So happy that you stopped by.
Hi, are ya hungry? You’re bound to find a yummy recipe here! Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by & check out my site. My name is Dawn and I’m a girl that hearts food.
I live in Newfoundland with my best friend (who happens to be my hubby) and our furry child, Riley, who keeps us on our toes.
There’s always something delicious cooking in our home ’cause we love to cook and eat. I’m seriously starting to think the reason I work out is so I can eat so much. Good trade off, though, don’t ya think?
From one meal to the next, I’m always thinking about what the next meal will be. I didn’t always cook as much as I do now, but I’ve always enjoyed eating! Who doesn’t, especially when it’s good, simple food made from scratch.
So, What’s Girl Heart Food All About?
Some of the recipes you’ll find on Girl Heart Food are healthy, while others are indulgent (because I love cheese). But the main thing is that the recipes are easy and delicious!
I love using simple ingredients, that are easily accessible and relatively budget friendly so that people can prepare fuss-free meals that their families will love! There’s definitely something here for everyone.
Food, A Love Story
My love of cooking has grown so much over the years. It started out from watching a lot of The Food Network and re-runs of Julia Child’s shows on PBS.
One of my favourite quotes by Julia Child is ‘If you’re afraid of butter, use cream.’ That one always puts a smile on my face!
I’m really relaxed in the kitchen. From recipe development to cooking/testing (and, of course, tasting), being in the kitchen is definitely my happy place. There’s nothing more rewarding than making a dish from the heart and serving it to family and friends.
I share recipes that I truly love and hope you do too.
Remember, Rule #1 is to Have Fun!
Cooking is a learning process but, most importantly, it should be fun! Just enjoy yourself! Remember, everything doesn’t have to be perfect and that’s perfectly okay! If you make lumpy gravy, grab your immersion blender and blitz that baby out!
A Little About Dawn
I’ve embraced my quirks and you should too; it’s what makes each of us special, ya know? So, 10 little factoids about little ol’ me:
- I love the smell of garlic on my hands after I’ve chopped it
- I always have my toenails painted
- If I get shell in my eggs, I might just pass out; okay, not pass out, but be seriously disgusted
- My favourite colour is pink
- I’m obsessed with socks with food on them
- I live in comfy clothes on the weekend, like yoga pants, oversized tops and comfy slippers
- I love little serving dishes; my collection is out of control right now
- I don’t have a tattoo, but if I did, it would probably be a stick of butter
- My favourite season is fall. Hello comfort food, tall boots, and the crispness in the air
- I love all types of cuisine, but one of my favourite meals is my mother’s turkey dinner with all the delicious sides. There’s something so special about that meal and no one can make it like her. Hubby makes a mean Bolognese with homemade pasta that I absolutely love too. Pasta with a glass of wine and a hunk of crusty bread and I’m one happy lady!
Get All the Latest Posts Right in Your Inbox
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Girl Heart Food newsletter to stay in the loop on all the deliciousness.
If you want to drop me a line, email me at [email protected]
Thanks so much & happy cooking!
P.S. That’s me and Riley down below. You may see him around here every so often; he loves food as much as I do, so that’s sayin’ something.