Take a fun twist on an omelette recipe by making this cheesy pizza omelette! There’s diced green pepper, pizza sauce and plenty of melty mozzarella cheese! This vegetarian omelette is so good for an easy breakfast or even for lunch with a simple side salad.
Hearty breakfasts are one of my favourite things, especially on Saturday mornings when I have plenty of time to sit back with multiple cups of coffee in my pjs.
Growing up, pizza omelette is something my dad would make for my brother and I on Saturday or Sunday for breakfast.
Guess it was his sneaky little way of getting us to eat something hearty.
I mean, throw the word ‘pizza’ at anything and right away it makes it more appealing, am I right???
I do enjoy ‘pizza-fying’ things (is that even a thing, lol??). Remember way back when I shared a pizza grilled cheese sandwich? Talk about good!
This omelette is made simply…with eggs (of course) and a little green pepper, pizza sauce and cheese.
And if you want to make things ultra substantial, especially on a lazy ease-into-the-morning brunch, serve with some herby skillet potatoes!
Why This Pizza Omelette is Great!
- It’s a fun twist on an omelette (and pizza)
- Made in about 15 minutes
- Serves one, but you can easily make more (while keeping your omelettes warm in the oven)
- Gluten free
- Totally customizable with your favourite toppings
- Of course, it tastes super yummy!
How to Make This Omelette
Full details on how to make this pizza omelette are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics –
- Cook some green pepper in a little olive oil to soften and remove from the pan.
- Beat eggs with a little milk, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a small non-stick skillet.
- Once butter is melted, pour in whisked egg mixture.
- Gently swirl eggs around pan and as they set, loosen the edges with a spatula.
- Once eggs are almost cooked (but not quite), add shredded mozzarella to one half of egg mixture.
- Then pour over pizza sauce, dried basil and chili flakes.
- Top with cooked green pepper.
- Fold over omelette and cook another little bit until egg is cooked through and cheese is melted. Enjoy!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
What’s the Best Pan for an Omelette?
A small non-stick pan works best here.
Opt for a small pan, about 6 inches in diametre. You want a pan that’s not too large (so the eggs spread out too much).
More Tips & Variations
If you don’t need this to be a vegetarian omelette, you can totally throw in some crispy salami or pepperoni into the mix if you prefer!
This is an omelette for one. However, you can easily make more. Just keep your omelettes warm in a 200 degrees Fahrenheit oven while you are preparing the others.
Use whatever bell pepper colour you like!
Store-bought pizza sauce was used for this omelette, but you can make your own, should you wish, like this pizza sauce recipe. Just keep in mind that the store-bought stuff may be a little thicker.
Other Easy Egg Recipes You May Enjoy
- Breakfast Quesadillas – Plenty of scrambled eggs, beans and cheese make these vegetarian quesadillas a delicious and quick breakfast any day of the week.
- Breakfast Strata with Sausage and Cranberries – This breakfast casserole feeds a crowd and can be prepped the day before. Super comforting and so tasty!
Hope you love this pizza omelette recipe as much as we do!
Until next time, take care and chit chat again soon,
Make this omelette recipe? That’s awesome! Love it if you left a comment and rating below. Many thanks!
Pizza Omelette (vegetarian omelette recipe)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons green pepper , diced small
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1.5 tablespoons milk
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 to 1.5 ounces mozzarella cheese , shredded (about 4 to 6 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce (plus more for garnish (garnish optional))
- pinch dried basil
- pinch teaspoon red chili flakes
- fresh basil (garnish, optional)
- In a nonstick pan on medium low heat, add olive oil.
- Add bell pepper and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Whisk eggs with milk, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add butter to pan and once melted, pour in egg mixture.
- As the egg starts to set around eggs, gently use a spatula to release and swirl uncooked egg around so it flows underneath. Cook on low-ish setting.
- Once egg is almost cooked, sprinkle cheese over one half of egg, along with pizza sauce, dried basil and chili flakes. Fold egg over to have a half moon shape and cook for just another minute or so or until egg is cooked and cheese has melted.
- Carefully slide out of pan, garnish with basil (if using) and enjoy!
- If you don’t need this to be a vegetarian omelette, you can totally throw in some crispy salami or pepperoni into the mix if you prefer!
- This is an omelette for one. However, you can easily make more. Just keep your omelettes warm in a 200 F oven while you are preparing the others.
- Use whatever bell pepper colour you like!
- Store-bought pizza sauce was used for this omelette, but you can make your own, should you wish.