Thick, fruity and super tasty, this frozen strawberry lemonade recipe has only 4 ingredients and made in minutes. This slushy drink makes for a wonderful thirst quencher, especially on a hot summer day!
Bringing you a deliciously thick and fruity summer drink: frozen strawberry lemonade!
This one uses real lemon juice, is a little tart and a little sweet.
Once you make it, it’ll be in rotation all summer long!
Like frozen strawberry drinks? You may enjoy this frozen strawberry mango margarita!
Why We Love This Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
- This frozen strawberry lemonade recipe is made with only 4 simple ingredients.
- It comes together in minutes.
- The sweetness can be customized to taste.
- The recipe can easily be doubled for a crowd.
- It uses frozen strawberries, which are always readily available.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
How To Sweeten Lemonade
This frozen strawberry lemonade is made with a simple syrup.
Basically, simple syrup is equal parts white sugar to water. You combine in a saucepan, warm through until the sugar has dissolved and allow to cool. That’s it!
By using simple syrup, the sweetness easily blends through the lemonade (versus just tossing in some sugar as is).
Half a cup of simple syrup was used here, but you can use more (or less), depending on your sweetness preference.
If you’d rather not use refined sugar, you can opt for honey or maple syrup and just add a little more cold water to loosen things. Just keep in mind that honey, especially, will impart a flavour to your lemonade.
Can I Add Alcohol?
If you want to make a lemonade cocktail, go right for it. Just keep in mind that the more liquid you add, the thinner your slushy lemonade will be.
To avoid this, you can reduce the amount of cold water you add.
A bourbon lemonade would be lovely. Other options are tequila, whiskey or vodka. Vodka will impart less flavour than the other liquors.
More Recipe Tips
Use frozen sliced strawberries here. They add to the ‘frozen’ factor of the drink and is what makes things thick and slushy. This is the best way to freeze strawberries.
If you enjoy things less tart, use less lemon juice and more cold water.
Like things less sweet? Reduce the simple syrup and replace with some cold water.
Hope you love this frozen strawberry lemonade recipe as much as we do!
If you make this frozen lemonade recipe, be sure to leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed it!
Frozen Strawberry Lemonade (4 ingredients!)
- 1 pound frozen sliced strawberries (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup simple syrup (or to taste. See 'Notes' below.)
- ½ cup cold water (or more if you want things looser or thinner.)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, cover and blend until smooth and combined. If you want a thiner consistency, add more water (a tiny bit at a time). Pour into glasses. Enjoy!
- Simple syrup is equal parts white sugar to water. Heat ½ cup of water in a small saucepan on medium-low heat (don’t boil), stir in ½ cup of white sugar and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool. You’ll likely end up with a little more than what’s needed for this recipe, but you can properly store cooled leftovers in a covered glass storage jar in the fridge and use within a few days or so.
- Use frozen sliced strawberries here. They add to the ‘frozen’ factor of the drink and is what makes things thick and slushy.
- If you enjoy things less tart, use less lemon juice and more cold water.
- Like things less sweet? Reduce the simple syrup and replace with some cold water.
- As always, drink responsibly!
Nutrition (ESTIMATE ONLY)
Nutrition estimate (if provided) is based on 1 Serving.
Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are guidelines only.