Summer is all about refreshing summer drinks and this strawberry mocktail recipe is just that! Loaded with plenty of fresh, juicy strawberries and herbaceous mint, this delicious thirst-quencher is sure to be on rotation all summer long!
So, it’s officially summer! How exciting is that?
Every spring, our little herb garden starts out so small and as the days go on, we have so many fresh herbs (more than what we can use, really).
One herb that is quite plentiful in our garden is mint. We have all sorts of varieties, including peppermint, orange, chocolate and strawberry.
This colourful strawberry mocktail is just another fun and delicious way to use some of that super fresh mint. Plus, it’s super refreshing on a warm summer day!
What Is a Mocktail?
A mocktail is a non-alcoholic cocktail. It uses ingredients like fruit juices, sodas, club soda and/or flavoured or sparking water to create a tasty and refreshing beverage.
This strawberry mocktail is kinda like a really yummy infused water, only better. Think of it like a well-crafted cocktail, but without the alcohol.
Why We Love This Mocktail Recipe
- This strawberry mocktail is made with just 6 simple ingredients (including ice).
- It’s a great way to enjoy tasty seasonal produce, like strawberries.
- It can be made in less than 10 minutes.
- Of course, the fruit mocktail recipe is refreshing and delicious!
Strawberry Mocktail Ingredients
- Lime juice
- Mint leaves
- Sparkling water
How To Make This Recipe
Full details are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics:
Place the chopped strawberries, lime juice, mint leaves and honey in a short or short-ish cocktail glass (that’s decently wide).
Muddle (break up) the ingredients with a cocktail muddler or wooden spoon. Basically, this is to extract the delicious juice and flavours from the berries and mint.
It’s okay if there are some visible chunks of strawberries left; just keep in mind that the more you muddle, more of those juices and flavours are released.
If you prefer not to muddle the ingredients, you can use a small food processor to blend them to create somewhat of a strawberry puree.
If you do this, you’ll be left with a smoother consistency to your mocktail.
Fill the glass about halfway up with ice, then top with sparkling water. Give everything a little stir to combine. That’s it! All that’s left to do is drink up!
If you want to get a little fancy, you can garnish the strawberry mocktail with some strawberry, mint and lime.
As you can probably tell, this fruity mocktail recipe is a fun addition to summer barbecues or when you’re just chilling on the deck!
Tips and Variations
- I used about ½ tablespoon of honey per mocktail. I don’t like things too sweet, but if you do feel free to add more.
- To sweeten, you can use maple syrup or simple syrup instead of honey.
- I used a flavoured sparkling water (strawberry, to be exact), but you can use a plain version if that’s what you have on hand or prefer. Just keep in mind that the flavoured sparkling water will give you more of a strawberry flavour.
More Fun Summer Recipes
If you make this strawberry mocktail recipe, be sure to leave a comment below!
Strawberry Mocktail Recipe
- 4 to 5 strawberries, stems removed and strawberries chopped (plus more to taste for optional garnish)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, from about ½ of a lime
- 8 to 10 fresh mint leaves, plus more to taste for optional garnish
- ½ to 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup, or to taste (depending on how sweet you like things)
- ice cubes or crushed ice, enough to fill the glass about halfway
- strawberry sparkling water (or regular), enough to top up glass
- Lime slices, garnish to taste (optional)
- Place strawberries, lime juice, mint leaves and honey in a short drink glass and muddle (basically mash everything to break down get the strawberries and mint to release their juices and flavours) with a wooden spoon. Note: The more you muddle, the more you'll extract the juices and flavours from the berries and mint. It's okay if there are some visible pieces of strawberry left. Muddle until you've reached the consistency you like best.
- Add ice cubes to the glass, filling about halfway, then top up with sparkling water. Stir to combine everything. Garnish with a strawberry, a lime slice and/or more fresh mint, if desired. Serve and enjoy!Note: If you like things sweeter, you can add more honey or maple syrup to taste.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.
Tried this recipe?
If you do make this recipe, thank you!! It would mean so much if you could leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed it, and it helps other readers too!