This scrambled egg wrap is loaded with perfectly cooked scrambled eggs, roasted sweet potato, black beans, creamy avocado and salsa. Vegetarian breakfast wraps make for such a delicious start to your day and can even be enjoyed for lunch!
As soon as I finish one meal, I’m thinking about the next.
I even lay in bed at night thinking about what I’m gonna have in the morning.
Kinda food obsessed, I guess…you too?
I’ve never been one to skip breakfast (it’s one of my favourite meals).
These scrambled egg wraps come together quickly and fills me up without weighing me down. Plus, they pair perfectly with coffee 😉
Fan of scrambled egg recipes? Try this scrambled egg breakfast sandwich!
How to Assemble this Scrambled Egg Wrap
Full details on how to make this vegetarian breakfast wrap are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics:
- Place your scrambled egg on the bottom half of a flour tortilla.
- Top with roasted sweet potato.
- Next goes black beans.
- Pile on the sliced avocado.
- Drizzle over some of your favourite salsa.
- Roll the wrap up and enjoy!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
Can I Add a Protein?
To keep these breakfast wraps vegetarian, try tofu scramble or your fave veggie bacon or veggie sausage.
Alternately, for a non-vegetarian wrap, crispy bacon, crumbled cooked sausage or ham would work great.
More Recipe Tips
Crumbled feta cheese makes a lovely addition to these wraps.
Chives were added to the scrambled eggs. Green onion works great too or simply omit.
Want to save time in the morning? You can roast your sweet potato the day before, store in a covered container in the fridge and just warm up before assembling the wrap.
You can either add sliced avocado or mash it up…it’s up to you!
This recipe yields 4 wraps. If your wraps are a different size than the ones used here the quantity you yield may vary.
More Breakfast Recipes You May Enjoy
- Scrambled Egg Quesadillas – Made in about 15 minutes, these are crispy on the outside and loaded with goodness inside! Such a great twist on quesadillas.
- Pizza Omelette – The flavours of pizza meet an omelette for one cheesy breakfast.
- Bagel Breakfast Sandwich – Two delicious versions of a vegetarian bagel sandwich…both easy and hearty.
Hope you love this easy scrambled egg wrap as much as we do!
Until next time, take are and chit chat again soon,
Make this vegetarian breakfast wrap? That’s awesome! Love it if you left a comment below. Many thanks!
Scrambled Egg Wrap (vegetarian)
Roasted Sweet Potato
- 1 sweet potato , peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1.5 tablespoons fresh chives , minced
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
Other Breakfast Wrap Components
- 1 avocado , peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup unsalted black beans , rinsed and drained
- 5 tablespoons salsa
- 4 flour tortillas (each about 9 to 10 inches in diametre)
Suggested Serving Ideas
- sour cream
- hot sauce
Roasted Sweet Potato
- Combine cubed sweet potato with olive oil, smoked paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Toss to coat the sweet potato. Spread out onto a sheet pan and roast in a 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 20 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Crack eggs in a bowl and whisk with chives, salt and pepper using a fork.
- In a 10 inch non-stick pan on medium heat, add butter. Once melted, pour in eggs.
- Allow to cook for 30 seconds or so before dragging a spatula through the eggs to form ribbons. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes until cooked through and remove from pan so they don't overcook.
Breakfast Wrap Assembly
- Distribute scrambled eggs on bottom half of wrap. Top with cooked sweet potato, black beans, avocado and salsa. Roll into a wrap and enjoy!
- Crumbled feta cheese makes a lovely addition to these wraps.
- Chives were added to the scrambled eggs. Green onion works great too or simply omit.
- Want to save time in the morning? You can roast your sweet potato the day before, store in a covered container in the fridge and just warm up before assembling the wrap.
- You can either add sliced avocado or mash it up…it’s up to you!
- This recipe yields 4 wraps. If your wraps are a different size than the ones used here the quantity you yield may vary.