This curry chicken salad with apple is loaded with flavour and texture. Things are lightened up a little with a combo of Greek yogurt and mayo. Makes for such an easy and delicious lunch idea and sure to be a favourite!
Can you believe it’s almost the weekend again? Did ya do anything special yesterday to celebrate Valentine’s Day?
As I mentioned earlier this week, fur baby had his 8th birthday yesterday so, of course, he was spoiled rotten with treats and toys (that were destroyed in 5 minutes flat). But, boy, those 5 minutes were fun!
We are planning on celebrating Valentine’s Day this weekend with some homemade Indian food, which includes my veg korma (my take on my favourite take out dish), among others.
Hubby and I plan on preparing it together while listening to some records and having a glass of vino. The little things, am I right? Can’t wait!
Onto this curry chicken salad recipe, shall we?
Enjoy chicken sandwiches? Check out this chicken and prosciutto sandwich!
Ingredients for Curry Chicken Salad with Apple
What makes this chicken salad sandwich recipe extra easy is that I used leftover rotisserie chicken. Those are so freakin’ convenient, am I right?
If you don’t have any hanging around your fridge, not to worry, just cook up some chicken for use in this sandwich!
The basic elements of any chicken salad sandwich recipe are:
- Cooked chicken
- Seasoning, like salt and pepper
But, this isn’t just any chicken salad sandwich recipe! It’s a healthier chicken salad (because some of the mayo is subbed out for yogurt).
To make this curry chicken salad sandwich recipe simply:
- To a bowl, add the cooked chicken, apple, yogurt, mayo, chives, curry powder, lime juice, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Stir well to combine and get all those chunks of chicken covered in that creamy curry goodness.
- Toast some bread (optional), spread some may over and divide the chicken salad between two slices. Top with remaining two slices of bread.
- Optional: throw some green leafy veggies on there for added oomph, like arugula, baby spinach or butter lettuce.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
What to Serve with This Sandwich
- I don’t often drink soda, but I tell ya, when I have any type of ‘salad’ sandwich, I love to enjoy it with a soda
- Veggie sticks
- Nice big Kosher pickle
- Potato chips
- Your favourite bowl of soup
- A green salad, like this roasted butternut squash and cranberry salad from Love in my Oven
- Do you have any food combos that you have got to have?
Try chicken salad sandwich with grapes (I like to halve them).
Even chicken salad sandwich with raisins would work wonderfully.
Rather not have fruit? Try chopped celery instead.
Not into fruit or veggies with chicken salad? Omit and this sandwich will still be delish.
Want things even healthier? Omit the mayo entirely and replace with all Greek yogurt.
More Easy Sandwich Recipes
Hope you love this easy curry chicken salad with apples as much as we do!
If you make this curry chicken salad sandwich recipe, be sure to leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed!
Curry Chicken Salad with Apple
- 4 slices sandwich bread (your favourite variety)
- 1.5 cups cooked chicken , shredded or cut into small bite-sized pieces
- ½ apple , cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon light mayo
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives (or green onion)
- ½ tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (from about ½ of a lime)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper powder
- arugula (garnish, optional)
- In a bowl, stir together the chicken, apple, yogurt, mayo, chives, curry powder, lime juice, salt and black pepper until well combined.
- Toast bread to desired doneness (or leave untoasted, if desired).
- Spread mayo on one side of all four slices of toast. Divide curry chicken salad mixture between two slices of toast, topping with the other 2 slices of toast to form the two sandwiches. Enjoy!Note: You can add arugula to taste on top of your chicken salad mixture, if you like.
Nutrition (ESTIMATE ONLY)
Nutrition estimate (if provided) is based on 1 Serving.
Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are guidelines only.