Creamy, chocolaty, minty and simply delicious, this chocolate mint smoothie is a fabulous treat when you’re craving something a little sweet, but also want it to be on the healthier side of things. Sure to be a favourite!
I love smoothies with cocoa power (this chocolate peanut butter smoothie is one of my absolute faves).
It’s probably because (1) chocolate and (2) it tastes like a dessert smoothie.
And I also love chocolate and mint (my fave ice-cream flavour by the way), so it’s no surprise that this chocolate mint smoothie has been on rotation a whole lot lately.
You can’t imagine how much fresh mint we’re growing. It’s getting just slightly insane. Like, I could probably supply the street with it, it’s that much.
And we have multiple varieties – peppermint, chocolate mint, and orange mint.
Now, if we could only just get that basil to grow…
Why We Love this Chocolate Mint Smoothie
- It’s like a healthy dessert in a smoothie form
- Refined sugar free
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Has some richness from avocado
- Takes minutes to make
- Tastes delicious!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
Can I Use Another Milk?
Almond milk was used in this smoothie, but you can use oat milk, soy milk or regular dairy milk.
And, if you really want to amp up the chocolate factor here, use a ‘chocolate’ variety of milk.
Do I Have to Use Avocado?
Avocado helps gives this chocolate mint smoothie lushness and adds some healthy fats.
If you prefer not to use, you could always replace with a frozen banana. It will impart a slight banana flavour, but not hugely so.
More Easy Smoothie Recipes You May Enjoy
- Blackberry Coconut Smoothie – With plenty of blackberries and coconut, this pretty purple smoothie is delicious!
- Blueberry Mango Smoothie – Creamy, fruity and so yummy!
- Orange Vanilla Smoothie – Like a favourite childhood treat in smoothie form.
- Ginger Smoothie – This green smoothie is chock full of goodness and makes for a great start to the day.
Hope you love this chocolate mint smoothie recipe as much as we do!
Until next time, take care and chit chat again soon,
Make this minty smoothie? That’s awesome! Love it if you left a comment below. Many thanks!
Chocolate Mint Smoothie (so incredibly delicious!)
- 1.5 cups almond milk (or your favourite milk)
- 1 avocado , peeled and pitted
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves (about 40 or so leaves)
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons chocolate protein powder (opt for a vegan variety to keep this vegan, if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa nibs (plus more for garnish, if you like)
- Add all ingredients to a blender, cover and blend until smooth. Enjoy!