These Black Bean and Tofu Scramble Lettuce Wraps take just over 10 minutes to prepare and are light, fresh and super tasty! Mix up your next taco Tuesday with these!
Hey everyone! How was your weekend? Did you do anything special to celebrate Mother’s Day? We were invited to my brother and sister-in-laws for a delicious brunch. What a spread! There was no way I was leaving hungry- so much food! I don’t think I ate for the rest of the day, lol. Did you catch CNN’s Parts Unknown last night? It was the episode where Anthony Bourdain visited Newfoundland, where I’m from. If you didn’t see it, check it out! So cool! Anyways, let’s talk tofu scramble lettuce wraps!
Ingredients for Vegan Lettuce Wraps
These tofu scramble lettuce wraps require very little in the ingredient department and it actually yields quite a bit. Talk about easy on the budget too! One of my favourite things to do is make a batch on Sunday for the week ahead.
How to Make Tofu Scramble
Tofu scramble is super easy to prepare, you guys! I love to use my food processor. I just cut the tofu in cubes and pulse for a couple of times until I’ve reached my desired texture. Then? Just go ahead with the recipe. Easy, right?? If you don’t have a food processor, no worries. You can also place the tofu in a bowl and break up with a potato masher.
Tips for Making these Vegan Lettuce Wraps
- Use firm tofu. It’s not necessary (or recommended) to press any of the moisture out of the tofu. Open up and proceed with the recipe.
- I just barely cook the bell peppers when I’m frying the mixture out. I love to have a little texture on them. Use whatever colour you have on hand.
- These have loads of flavour, especially cumin, but garnish is highly recommended. I particularly love pickled red onions and salsa.
Other ways to enjoy Scrambled Tofu
- Enjoy with flour or corn tortillas
- Serve over nachos instead of meat
- Enjoy with rice, quinoa or couscous for a light lunch—>another personal fave of mine!
- Have for breakfast with an egg
Looking for more easy vegan recipes? Check these out!
Hope you enjoy these vegan lettuce wraps! I’ll be away next week for a little r & r, but will see you back here the following week!
Don’t forget to subscribe below to stay in the loop on all the latest recipes 🙂
P.S. If you think these Black Bean and Tofu Scramble Vegan Lettuce Wraps will make your belly happy too, please be sure to hit that little Pin button. Many thanks, you guys! XO
Black Bean and Tofu Scramble Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200 grams firm tofu -cut into cubes (about half a package)
- 1-2 red Thai chili peppers -or 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 tbsp chili powder -minced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1.5 cups canned black beans -rinsed and drained
- 1 ear corn -kernels removed
- 1 bell pepper -diced
- 1 lime -juiced
- 1 head Boston Lettuce -leaves removed
- picked red onion
- Place cubes of tofu in a food processor and pulse 2-3 times until you've reached your desired consistency.
- In a medium sized pan on medium heat add olive oil. Add tofu, chili peppers, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add black beans, corn and bell pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat. Stir in lime juice. Serve on lettuce leaves and garnish as desired. Enjoy!