This chunky black bean corn salsa is a game day favourite and comes together in about 10 minutes. It’s loaded with fresh ingredients, tons of flavour, and plenty of texture. Grab some tortilla chips and dig in!
It’s no secret that I don’t typically watch football, or any other sport for that matter (even hockey).
Shocking, I know, especially considering I am Canadian (and we practically come out of the womb watching hockey).
However, if you invite me to your home with the promises of food while watching a game, I’m in!
I’ll even bring a dish to the party! I’m not hard to please. Just feed me and I’m good!
Speaking of bringing a dish to the party, this black bean salsa! Guys, it comes together in minutes and it’s a great balance for all those indulgent game day eats you may be enjoying, like wings and nachos.
Tips for Making Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- Some people don’t like cilantro (as a matter of fact, I used to be one of them). Though it definitely won’t add the same flavour, parsley will add that pop of green colour if you’d rather use that.
- I used both jalapeno and Thai chili pepper in this black bean salsa. I love things spicy. If you aren’t a fan of spice, you can omit or add less.
- While not necessary, grill the corn to get a little colour.
- Don’t have fresh corn on hand? Frozen corn works great too (though you can’t grill and it won’t have that same pop of freshness but will work in a pinch). Just thaw and use in the recipe.
- I left the ingredients a little chunky. After all, it is a “chunky” black bean and corn salsa. However, you could cut some ingredients smaller if you prefer.
- Want this salsa to be a little less loose? Stir in about ¼ cup of your fave store-bought salsa. It’ll help bind the salsa.
How To Enjoy This Salsa
This black bean dip is so chunky, you could totally enjoy it as a salad or side dish.
More Easy Dip Recipes
If you try this black bean and corn salsa recipe, be sure to leave a comment below!
Chunky Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 1.5 cups canned no salt added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ear corn, kernels removed
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ red onion, peeled and roughly minced (about ⅓ cup)
- 1 jalapeno, roughly minced
- 1 red Thai chili pepper, roughly minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup roughly chopped cilantro (leaves only)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, from about 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a bowl, stirring until well combined. Serve with your favourite tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Nutrition (estimate only)
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.
Tried this recipe?
If you do make this recipe, thank you!! It would mean so much if you could leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed it, and it helps other readers too!