These buffalo chicken dip mini stuffed peppers combine all the flavours of your favourite buffalo chicken dip with sweet peppers for one deliciously fun appetizer!
You know that super popular buffalo chicken dip that everyone loves?
Well, I used a slight variation of my buffalo chicken dip recipe to make mini stuffed peppers!
The prep time for these stuffed peppers takes minutes and they’re totally not fussy at all, which is always a good thing (if you ask me).
The recipe yields quite a bit, so they are perfect for game day eats when you have lots of friends over.
What are Mini Peppers?
Mini sweet peppers are basically a smaller, slightly sweeter, variation of their large sweet bell pepper counterpart.
These are not ‘hot’ peppers. Though they may look kinda like hot peppers, they aren’t.
They’re typically a tad larger than jalapeño peppers, for example, and definitely not spicy.
Though, if you are so inclined to used jalapeño peppers here instead (because you love spicy stuff) go right for it!
How to Make Mini Stuffed Peppers
Full details are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics:
- Choose peppers that are roughly the same size, cut in half and remove the seeds and ribs.
- In a food processor add cream cheese, hot sauce, ranch dressing, lime juice, dill and pepper. Blend until creamy.
- Add shredded chicken, cheese and chopped green onion to the processor.
- Stir everything together with a spatula.
- Fill mini peppers with dip. You don’t have to be too neat or anything. Then, place in a baking dish so they kinda rest against each other and bake.
- Carefully remove peppers from the oven and top with more cheese.
- Place the peppers back into the oven again so the cheese gets nice and melty.
- Once done, and removed from the oven, garnish with more hot sauce and green onion. Let cool a bit before enjoying.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
More Recipe Tips
Depending on the size of your peppers, the quantity you yield may vary slightly. I used about 18 peppers for this recipe, yielding 36 pieces.
Run out of peppers and still have leftover dip? Use it for chips!
The hot sauce you use will affect how spicy these mini stuffed peppers are.
Make sure the cream cheese is softened so it will be easy to blend. Just grabbed it out of the fridge and don’t want to wait forever for it to soften? Place the cream cheese in a microwave-safe dish in the microwave and heat at 10 to 15 second intervals until softened OR cut into cubes and let rest on your countertop for a little while.
These stuffed peppers can be made a day in advance. Simply fill peppers with dip, refrigerate and bake when ready.
Speaking of chicken, ensure that it’s shredded or cut up small enough so that you don’t have huge chunks.
As mentioned, this recipe yields quite a bit. You could easily half the recipe if you want.
Don’t have green onion? Chopped chives would work great here too.
I used chicken here because of ‘buffalo chicken dip’, but if you want to keep these vegetarian, simply omit the chicken. Extra for Avocado has a delicious vegetarian buffalo dip.
Want buffalo chicken dip with blue cheese? Go for it! Though I didn’t use it here, it does make a tasty addition. Just stir in about ¼ (or however much you enjoy).
More Easy Game Day Appetizers
- Crispy Oven Baked Wings
- Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Vegan Sloppy Joes
- Chunky Black Bean and Corn Salsa
Hope you love these buffalo chicken mini stuffed peppers as much as we do!
If you try this mini stuffed peppers recipe, be sure to leave a comment below. Love to hear how you enjoyed!
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip Mini Stuffed Peppers
- 18 to 20 mini peppers , cut in half, seeds & ribs removed
- 8 ounces package light cream cheese , softened (about a 250 gram package)
- ⅓ cup hot sauce (your favourite, plus more for garnish if you like)
- ¼ cup light ranch dressing (your favourite)
- ½ lime , juiced
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup cooked chicken , shredded (boneless/skinless)
- ¼ cup chopped green onion (plus more for garnish if you like)
- 6 ounces shredded monterey Jack cheese , divided (about 1.5 cups. I used 'habanero' variety)
- Cut mini peppers in half and remove ribs and seeds. Lay to one side. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a food processor add cream cheese, hot sauce, ranch, lime juice, dill and black pepper. Blend until smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, green onion and ½ cup cheese. Incorporate using a spatula.
- Fill pepper halves with dip mixture. Place in baking dish (use two 8" x 8" dishes or one larger one so the peppers rest against each other). Bake for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove peppers from oven and top with remaining cheese. Turn oven to broil and cook 1 to 2 more minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Carefully remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes. Drizzle with additional hot sauce and green onion, if desired. Yields 36 to 40 pieces, roughly. Quantity will vary, depending on the size of your peppers. Enjoy!
- Depending on the size of your peppers, the quantity you yield may vary slightly. I used about 18 peppers for this recipe, yielding 36 pieces.
- Run out of peppers and still have leftover dip? Use it for chips!
- The hot sauce you use will affect how spicy these mini stuffed peppers are.
- Make sure the cream cheese is softened so it will be easy to blend.
- These stuffed peppers can be made in advance a day in advance. Simply fill peppers with dip, refrigerate and bake when ready.
- Speaking of chicken, ensure that it shredded or cut up small enough so that you don’t have huge chunks.
- As mentioned, this recipe yields quite a bit. You could easily half the recipe if you want.
Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.