Take a fun twist on an omelette recipe by making this cheesy pizza omelette! There’s diced green pepper, pizza sauce and plenty of melty mozzarella cheese! This vegetarian omelette is so good for an easy breakfast or even for lunch with a simple side salad.
Hearty breakfasts are one of my favourite things, especially on Saturday mornings when I have plenty of time to sit back with multiple cups of coffee in my pyjamas.
Growing up, pizza omelette is something my dad would make for my brother and me on Saturday or Sunday for breakfast.
Guess it was his sneaky little way of getting us to eat something hearty.
I mean, throw the word ‘pizza’ at anything and right away it makes it more appealing, am I right?
I do enjoy ‘pizza-fying’ things (is that even a thing, LOL??). Remember way back when I shared a pizza grilled cheese sandwich? Talk about good!
This omelette is made simply, with eggs (of course) and a little green pepper, pizza sauce and cheese.
And if you want to make things ultra substantial, especially on a lazy ease-into-the-morning brunch, serve with some herby skillet potatoes!
Why This Pizza Omelette is Great!
- It’s a fun twist on an omelette (and pizza)
- Made in about 15 minutes
- Serves one, but you can easily make more (while keeping your omelettes warm in the oven)
- Totally customizable with your favourite toppings
- Of course, it tastes super yummy!
How to Make This Omelette
Full details on how to make this pizza omelette are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics:
- In a non-stick pan, cook some green pepper in a little olive oil to soften and then remove from the pan.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with a little milk, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in the skillet.
- Once butter is melted, pour in the whisked egg mixture.
- Gently swirl eggs around the pan and as they set, loosen the edges with a spatula.
- Once eggs are almost cooked (but not quite), add shredded mozzarella to one half of the egg mixture.
- Then, pour over pizza sauce, dried basil and chili flakes.
- Top with cooked green pepper.
- Fold over the omelette and cook another little bit until the egg is cooked through and cheese is melted. Enjoy!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
What’s the Best Pan for an Omelette?
A small non-stick pan works best here.
Opt for a small pan, about 6 inches in diameter. You want a pan that’s not too large (so the eggs spread out too much).
More Tips & Variations
If you don’t need this to be a vegetarian omelette, you can totally throw in some crispy salami or pepperoni into the mix if you prefer!
This is an omelette for one. However, you can easily make more. Just keep your omelettes warm in a 200 degree Fahrenheit oven while you are preparing the others.
Use whatever bell pepper colour you like!
Store-bought pizza sauce was used for this omelette, but you can make your own, should you wish, like this pizza sauce recipe. Just keep in mind that the store-bought stuff may be a little thicker.
More Easy Egg Recipes
Hope you love this pizza omelette recipe as much as we do!
Did you make this omelette recipe? That’s awesome! Love it if you leave a comment below. Many thanks!
Pizza Omelette (vegetarian omelette recipe)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons green pepper , diced small
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1.5 tablespoons milk
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 to 1.5 ounces mozzarella cheese , shredded (about 4 to 6 tablespoons or ¼ cup)
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce (plus more for garnish (garnish optional))
- pinch dried basil
- pinch teaspoon red chili flakes
- Fresh basil (garnish, optional)
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan (about 6-inches in diameter) over medium-low heat.
- Add bell pepper and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Whisk eggs with milk, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add butter to pan and, once melted, pour in egg mixture.
- As the egg starts to set around eggs, gently use a silicone spatula to release and swirl uncooked egg around so it flows underneath. Cook on low-ish setting.
- Once egg is almost cooked, sprinkle cheese over one half of egg, along with pizza sauce, dried basil and chili flakes. Fold egg over to have a half moon shape and cook for just another minute or so or until egg is cooked and cheese has melted.
- Carefully slide out of pan, garnish with basil (if using) and enjoy!
- This is an omelette for one. However, you can easily make more. Just keep your omelettes warm in a 200 Fahrenheit oven while you are preparing the others.
- Use whatever bell pepper colour you like!
- Store-bought pizza sauce was used for this omelette, but you can make your own, should you wish.
Nutrition (ESTIMATE ONLY)
Nutrition estimate (if provided) is based on 1 serving.
Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are guidelines only.