One of my favourite go-to lunches is this Curry Chicken Salad recipe! Things are lightened up a tad with a combo of Greek yogurt and mayo and some diced apple is added to the mix for sweetness and texture. So yummy!
Can you believe it’s almost the weekend again? Did ya do anything special yesterday to celebrate Valentine’s Day? As I mentioned earlier this week, fur baby had his 8th birthday yesterday so, of course, he was spoiled rotten with treats and toys (that were destroyed in 5 minutes flat). But, boy, those 5 minutes were fun! We are planning on celebrating Valentine’s Day this weekend with some homemade Indian food, which includes my veg korma (my take on my favourite take out dish), among others. Hubby and I plan on preparing it together while listening to some records and having a glass of vino. The little things, am I right? Can’t wait! Anywho, onto this curry chicken salad recipe, shall we?
What Goes in Chicken Salad? How to Make Chicken Salad Sandwich?
What makes this chicken salad sandwich extra easy is that I used leftover rotisserie chicken. Those are so freakin’ convenient, am I right?? If you don’t have any hanging around your fridge, not to worry, just cook up some chicken and let it cool for this recipe. You can even double the batch of the curry chicken salad mixture to have ready for a couple day’s worth of sandwiches for easy brown-bagging-it lunches.
The basic elements of any chicken salad sandwich recipe are –
- Cooked chicken
- Seasoning, like salt and pepper
Buuuuut, this isn’t just any chicken salad sandwich recipe! It’s a healthy chicken salad curry style!
To make this curry chicken salad sandwich recipe simply –
- Grab a bowl and combine cooked chicken, apple, yogurt, mayo, chives, curry powder, lime juice, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Stir well to combine and get all those chunks o chicken covered in that creamy curry goodness.
- Toast some bread (optional), spread some may over and divide the chicken salad among two slices. Top with remaining two slices of bread.
- Optional – throw some greenage on there for added oomph, like arugula, baby spinach or butter lettuce.
How Long Does Chicken Salad Last?
Properly stored in the fridge and assuming the chicken was freshly made, chicken salad should last 3-4 days in the fridge. After that, I’d toss it out.
What Goes with this Chicken Chicken Salad Recipe?
- I don’t often drink soda, but I tell ya, when I have any type of ‘salad’ sandwich, I love to enjoy it with a soda.
- Veggie sticks
- Nice big Kosher pickle
- Potato chips
- Your fave bowl of soup
- A green salad, like this Roasted Butternut Squash and Cranberry Salad from Love in my Oven
- Do you have any food combos that you have got to have?
Variations of this Chicken Salad Recipe
- Try chicken salad sandwich with grapes (I like to halve them).
- Even chicken salad sandwich with raisins would work wonderfully.
- Rather not have fruit? Try chopped celery instead.
- Not into fruit or veggies with chicken salad? Omit and this sandwich will still be delish.
- Want things even healthier? Omit the mayo entirely and replace with all Greek yogurt.
Looking for more Easy Curry Recipes? Check These Out!
- Zucchini Noodle Curry Coconut Soup with Grilled Tofu
- Curried Green Lentils and Kale
- Curried Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup
Hope you love this easy curry chicken salad with apples as much as we do!
Until next time, take care and chit chat again soon! Have a wonderful weekend!
P.S. If you think this Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich recipe will make your belly happy too, please be sure to hit that little Pin button. Many thanks, you guys! XO
Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich with Apple
- 4 slices your favourite bread
- 1.5 cups cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 apple -small cubes
- 2 Tbsp Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp light mayo
- 1 Tbsp chives -finely chopped, or green onion
- 1/2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients (except bread) in a bowl, stirring to combine.
- Toast bread to desired doneness, spread with mayo and divide curry chicken salad mixture amongst two slices of toast, topping with other 2 pieces of toast. Enjoy!
Nutrition (estimate only)
class=”alignnone size-full wp-image-9048″ src=”https://girlheartfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Curry-Chicken-Salad-Sandwich-Tall-Pin-2.jpg” alt=”A curry chicken salad sandwich with arugula alongside an apple and some carrot sticks.” width=”600″ height=”900″ data-pin-description=”One of my favourite go-to lunches is this easy Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich! Things are lightened up a tad with a combo of Greek yogurt and mayo and some diced apple is added to the mix for sweetness and texture.
#healthychickensalad #sandwich #lunch #currychicken #curry #leftoverchicken #currychickensaladsandwich” />