Thick, fruity and super tasty, this frozen strawberry lemonade recipe has only 4 ingredients and made in minutes. This slushy drink makes for a wonderful thirst quencher, especially on a hot summer day!
Bringing you a deliciously thick and fruity summer drink – frozen strawberry lemonade!
This one uses real lemon juice, is a little tart and a little sweet.
Once you make it, it’ll be in rotation all summer long!
Like frozen strawberry drinks? You may enjoy this frozen strawberry mango margarita!
Why this Frozen Strawberry Lemonade is Great!
- Made with only 4 simple ingredients
- Comes together in minutes
- The sweetness can be customized to taste
- The recipe can easily be doubled for a crowd
- It uses frozen strawberries, which are always readily available
- It’s dairy free, vegan and gluten free
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
How To Sweeten Lemonade
This frozen strawberry lemonade is made with a simple syrup.
Basically, simple syrup is equal parts white sugar to water. You combine in a saucepan, warm through until the sugar has dissolved and allow to cool. That’s it!
By using a simple syrup, the sweetness easily blends through the lemonade (versus just tossing in some sugar as is).
Half a cup of simple syrup was used here, but you can use more (or less), depending on your sweetness preference.
If you are gong to use a different quantity of simple syrup than the recipe uses, simply adjust the amount of cold water used accordingly. So, if you use 1/4 cup more simple syrup, use 1/4 cup less of cold water.
If you’d rather not use refined sugar, you can opt for honey or maple syrup and just add a little more cold water to loosen things. Just keep in mind that honey, especially, will impart a flavour to your lemonade.
Can I Add Alcohol?
If you want to make a lemonade cocktail, go right for it. Just keep in mind that the more liquid you add, the thinner your slushy lemonade will be.
To avoid this, you can reduce the amount of cold water you add.
A bourbon lemonade would be lovely. Other options are tequila, whiskey or vodka. Vodka will impart less flavour than the other liquors.
More Recipe Tips
Use frozen sliced strawberries here. They add to the ‘frozen’ factor of the drink and is what makes things thick and slushy. Taste of Home explains the best way to freeze strawberries.
If you enjoy things less tart, use less lemon juice and more cold water.
Like things less sweet? Reduce the simple syrup and replace with some cold water.
Hope you love this frozen strawberry lemonade recipe as much as we do!
Until next time, take care and chit chat again soon,
Make this frozen lemonade recipe? That’s awesome! Love it if you left a comment and rating below. Many thanks!
Frozen Strawberry Lemonade (4 ingredients!)
- 1 pound frozen sliced strawberries (or 16 ounces or about 4 cups)
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup simple syrup (see 'Recipe Notes' below.)
- 1/2 cup cold water (or more if you want things looser.)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, cover and blend until smooth and combined. If you want a thiner consistency, add more water (a tiny bit at a time). Enjoy!
- Simple syrup is equal parts white sugar to water. You combine in a saucepan, warm through until the sugar has dissolved and allow to cool. I combined 1/2 cup of cold water and 1/2 cup of white sugar on medium heat, stirred until dissolved and allowed to cool. You’ll end up with a little more than the 1/2 cup needed for this recipe, but you can use any leftovers in a another drink.
- Use frozen sliced strawberries here. They add to the ‘frozen’ factor of the drink and is what makes things thick and slushy.
- If you enjoy things less tart, use less lemon juice and more cold water.
- Like things less sweet? Reduce the simple syrup and replace with some cold water.