Take a fun twist on an omelette recipe by making this cheesy pizza omelette! There’s diced green pepper, pizza sauce and plenty of melty mozzarella cheese! This easy omelette recipe is so good for a quick breakfast or even for lunch with a simple side salad.
Hearty breakfasts are one of my favourite things, especially on Saturday mornings when I have plenty of time to sit back with multiple cups of coffee in my pyjamas.
Growing up, pizza omelette is something my dad would make for my brother and me on Saturday or Sunday for breakfast.
Guess it was his sneaky little way of getting us to eat something hearty.
I mean, throw the word “pizza” at anything and right away it makes it more appealing, am I right?
I do enjoy pizza and pizza flavoured foods. Remember way back when I shared a pizza grilled cheese sandwich? Talk about good!
This omelette is made simply, with eggs (of course) and a little green pepper, pizza sauce and cheese.
And if you want to make things ultra substantial, especially on a lazy ease-into-the-morning brunch, serve with some skillet potatoes!
Why We Love This Pizza Omelette
- It’s a fun twist on an omelette (and pizza).
- Its made in about 15 minutes.
- The recipe serves one, but you can easily make more (while keeping your omelettes warm in the oven).
- These pizza omelettes are totally customizable with toppings.
- Of course, it tastes super yummy!
How To Make This Omelette
Full details on how to make this pizza omelette are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics:
- In a non-stick frying pan, cook some green pepper in a little olive oil to soften, then remove from the pan.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with a little milk, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in the pan.
- Once butter is melted, pour in the whisked egg mixture.
- Gently swirl the eggs around the pan and as they set, loosen the edges with a spatula.
- Once the eggs are almost cooked (but not quite), add shredded mozzarella to one half of the egg mixture.
- Then pour over pizza sauce, dried basil and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Top with cooked green pepper.
- Fold over the omelette and cook another little bit until the egg is cooked through and cheese is melted. Enjoy!
What’s the Best Pan for an Omelette?
A small non-stick frying pan works best here.
Use a small pan, about 6 inches in diameter. You want a pan that’s not too large (so the eggs spread out too much).
Tips and Variations
- This is an omelette for one. However, you can easily make more. Just keep your omelettes warm in a 200 degree Fahrenheit oven while you are preparing the others.
- Store-bought pizza sauce was used for this omelette, but you can make your own, should you wish. Just keep in mind that the store-bought stuff may be a little thicker.
- Use whatever bell pepper colour you like.
- If you like, you can totally throw in some crispy salami or pepperoni into the omelette filling!
More Easy Egg Recipes
If you make this pizza omelette recipe, be sure to leave a comment below!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons diced green pepper (small dice)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1.5 tablespoons milk
- pinch salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 1.5 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 4 to 6 tablespoons or ¼ cup)
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce
- pinch dried basil
- pinch teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Chopped or torn fresh basil leaves, garnish to taste (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan (about 6-inches in diameter) over medium-low heat.
- Add bell pepper and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside for use shortly.
- Whisk eggs with milk, salt and black pepper in a bowl.
- Add butter to pan and, once melted, pour in egg mixture.
- As the egg starts to set around eggs, gently use a silicone spatula to release and swirl uncooked egg around so it flows underneath.
- Once the egg is almost cooked, sprinkle cheese over one half of the egg Top cheese with pizza sauce, dried basil, crushed red pepper flakes and sautéed bell pepper.
- Fold over the egg so it's a half-moon shape and cook for just another minute or so or until the egg is cooked and cheese has melted.
- Carefully slide the omelette out of the pan and onto a plate, then garnish with basil (if using). Serve and enjoy. It's great with toast!
- This is an omelette for one. However, you can easily make more. Just keep your omelettes warm in a 200 Fahrenheit oven while you are preparing the others.
- Store-bought pizza sauce was used for this omelette, but you can make your own, should you wish.
- Use whatever bell pepper colour you like!
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.
Tried this recipe?
If you do make this recipe, thank you!! It would mean so much if you could leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed it, and it helps other readers too!