Thick, creamy and loaded with plenty of fresh mint and matcha, this green tea matcha smoothie makes for a delicious start to your day!
If you’re a green tea lover and a green smoothie lover, then you’re gonna wanna try this mint matcha smoothie!
Loaded with punch-ya-in-the taste-bud flavours, like fresh mint and matcha, this green tea smoothie is a great way to mix up the ol’ breakfast or snack routine.
So, next time, instead of reaching for a hot tea, why not give this matcha green tea smoothie a go? It’s delicious!
Why We Love this Matcha Smoothie
- If you’re a green tea lover, especially of mint green tea, this is just another delicious way to enjoy that flavour!
- Dairy free
- Made with just 6 ingredients
- Can be enjoyed in minutes
What Is Matcha Anyway?
Matcha is green tea powder. It has a serious green tea taste and a little goes a long way.
And, if you’re using matcha (like I did here in a smoothie), it will give things a pretty green hue.
How to Make It
Like pretty much all smoothies, this yummy green smoothie is super easy to prepare!
Simply combine all your ingredients in a blender, and blend until combined and smooth.
The green tea powder and mint gives this green smoothie such as pretty hue!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
More Recipe Tips & Variations
Use frozen pineapple chunks and banana here as it helps create a creamier consistency.
If you don’t need this smoothie to be vegan, you can use regular dairy milk.
Garnish is totally optional, but fun. I garnished with some coconut and mint, but other options are flax seeds and chia seeds.
More Smoothie Recipes You May Enjoy
Hope you love this matcha green tea smoothie as much as we do!
If you try this mint matcha smoothie, be sure to leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed!
Matcha Smoothie with Mint
- 1.5 cups vanilla oat milk (or regular oat milk or almond milk)
- ½ cup frozen pineapple chunks ('heaping' half cup)
- 1 frozen banana , cut into chunks
- ½ avocado , peeled and pitted
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves (about 40 leaves)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons matcha powder (depending on how much green tea flavour you enjoy)
- Mix all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Divide the smoothie between two glasses. If you like, you can garnish with coconut and mint leaves (totally optional). Enjoy!Note: If you are unsure how much matcha flavour you want, you can always start with a lesser amount, blend, stop and taste to see how you like it. If you want more, you can always blend in more to taste.
Nutrition estimate (if provided) is based on 1 Serving.
Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are guidelines only.