This gluten free Greek Pasta Salad is loaded with fresh flavours from crunchy veggies, including bell pepper and cucumber. It’s then tossed in a creamy Greek yogurt based dressing; there’s oregano, dill, garlic and a bunch of fresh lemon juice. This one is a delicious make-ahead salad that is perfect for those upcoming summer bbqs!
Hey you guys! What’s up? How was your weekend? I guess my American friends are still enjoying their 3 day weekend! That extra day, right? So good! We were grilling up a storm this past weekend. Nothing like it and even if the weather is sub par, it still tastes awesome (maybe more so). So one thing we ate lots of was this greek pasta salad.
Gluten Free Pasta Salad
I’ve always loved pasta salad. Well, I’ve always loved pasta or, er, carbs. I remember years ago when hubby and I were only teenagers, going to university, we would often visit the food court at the mall for a little nosh. There was this pizza place where we would love to grab a slice and a big serving of pasta salad. Boy, did I love that spot.
The restaurant is still there at the mall and I remember a while back we decided to have it again (ya know, for nostalgia purposes and all). Perhaps my tastes have matured or something, but it wasn’t how I remembered it. That ever happen to you guys? Try something that you remember enjoying in the past only to find out it wasn’t the same to you?
These days I would much rather make something fresh at home anyway, ya know? I can make it how I like it and, most importantly, I know what’s in there. Isn’t it just awful when you order a salad out and it’s all wet and way to much vinaigrette or dressing? First world problems, I know.
For this Greek pasta salad I used gluten free rotini pasta and the results were delicious! Did you know that May is Celiac Awareness Month? People who suffer from Celiac Disease can’t eat foods containing gluten. A lot of companies these days are expanding their product line to contain varieties for people who must eat a gluten free diet. While I don’t have to eat gluten free, I do regularly prepare gluten free meals.
What I love about this Greek pasta salad is that it is so quick to make. Like, 10 minutes! While the pasta is having a little bath in some salted water, prepare the rest of the ingredients and make your dressing. Then combine it all. Easy, right?
Yogurt Based Dressing
Ok, that dressing, you guys. You know how lots of pasta or potato salad have a really calorie laden sauce? Awesome right? I know. However, with the upcoming summer (i.e. bathing suit season) approaching waaaaay faster than I would like it to, this one is a little lighter in the calorie department because it’s made primarily with Greek yogurt. It has a little punch of flavour to really brighten things up with a bunch of fresh lemon juice and some garlic. Oh so good! This is a pasta salad you won’t mind having an extra serving of.
I hope that this one make an appearance on your picnic table this summer season. You’re going to love it!
Until next time, take care and chit chat again soon.
P.S. If you missed my last post, you can check it out here.
P.P.S. If you think this Greek Pasta Salad will make your belly happy too, please be sure to hit that little Pin button. Many thanks, you guys. XO
Gluten Free Greek Pasta Salad
Greek Pasta Salad
- 340 g gluten free rotini pasta
- 1/2 orange bell pepper -chopped, about 1 cup
- 1/2 green bell pepper -chopped, about 1 cup
- 2 baby cucumbers -sliced & slices halved (about 1.5 cup). See below.
- 1 cup grape tomatoes -halved
- 1/4 cup red onion -thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup black olives -pitted and sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese -crumbled, plus more for garnish
Creamy Oregano Dressing
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup lemon juice -about 2-3 lemons, juiced
- 1/3 cup olive oil -I used 'light tasting' version
- 1 tsp oregano (dried)
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 2 cloves garlic -finely minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 chili flakes -optional
Greek Pasta Salad
- Cook rotini pasta per package instructions, about 8 minutes to al dente. Drain and rinse with cool water. Combine with remainder of ingredients. Add Creamy Dressing (add slowly to your taste - I like to use the full amount) and stir to combine. Garnish with additional feta cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.