This clean eating Chunky Black Bean and Corn Salsa is a game day favourite and comes together in about 10 minutes. It’s loaded with fresh ingredients, tons of flavour, and plenty of texture. Grab your favourite tortilla chips and dig in!
Easy Black Bean and Corn Salsa
It’s no secret that I don’t typically watch football…or any other sport for that matter (even hockey). Shocking, I know, lol…especially considering I am Canadian (and we practically come out of the womb watching hockey). However, if you invite me to your home with the promises of food while watching a game, I’m in! I’ll even bring a dish to the party! I’m not hard to please. Just feed me and I’m good 😀
Speaking of bringing a dish to the party – this black bean salsa! Guys, it comes together in minutes and it’s a great balance for all those indulgent game day eats you may be enjoying, like wings and nachos.
Tips for Making this Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- If you can find ’em, use ‘no salt added’ black beans. If not, that’s a-ok. Whatever you use, rinse and drain the beans well.
- Some people don’t like cilantro (as a matter of fact, I used to be one of them). Though it definitely won’t add the same flavour, parsley will add that pop of green colour if you’d rather use that.
- I used both jalapeno and Thai chili in this black bean salsa. I love things spicy, but if you don’t just add less.
- While not necessary, grill the corn to get a little colour. Wondering how to cut corn off the cob? Check out this helpful guide (I like the two bowl method).
- Speaking of corn, fresh corn is used here. Don’t have that on hand? Frozen works great too (though you can’t grill and it won’t have that same pop of freshness, but will work in a pinch). Just thaw and use in recipe.
- I left the ingredients a little chunky. After all, it is a ‘chunky’ black bean and corn salsa. However, if you like you could cut some ingredients smaller.
- Want this salsa to be a little less ‘loose’? Stir in about 1/4 cup of your fave store-bought salsa.
- Don’t forget to remove the interior ‘guts’ or membrane from those roma tomatoes. Speaking of which, how do you prepare roma tomatoes for this recipe? It’s easy! Check it—>
Other Easy Dip Recipes you May Enjoy
Hope you love this black bean and corn salsa as much as I do!
Until next time, take care and chit chat again soon.
P.S. If you think this black bean and corn salsa will make your belly happy too, please be sure to hit that little Pin button. Many thanks, you guys! XO
Chunky Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 1.5 cups black beans -rinsed and drained
- 1 ear corn -kernels removed
- 3 roma tomatoes -inside membrane remove, diced
- 1/2 red onion -roughly minced, about 1/3 cup
- 1 jalapeno -roughly minced
- 1 red Thai chili peppper -roughly minced
- 1 clove garlic -minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro -roughly chopped
- 1 lime -juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stirring to combine. Enjoy with your favourite chips!