This curry chicken salad sandwich is loaded with flavour and texture. Things are lightened up a little with a combo of Greek yogurt and mayonnaise. Curry chicken salad with apple makes for such an easy and delicious lunch idea and sure to be a favourite!
Can you believe it’s almost the weekend again? Did ya do anything special yesterday to celebrate Valentine’s Day?
As I mentioned earlier this week, fur baby had his 8th birthday yesterday so, of course, he was spoiled rotten with treats and toys (that were destroyed in 5 minutes flat). But, boy, those 5 minutes were fun!
We are planning on celebrating Valentine’s Day this weekend with some homemade Indian food, which includes my veg korma (my take on my favourite take out dish), among others.
Hubby and I plan on preparing it together while listening to some records and having a glass of vino. The little things, am I right? Can’t wait!
Onto this curry chicken salad recipe, shall we?
Enjoy chicken sandwiches? Check out this chicken and prosciutto sandwich!
Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich Ingredients
What makes this chicken salad sandwich recipe extra easy is that I used leftover rotisserie chicken. Those are so convenient, am I right?
If you don’t have any hanging around your fridge, not to worry, just cook up some chicken for use in this sandwich!
The basic elements of any chicken salad sandwich recipe are:
- Cooked chicken
- Seasoning, like salt and pepper
But, this isn’t just any chicken salad sandwich recipe! It’s a healthier chicken salad (because some of the mayonnaise is subbed out for yogurt). Plus, there’s curry and apple in there (and some other yummy ingredients)!
How To Make This Recipe
Full details on how to make this curry chicken salad sandwich are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics:
- To a bowl, add the cooked chicken, apple, yogurt, mayonnaise, chives, curry powder, lime juice, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Stir well to combine and get all those chunks of chicken covered in that creamy curry goodness.
- Toast (optional) some bread, spread some mayonnaise over and divide the chicken salad between two slices. Top with remaining two slices of bread to form the sandwiches. Optional: Throw some green leafy veggies onto your sandwich for added colour, texture and flavour, like arugula, baby spinach or butter lettuce.
What To Serve With This Sandwich
- Veggie sticks
- Nice big Kosher pickle
- Potato chips
- Your favourite bowl of soup
- Apple and Gouda mixed green salad
I love any type of salad sandwich with a soda or sparking water. It’s a fave! What do you enjoy with your sandwich?
- Try chicken salad sandwich with grapes (halve them).
- Even chicken salad sandwich with raisins would work wonderfully.
- Rather not have fruit? Try chopped celery instead.
- Not into fruit or veggies with chicken salad? Omit and this sandwich will still be delish.
- Want things even healthier? Omit the mayonnaise entirely and replace with all Greek yogurt.
More Easy Sandwich Recipes
If you make this curry chicken salad sandwich recipe, be sure to leave a comment below!
Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich
- 1.5 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cut into small bite-sized pieces
- ½ apple, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, plus more to taste for the bread
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives, or green onion
- ½ tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, from about ½ of a lime
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 4 slices sandwich bread, use your favourite variety
- baby arugula, to taste (optional)
- In a bowl, stir together the chicken, apple, Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, chives, curry powder, lime juice, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper until well combined.
- Toast bread to desired doneness (or leave untoasted, if desired).
- Spread mayonnaise on one side of all four slices of toast. Divide the curry chicken salad mixture between two slices of toast (over mayonnaise), layer on baby arugula (if using), then top with the remaining slices of toast (with the mayonnaise side on the inside) to form the two sandwiches. Serve and enjoy!
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.
© Girl Heart Food Inc. Photographs and content are copyright protected.
Tried this recipe?
If you do make this recipe, thank you!! It would mean so much if you could leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed it, and it helps other readers too!