These Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas are on your dinner table and ready to enjoy in about 20 minutes. They’re bursting with chicken, black beans, hot peppers, corn and lots and lots of cheese. The finishing touch? Adobo sauce for that smoky heat. You’re gonna love these!
Hey friends! How was your weekend? For my American friends, hope you’re having a fun long weekend with lots of good eats! Missed all you guys last week. I’m all fired up to bring you lots of yummy recipes! Today, it’s these chicken and cheese quesadillas and they’re gooooood….if I do say so myself 😉
Quesadillas are something hubby and I regularly enjoy. They not only taste delicious, but are super quick to whip up, which is why we enjoy them for busy weekday dinners or even for Friday night eats. Quesadillas are often cooked on the stove top, but I prefer to cook them in the oven….mostly because it’s less fuss and that’s never a bad thing.
How to Make Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas
For this recipe, I used cooked chicken so everything came together quite quickly. All you need to do is distribute the chicken on half of each tortilla and top with everything else. Fold over, brush with a touch of oil and bake until they are heated through and the cheese is melted. You may want to wait a few minutes before cutting, though, ’cause that cheese is all hot and melty….not that that’s a bad thing, if you ask me!
What to Serve with Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas
You know me and my garnishes and little side kicks (love ’em). They’re what takes a meal from yummy to something special. Some off my faves to serve with these chicken and cheese quesadillas are:
- Greek yogurt
- Sour cream
- Pickled red onion
Tips for Making these Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas
- Make sure your beans are rinsed, drained and patted dry so they don’t leak too much moisture into the quesadillas….same with the banana peppers.
- Omit the chicken if you prefer a vegetarian option.
- Want something besides chicken in these cheese quesadillas? Shredded cooked pork or roast beef works wonderfully here too
- Don’t have, don’t like or don’t want to use adobo sauce? Your favourite BBQ sauce works awesome too.
- These make awesome leftovers. You can certainly reheat in the microwave, but they won’t have that same exterior crunch, but still taste delicious. If you want, you can re-heat in the oven on 400F for about 10 minutes.
Other Recipes you May Enjoy
- Southwest Chicken Salad
- Healthy Southwest Chicken and Rice Skillet
- Oven Baked Fish Tacos with Chipotle Lime Sauce
- Cheesy Lentil Quesadillas
Hope you love these chicken and cheese quesadillas as much as I do!
Until next time, take care and chit chat again soon 🙂
Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas
- 2.5 cups cooked chicken -cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 large tortillas
- 3/4 cup canned black beans -rinsed and drained (I used unsalted variety)
- 1 ear corn -kernels removed
- 2.5 cups cheddar cheese -shredded
- 1/3 cup banana peppers
- 2 tbsp adobo sauce
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 400F. Distribute chicken evenly over tortillas (on one half of each tortilla).
Top chicken with black beans, corn, banana peppers, cheese and adobo sauce. Fold over top so you have half moon shapes.
Brush top of tortilla with olive oil. Bake for about 10 minutes until heated through and cheese melted. Lest rest for about 10 minutes before cutting in half. Makes 12 pieces. Serve with salsa, Greek yogurt, guacamole or sour cream. Enjoy!
If you don't have leftover chicken, cook about 1 boneless skinless chicken breast and 2 boneless/skinless chicken thighs in a cast iron skillet in a 400F degree oven for about 22-25 minutes and internal temperature reaches 165F or until chicken is cooked through. Let cool slightly before chopping up for use in quesadillas.