A healthy fajitas recipe made on one pan in about 20 minutes? Yep! These fish fajitas are poppin’ with flavour from homemade taco seasoning, lots of veggies and protein rich cod fillets. Enjoy as it or garnish to your heart’s content with your fave toppings!
Sharing a super easy fajitas recipe with you guys today – cod fish fajitas, to be exact.
If you remember a little while ago, I shared a homemade taco seasoning.
I’ve been using it nonstop because it adds loads of flavour to dishes. Plus, it’s so much better than any packet seasoning.
How cool would it be to set up a little garnish station, invite some friends over and make a big batch of fajitas?
Why These Fish Fajitas Are Great!
- They’re made on one sheet pan (for easy clean-up)
- They come together in about 20 minutes, which makes them awesome for an easy weeknight dinner (or Friday night eats)
- They’re light and fresh
- The recipe can easily be doubled for a crowd.
- If you don’t have cod fillets on hand, you can sub with another similar fish
- They can be customized to taste with your favourite toppings
- They taste SO good!
What Type Of Seafood Do I Use?
For this fish fajita recipe, I opted for cod. I had frozen on hand so that’s what I used.
Simply cut cod fillets into roughly equal sized portions so they cook evenly and equally.
Don’t have cod on hand or prefer to use another type of seafood? Go for it!
Other delicious options are –
- Sea Bass
Tip: Frozen cod fillets have a lot of excess moisture when thawed. Not a big deal, just make sure you pat them try with some brown paper towel before coating with oil and seasoning.
How to Make Fajitas
This oven baked cod recipe is beyond simple, you guys.
Spray your baking sheet with a little cooking spray or grease with some oil. Then, you simply toss veggies with oil and taco seasoning. Do the same for the cod.
Tip: Place cod strips on one half of a sheet pan on parchment, just in case it wants to stick. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
After about 10 to 12 minutes (or until the fish is cooked through, is opaque and flakes easily), it’s ready to come outta the oven!
Once out, give a generous squeeze of lime…and try to get the juice on the food, lol.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
What Goes With Fajitas?
You could enjoy these seafood fajitas all on your own, but if you want to make things more substantial any of these work great!
- Smoky baked black beans
- Mexican street corn
- You fave tortilla chips with homemade guacamole and salsa
Thirsty? Try a frozen strawberry mango margarita with these cod fajitas!
- Sliced avocado or guacamole
- Diced tomato
- Sliced chili
- Shredded cheese
- Hot sauce
- Sour cream
More Helpful Tips
This recipe makes 6 fajitas, but can easily be doubled.
Make sure your veggies and seafood are spread out on a large pan. Don’t have a large pan? Use two smaller ones.
No salt was added (because the taco seasoning has salt). However, you can add some salt to taste if you wish.
Opt for flour tortillas that are around 7 to 8 inches in diametre.
Speaking of tortillas, you can warm them or enjoy as is. Here are three easy ways to warm tortillas.
More Easy Cod Recipes You May Enjoy
- Crispy Cod Burger – Panko cod fried until golden crispy and golden brown. Topped with homemade slaw and tartar sauce and so tasty!
- Cod au Gratin – Cod is coated in a creamy white sauce, topped with cheese and bread crumbs and baked until bubbling and golden brown. So good!
- Easy Fish Stew – A rich tomato based broth, veggies and cod in one belly satisfying bowl.
Hope you love this healthy fajita recipe as much as we do!
Until next time, take care and chit chat again soon,
Make this seafood fajitas recipe? That’s awesome! Love it if you left a comment and rating below. Many thanks!
Sheet Pan Fish Fajitas (made on a sheet pan in about 20 minutes!)
- 1.5 pounds boneless/skinless cod fillets , cut into strips
- 3 bell peppers , cut into strips
- 1 yellow, white or red onion , peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 – 2 tablespoons taco seasoning , or more to taste
- 1 lime , juiced
- 6 flour tortillas (about 7 to 8 inches in diametre)
- avocado (to taste)
- salsa (to taste)
- cilantro (to taste)
- salsa (to taste)
- sour cream (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place bell peppers and onion in a bowl and sprinkle with half of taco seasoning and half of oil. Toss to coat. Place on one side of a large baking sheet.
- Pat cod strips dry of excess moisture with a paper towel. Then, place into a bowl and drizzle with remaining olive oil and taco seasoning. Toss to coat. On half of sheet pan lay down some parchment paper and place fish strips on there.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cod is cooked through, is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over top.
- Place cod and veggies on warmed tortillas and garnish, is desired. Enjoy!
- This recipe makes 4 fajitas, but can easily be doubled.
- Make sure your veggies and seafood are spread out on a large pan. Don’t have a large pan? Use two smaller ones.
- No salt was added (because the taco seasoning has salt). However, you can add some salt to taste if you wish.
- Opt for flour tortillas that are around 7-8 inches in diametre.
- Speaking of tortillas, you can warm them or enjoy as is.
- Nutrition (estimate only) is without any garnish.