Creamy, chocolaty, minty and simply delicious, this chocolate mint smoothie is a fabulous treat when you’re craving something a little sweet, but also want it to be on the healthier side of things. Sure to be a favourite!
I love smoothies with cocoa power (this chocolate peanut butter smoothie is one of my absolute faves).
It’s probably because (1) chocolate and (2) it tastes like a dessert smoothie.
And I also love chocolate and mint (my fave ice cream flavour by the way), so it’s no surprise that this chocolate mint smoothie has been on rotation a whole lot lately.
You can’t imagine how much fresh mint we’re growing. It’s getting just slightly insane. Like, I could probably supply the street with it, it’s that much.
And we have multiple varieties: peppermint, chocolate mint, and orange mint.
Now, if we could only just get that basil to grow.
Why We Love this Chocolate Mint Smoothie
- It’s like a healthy dessert in a smoothie form
- Refined sugar free
- Has some richness from the avocado
- Takes minutes to make
- Tastes delicious!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
Can I Use Another Milk?
Almond milk was used in this smoothie, but you can use oat milk, soy milk or regular dairy milk.
And, if you really want to amp up the chocolate factor here, use a ‘chocolate’ variety of milk.
Do I Have to Use Avocado?
Avocado helps gives this chocolate mint smoothie lushness.
If you prefer not to use it, you could always replace it with a frozen banana. It will impart a slight banana flavour, but not hugely so.
More Easy Smoothie Recipes
Hope you love this chocolate mint smoothie recipe as much as we do!
If you make this minty smoothie, please leave a comment below. Love to hear how you enjoyed it!
Chocolate Mint Smoothie (so incredibly delicious!)
- 1.5 cups almond milk (or your favourite milk)
- 1 avocado , peeled and pitted
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves (about 40 or so leaves)
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons chocolate protein powder (opt for a vegan and/or gluten free variety if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa nibs (plus more for garnish, if you like)
- Add all ingredients to a blender, cover and blend until smooth. Portion into glasses and garnish with more cocoa nibs (if desired). Enjoy!
Nutrition estimate (if provided) is based on 1 serving.
Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are guidelines only.