This grilled ham and Brie sandwich is piled high with thinly sliced ham, creamy Brie cheese, crispy granny smith apple and sweet blueberry jam for one scrumptious bite. Your belly is definitely gonna do a happy dance!
This ain’t no ordinary sandwich, my friends. And, it definitely ain’t diet food. Nope. It’s straight-up indulgent.
Breakfast, lunch or dinner, I can eat a cheesy sandwich for any meal. This time I went all out with Brie.
This Brie sandwich tastes so good you’ll wanna break out in a happy dance in the middle of the kitchen. No? Just me? Food does all kinda funny things to me. Ha!
If you want to make things super substantial, enjoy this grilled cheese with a big bowl of tomato soup. Talk about a comforting meal!
How to Get Perfect Grill Marks
First off, I love to smear butter on the outside of the sandwich to give a little flavour and to help with the grilling.
A griddle pan is not required to make this grilled cheese sandwich recipe, but surely helps!
If you don’t have a cast iron griddle pan (like I’m using here) use a regular cast iron pan or non-stick pan.
The heat should be on medium.
You want the sandwich exterior to get all golden brown and crispy and for the cheese to get all oozy and melty.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
More Recipe Tips
Don’t use just any old bread. Use something flavourful and fresh. For this sandwich, I used sourdough (this is a great recipe for homemade sourdough bread )
Speaking of bread, the size of the slices you choose will impact how much mayo and butter you use. I had some decent-sized slices of bread and what I used for this recipe was just right.
I used a variation on my mixed berry chia seed jam and made blueberry chia seed jam for this sandwich, but you could use whatever type of jam you enjoy best.
Thinly sliced or shaved ham works lovely in this recipe. Your deli should be able to slice it up for you.
Don’t care for Brie cheese? Camembert works lovely too!
More Easy Sandwich Recipes
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Heidi, Pear & Caramelized Onions
- Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Classic Egg Salad Sandwich
- Mortadella Sandwich
Hope you love this grilled ham and Brie sandwich as much as we do!
If you make this gourmet grilled cheese sandwich, be sure to leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed!
Grilled Ham and Brie Sandwich
- 4 slices sourdough sandwich bread (or your favourite bread)
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons blueberry jam
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces ham , thinly sliced
- 80 grams Brie cheese , cut into thin slices (about 3 ounces)
- ½ apple , thinly sliced
- Spread mayo on one side of each slice of bread. Distribute jam over top of only 2 of those slices. Sprinkle with a little black pepper.
- Top jam with cheese. Next, add apple slices and ham. Top with remaining bread slices to form two sandwiches.
- Butter the outside of all 4 bread slices.
- Heat a griddle pan or non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add sandwiches and cook about 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and crispy outside and the cheese is melted inside. Carefully remove from pan, cut in half (if desired) and enjoy!
- Don’t use just any old bread. Use something flavourful and fresh. For this sandwich, I used sourdough.
- Speaking of bread, the size of the slices you choose will affect how much mayo and butter you use. I had some decent-sized slices of bread and what I used for this recipe was just right.
- I used a variation on my mixed berry chia seed jam and made blueberry chia seed jam for this sandwich, but you could use whatever type of jam you enjoy best.
- Thinly sliced or shaved ham works lovely in this recipe. Your deli should be able to slice it up for you.
- Don’t care for Brie cheese? Camembert works lovely too!
Nutrition estimate (if provided) is based on 1 serving.
Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are guidelines only.