Thick, creamy and loaded with plenty of fresh mint and matcha, this green tea matcha smoothie makes for a delicious start to your day!
If you’re a green tea lover and a green smoothie lover, then you’re gonna wanna try this mint matcha smoothie!
Loaded with punch-ya-in-the taste-bud flavours, like fresh mint and matcha, this green tea smoothie is a great way to mix up the ol’ breakfast or snack routine.
So, next time, instead of reaching for a hot tea, why not give this matcha green tea smoothie a go? It’s delicious!
Why We Love This Matcha Smoothie
- If you’re a green tea lover, especially of mint green tea, this is just another delicious way to enjoy that flavour!
- This is a dairy-free smoothie.
- It’s made with just 6 ingredients.
- It can be enjoyed in minutes.
What Is Matcha Anyway?
Matcha is green tea powder. It has a serious green tea taste and a little goes a long way.
And, if you’re using matcha (like I did here in a smoothie), it will give things a pretty green hue.
How To Make It
Like pretty much all smoothies, this yummy green smoothie is super easy to prepare!
Simply combine all your ingredients in a blender, and blend until combined and smooth. Refer to the recipe card below for full details.
The green tea powder and mint gives this green smoothie such as pretty hue!
Tips and Variations
- Use frozen pineapple chunks and banana here as it helps create a creamier consistency.
- If you don’t need this matcha smoothie to be vegan, you can use regular dairy milk.
- Garnish is totally optional, but fun. I garnished with some coconut and mint, but other options are flax seeds and chia seeds.
More Yummy Smoothie Recipes
If you make this mint matcha smoothie, be sure to leave a comment below!
Matcha Smoothie With Mint
- 1.5 cups vanilla oat milk, or regular oat milk or almond milk
- ½ cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 frozen banana, cut into chunks
- ½ avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, about 40 leaves (plus more to taste for optional garnish)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons matcha powder, depending on how much green tea flavour you enjoy
- Shredded coconut, garnish to taste (optional)
- Place all ingredients (except the shredded coconut garnish) in a blender and blend until smooth. Divide the smoothie between two glasses. If you like, you can garnish with shredded coconut and mint leaves (totally optional). Serve and enjoy!Note: If you are unsure how much matcha flavour you want, you can always start with a lesser amount, blend, stop and taste to see how you like it. If you want more, you can always blend in more to taste.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.
© Girl Heart Food Inc. Photographs and content are copyright protected.
Tried this recipe?
If you do make this recipe, thank you!! It would mean so much if you could leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed it, and it helps other readers too!