Incredibly creamy and delicious with the most beautiful hue, this blueberry peanut butter smoothie comes together in minutes. Berry smoothies are such a wonderful way to start your day or enjoy as a mid-afternoon snack.
Every summer my pop (grandfather) gives me a huge bucket of freshly picked Newfoundland blueberries. We eat some straight out of the bucket and then freeze the rest to enjoy throughout the year and, let me tell you, they’re really appreciated. Talk about sweet and delicious, especially for blueberry smoothies.
Hubby and I enjoy smoothies on the regular, mostly on Saturday when we’re on the go doing odds and ends around the house.
Sometimes I’ll make smoothies during weekday mornings, if time allows. Though they take minutes to prepare, time is precious in the morning and sometimes this lady just needs that extra 5 minutes of sleep time; feel me?
Do you remember back in, like, kindergarten when we used to take little naps during the day? The teacher would turn the lights down, we’d put our little heads on our desk and take a little nap. Ya know, I think they were on to something!! Ha! Wouldn’t I love to be able to do that now. Around 3pm each day, I’m pooped!
Anyway, I digress. Perhaps this vibrantly-hued, flavour-packed frozen fruit smoothie will help me out. A girl can dream, right?
Why We Love This Blueberry Peanut Butter Smoothie
- The berries give this smoothie such a pretty colour.
- This smoothie is packed with delicious blueberries.
- The recipe uses frozen fruit that you probably have on hand in your freezer (you don’t have to wait for what’s in season).
- Like most smoothie recipes, it comes together in minutes.
- It’s made with just 4 simple ingredients.
- It makes for a delicious breakfast or snack.
- It’s dairy free (but can be made with dairy, if you like).
- It’s refined sugar free and naturally sweetened with blueberry goodness.
- It probably goes without saying, but this blueberry peanut butter smoothie tastes delicious!
Can I Use Dairy Instead of Almond Milk?
Absolutely! Use your favourite dairy milk if you like. Other delicious options are soy milk or oat milk. If you want to add another element of flavour, try vanilla flavoured oat or almond milk.
Do I Have To Use Banana?
Nope! I love bananas in smoothies because they add lushness and creaminess. You can’t really taste it here, but you can omit if you like. Feel free to sub in some more blueberries.
Tips and Variations
- There’s no added sugar here, but you can add some maple syrup or honey, if you like.
- This smoothie is thick! Thin things out with more milk if you like a looser consistency.
- Amp things up with protein powder. A peanut butter flavoured protein powder would be lovely in this smoothie.
- I drizzled these fruity smoothies with some melted peanut butter and topped with crushed peanuts. This is totally optional! It does create quite the lovely colour contrast, though, and add an extra layer of peanut butter flavour.
- More delicious smoothie topping ideas for this blueberry peanut butter smoothie are blueberries, chia seeds, flax seeds or oats.
More Berry Smoothie Recipes
If you make this blueberry smoothie recipe, be sure to leave a comment below!
Blueberry Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana, cut into chunks
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons all-natural peanut butter
- 2 cups almond milk, approximately
- Place all ingredients in a blender, cover and blend until smooth and combined. If you want a looser or thinner consistency, you can blend in a little more milk. Once the desired consistency is reached, divide the smoothie between two glasses, serve and enjoy!Note: Optional is to drizzle some melted peanut butter over top and add some crushed peanuts.
Nutrition estimate (if provided) is based on 1 Serving.
Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are guidelines only.
Tried this recipe?
If you do make this recipe, thank you!! It would mean so much if you could leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed it, and it helps other readers too!