These lettuce tofu wraps are made with scrambled tofu, hearty black beans, bell pepper and corn. And, guess what? They take just minutes to prepare! Such a light, fresh and tasty dinner!
If you’re a fan of lettuce wraps (and of tofu), chances are you’ll love these lettuce tofu wraps!
These vegan wraps come together quickly, can be garnished to taste. They make for such a light lunch or dinner (especially in the summer months).
With an easy tofu scramble, black beans, corn and bell pepper, they’re so good!
There’s very little in the ingredient department and the recipe actually yields quite a bit. Talk about easy on the budget, too.
Ingredients for Tofu Wraps
- Tofu (of course)
- A little oil
- Spices and seasoning
- Chili for a little heat
- Some bell pepper and corn for crunch
- Black beans for added oomph
- Lime juice for a little zest
- And, obviously, lettuce for making the wraps
What Type of Tofu Should I Use?
Use firm or extra firm tofu. It’s not necessary to press any of the moisture out of the tofu. Open up and proceed with the recipe.
And tofu scramble is super easy to prepare! I love to use my food processor. Place cubes of tofu into the food processor and process until you’ve reached your desired texture. Then? Just go ahead with the recipe. Easy, right?
Wait, no food processor?
If you don’t have a food processor, no worries. You can also place the cubed tofu in a bowl (or directly in the pan) and break up with a potato masher or wooden spoon.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
More Recipe Tips for Tofu Wraps
I just barely cook the bell peppers when I’m frying the mixture out. love to have a little texture on them. Use whatever colour you have on hand.
These vegan lettuce wraps have loads of flavour, but garnish is highly recommended (because I loves me some garnish). I particularly love pickled red onions and salsa. Avocado is delicious too!
If you like more (or less) spice, simply adjust the chili to taste.
Other Ways to Enjoy Scrambled Tofu
Aside from enjoying these tofu wraps as they are, these are delicious options for the scrambled tofu:
- Enjoy with flour or corn tortillas
- Serve over nachos instead of meat
- Enjoy with rice, quinoa or couscous for a light lunch (another personal fave of mine!)
- Have for breakfast with an egg
More Veggie Recipes
Hope you enjoy these easy tofu wraps as much as we do!
If you make these vegan lettuce wraps, be sure to leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed!
Lettuce Tofu Wraps
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 7 ounces firm tofu , cut into cubes (about 200 grams)
- 1 to 2 red Thai chili peppers , minced (depending on how spicy you like things (or ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper powder))
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1.5 cups canned unsalted (or no salt added) black beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 ear corn , kernels removed
- 1 bell pepper , diced
- 1 lime , juiced
- 1 head Boston Lettuce , leaves removed
Garnish and Serving Ideas (optional)
- Sliced avocado
- Sliced hot pepper
- Picked red onion
- Lime wedges
- Place cubes of tofu in a food processor and process until you've reached your desired consistency. I don't like to process too much, just so I have a little texture in the tofu.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan (about a 10-inch pan) over medium heat.
- Add tofu, chili peppers, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and cook 2 to 3 minutes or so.
- Add black beans, corn and bell pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off heat. Stir in lime juice. Serve on lettuce leaves and garnish as desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition (ESTIMATE ONLY)
Nutrition estimate (if provided) is based on 1 serving.
Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are guidelines only.