These lettuce tofu wraps are made with scrambled tofu, hearty black beans, bell pepper and corn. And, guess what? They take just minutes to prepare! Such a light, fresh and tasty dinner!
If you’re a fan of lettuce wraps (and of tofu), chances are you’ll love these lettuce tofu wraps!
These vegan wraps come together quickly, can be garnished to taste. They make for such a light lunch or dinner (especially in the summer months).
With an easy tofu scramble, black beans, corn and bell pepper, they’re so good!
There’s very little in the ingredient department and the recipe actually yields quite a bit. Talk about easy on the budget too.
One of my favourite things to do is make a batch on Sunday for the week ahead.
Ingredients for Vegan Lettuce Wraps
- Tofu (of course)
- A little oil
- Spices and seasoning
- Chili for a little heat
- Some bell pepper and corn for crunch
- Black beans for added oomph
- Lime juice for a little zest
- And, obviously, lettuce for making the wraps
What Type of Tofu Should I Use?
Use firm or extra firm tofu. It’s not necessary to press any of the moisture out of the tofu. Open up and proceed with the recipe.
And tofu scramble is super easy to prepare! I love to use my food processor. I just cut the tofu in cubes and pulse for a couple of times until I’ve reached my desired texture. Then? Just go ahead with the recipe. Easy, right??
Wait, no food processor?
If you don’t have a food processor, no worries. You can also place the cubed tofu in a bowl (or directly in the pan) and break up with a potato masher or wooden spoon.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
More Recipe Tips
I just barely cook the bell peppers when I’m frying the mixture out. I love to have a little texture on them. Use whatever colour you have on hand.
These vegan lettuce wraps have loads of flavour, but garnish is highly recommended (because I loves me some garnish). I particularly love pickled red onions (from Epicurious) and salsa. Avocado is delish too!
If you like more (or less) spice, simply adjust the chili to taste.
Other Ways to Enjoy Scrambled Tofu
- Enjoy with flour or corn tortillas
- Serve over nachos instead of meat
- Enjoy with rice, quinoa or couscous for a light lunch—>another personal fave of mine!
- Have for breakfast with an egg
More Veggie Recipes You May Enjoy
- Chickpea Sweet Potato Tacos – Made on a sheet pan in under 30 minutes and always a favourite.
- Chickpea Cauliflower Curry – Easy, hearty and delicious as is or over rice.
- Refried Bean Quesadillas – With homemade refried beans, cheese and corn chips, these are a delicious meal any day of the week!
Hope you enjoy these easy lettuce wraps as much as we do!
If you make these vegan lettuce wraps, be sure to leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed! Thank you!
Lettuce Tofu Wraps
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200 grams firm tofu , cut into cubes (about half a package)
- 1 to 2 red Thai chili peppers , minced (depending on how spicy you like things (or ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper powder))
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1.5 cups canned black beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 ear corn , kernels removed
- 1 bell pepper , diced
- 1 lime , juiced
- 1 head Boston Lettuce , leaves removed
- sliced avocado (to taste)
- salsa (to taste)
- sliced jalapeno (to taste)
- picked red onion (to taste)
- Place cubes of tofu in a food processor and pulse 2 to 3 times until you've reached your desired consistency.
- In a medium sized pan on medium heat add olive oil. Add tofu, chili peppers, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add black beans, corn and bell pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off heat. Stir in lime juice. Serve on lettuce leaves and garnish as desired. Enjoy!