With some simple ingredients, like melty provolone cheese, crispy bacon, juicy chicken, ranch dressing and crispy pickle, these chicken bacon ranch sliders are easy to prepare and are always a hit for supper, game day or casual weekend eats. Be prepared, these homemade chicken sliders disappear fast!
Chicken, bacon, and ranch. Is there any more of a classic combination? Those delicious flavours are packed into cute little slider buns for one awesome homemade slider recipe. And, for good measure, there’s tangy mustard, melty provolone cheese and thinly sliced pickle. Talk about yummy!
I don’t know what it is, but I just adore sliders. It’s probably because they’re basically a little mini sandwich. Now, having said that, that doesn’t mean I’m gonna stop at eating just one. Oh, no no. Dawn’s gonna eat at least three. Don’t judge. Girl likes to eat.
And, as an added bonus, chicken bacon ranch sliders are such a great way to use leftover chicken from another meal.
These mini chicken sandwiches are so good you seriously might want to make a double batch, especially if you’re feeding a crowd (or if I’m around). Ha!
How To Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders
Here’s an overview of how to make chicken bacon ranch sliders (refer to the recipe card below for full ingredients and instructions):
- Cut the slider buns in half horizontally so you have a bottom half and top half (my buns came in two lots of six). Spread the ranch dressing over the cut side of the bottom buns, sprinkle with dried dill, then place into a baking dish. Set the top buns aside for a minute or two while you start assembling the sliders.
- Layer the shredded, cooked chicken onto the buns, along with sliced pickle and lots of crispy bacon.
- Top with provolone cheese slices.
- Spread the Dijon mustard over the cut side of the top buns, place over top to form the sliders, then brush with melted butter.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake, then carefully remove the aluminum foil and bake for a tad longer.
- Once the sliders are heated through and the cheese is nice and melty, cut into individual sliders.
I used slider buns for this recipe (brioche slider buns, actually). They’re tender, soft, delicious and have a touch of sweetness, which I love. Honestly, I can’t recall getting slider buns at any grocery store growing up. Nowadays they’re pretty readily available.
If you can’t find slider buns, though, no worries! Use a similarly-sized pack of dinner rolls (you can often find them attached like you would slider buns) or Hawaiian rolls.
Tip: If you want to add a little extra flavour and texture to your chicken sliders, feel free to sprinkle over some sesame seeds and/or poppy seeds after you’ve brushed the slider buns with melted butter.
Do I Have to Bake Them?
Not at all! If you don’t want to bake these chicken sliders in the oven, no worries. Feeling more of a cold chicken sandwich vibe? You can assemble the sliders and dig right in (no need to brush the buns with melted butter).
How Many Sliders Are Needed Per Person?
If you are serving these chicken sliders an an appetizer or with other game day eats, one or two sliders is usually sufficient per person.
However, if you’re having the sliders as a main course (along with a side), then typically allow for two to three sliders per person (unless you have a big appetite).
What To Serve With Them
There are so many delicious sides to serve with sliders! Some of my favourites are:
- Potato chips (especially salt and vinegar)
- French fries
- Green salad or some coleslaw
- Mac and cheese
- Potato salad
- Pasta salad
- Baked beans
More Yummy Slider Recipes
If you make these chicken bacon ranch sliders, be sure to leave a comment below!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders
- 8 slices bacon, about 275 grams
- 12 brioche slider buns, or your favourite variety
- ⅓ cup ranch dressing
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill weed, optional
- 1 pound cooked chicken, shredded (about 2 to 3 chicken breasts, depending on their size)
- 1 large kosher pickle, sliced into rounds and patted dry
- 8 slices provolone or cheddar cheese, about 180 grams (or you could use about 1.5 cups of shredded cheese)
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard, or use ranch dressing instead for more ranch flavour
- 1.5 tablespoons melted butter
- To cook bacon, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place bacon onto a parchment paper-lined sheet pan in a single layer and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until crispy. Drain the bacon on paper towels to remove excess grease.
- Cut the slider buns in half horizontally so you have a bottom half and top half (be sure to leave individual buns in tact).
- Spread ranch dressing over the cut side of the bottom buns, sprinkle with dill weed, then place (cut side up) in a 9-inch-13-inch baking dish. Distribute the cooked chicken evenly over the sliders, then add sliced pickle (one slice per slider), crispy bacon and cheese slices (it's okay if the cheese slices overlap a bit). Spread the mustard over the cut side of the top buns and place over top of the cheese (with the mustard on the inside) to form your sliders. Brush the tops of the sliders with melted butter. Cover with aluminum foil.Tip: For even more ranch flavour, replace the Dijon mustard with ranch dressing. Also, you can drizzle some ranch dressing (to taste) over the chicken before adding the rest of your slider ingredients
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degree Fahrenheit. Bake the sliders for 20 minutes. Then carefully remove the aluminum foil and continue to bake the sliders for another 5 minutes or until they're heated through and the cheese has melted.
- Cut into individual sliders and serve. Enjoy!
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.
Tried this recipe?
If you do make this recipe, thank you!! It would mean so much if you could leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed it, and it helps other readers too!