This scrambled egg wrap is loaded with perfectly cooked scrambled eggs, roasted sweet potato, black beans, creamy avocado and salsa. Vegetarian breakfast wraps make for such a delicious start to your day and can even be enjoyed for lunch!
As soon as I finish one meal, I’m thinking about the next.
I even lay in bed at night thinking about what I’m gonna have in the morning.
Kinda obsessed with food, I guess. You too?
I’ve never been one to skip breakfast (it’s one of my favourite meals).
These scrambled egg wraps come together quickly and fills me up without weighing me down. Plus, they pair perfectly with coffee!
Fan of scrambled egg recipes? Try this scrambled egg breakfast sandwich!
How to Assemble this Scrambled Egg Wrap
Full details on how to make this vegetarian breakfast wrap are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics:
- Place your scrambled egg on the bottom half of a flour tortilla.
- Top with roasted sweet potato.
- Next goes black beans.
- Pile on the sliced avocado.
- Drizzle over some of your favourite salsa.
- Fold the wrap up and enjoy!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
Can I Add a Protein?
To keep these breakfast wraps vegetarian, try tofu scramble or your fave veggie bacon or veggie sausage.
Alternately, for a non-vegetarian wrap, crispy bacon, crumbled cooked sausage or ham would work great.
More Recipe Tips & Variations
Cheese makes a lovely addition to these wraps.
Chives were added to the scrambled eggs. Green onion is another delicious option.
You can either add sliced avocado or mash it up; it’s up to you!
This recipe yields 4 wraps. If your wraps are a different size than the ones used here the quantity you yield may vary.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
Hope you love this easy scrambled egg wrap as much as we do!
If you make vegetarian breakfast wrap, please leave a comment below. Love to hear how you enjoyed it!
Scrambled Egg Wrap (vegetarian)
Roasted Sweet Potato
- 1 sweet potato , peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1.5 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
Other Breakfast Wrap Components
- 1 avocado , halved, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup unsalted ('no salt added') black beans , rinsed and drained
- 5 tablespoons salsa
- 4 flour tortillas (each about 9 to 10 inches in diameter)
Optional Serving Ideas
- Sour cream
- Hot sauce
Roasted Sweet Potato
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine cubed sweet potato with olive oil, smoked paprika, salt and black pepper in a medium bowl. Toss to coat the sweet potato. Spread out onto a sheet pan and roast for about 20 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Crack eggs in a bowl and whisk with chives, salt and pepper using a fork.
- Add butter to a 10-inch non-stick frying pan and place over medium heat. Once melted, pour in eggs.
- Allow to cook for 30 seconds or so before dragging a spatula through the eggs to form ribbons. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes until cooked through. Transfer the eggs to a plate (so they don't overcook) and set aside.
Breakfast Wrap Assembly
- Distribute scrambled eggs on the bottom half of the tortillas. Top with cooked sweet potato, black beans, avocado and salsa. Fold into a wrap. Great served with salsa, sour cream and/or hot sauce. Enjoy!
- Cheese makes a lovely addition to these wraps.
- Chives were added to the scrambled eggs. Green onion is another delicious option.
- You can either add sliced avocado or mash it up; it’s up to you!
- This recipe yields 4 wraps. If your wraps are a different size than the ones used here the quantity you yield may vary.
Nutrition (ESTIMATE ONLY)
Nutrition estimate (if provided) is based on 1 Serving.
Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are guidelines only.