This Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip with Dill is pretty much a classic and for good reason! There’s all of the delicious flavours of buffalo wings in a dip form. Yummy for weekend eats, parties or game day!
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip with Leftover Chicken
I made this dip just this past weekend. Hubby, my brother, and sister-in-law went out for dinner and drinks at a local place (a little tradition we do this time of year). Later when we returned home, I broke out the dip and it was a hit! We had a little game of Catch Phrase and munched on this and had a little laugh. Don’t you just love getting together with friends and family over good food? Oh the memories!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip? It’s easy!
- Combine cream cheese, hot sauce, ranch dressing, pepper, dill, chili flakes and lime in your food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in chicken and blue cheese.
- Place on serving dish, top with crackers, green onion, celery and dill (if heating, add these ingredients after the oven).
- Serve with your fave chips. Enjoy!
Tips for Making this Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Light cream cheese was used, but you can totally use the regular variety.
- Though this is a buffalo ‘chicken’ dip, if you want to omit the chicken and have straight up vegetarian, that’s a-ok too!
- Not a fan of blue cheese? You can omit.
- The variety of hot sauce you use will determine the spice level of this dip. My favourite is Frank’s (not sponsored or anything, I just enjoy that hot sauce).
- I warmed this buffalo chicken dip through, but you can enjoy as is if you prefer.
- Leftover cooked turkey from the holidays or special occasion? Use that instead of chicken.
- You can make this dip a day ahead if you like. Before serving (if you aren’t heating), let sit out for 10 minutes or so so that the dip loosens up.
Other Easy Dip Recipes you May Enjoy
Hope you love this easy buffalo chicken dip with dill as much as we do!
Until next time take care and chit chat again soon 🙂
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip with Dill
- 1 package light cream cheese -softened (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup hot sauce -your fav (I used Frank's Original)
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1.5 tsp dill -divided
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes -optional
- 1 lime -juiced
- 1/3 cup blue cheese -crumbled
- 1.5 cup cooked chicken -leftover from a rotisserie chicken (shredded)
- 1/4 cup crackers -about 4-5, crushed (I used Ritz), optional
- 3-4 stalks green onion -chopped
- 1 stalk celery -finely chopped
- In a food processor combine cream cheese, hot sauce, ranch dressing, pepper, 1 tsp dill, chili flakes (if using) and lime. Combine until smooth & creamy.
- Place above in bowl (or mix with a spatula right in processor - save the mess, lol) and stir in crumbled blue cheese and shredded cooked chicken.
- Spread dip in a serving dish (I used a glass pie plate). Top with crushed crackers (optional), green onion, celery and remaining 1/2 tsp of dill. Can be served right away (or can heat in a 350F oven, uncovered, for about 10-15 minutes). Serve with chips. Enjoy! Note- if heating in oven, top with crackers, green onion, celery and remaining dill after dip comes out of oven.
- If you don't have leftover chicken, you can cook one chicken breast for this recipe.
- Leftover turkey also works well in this recipe.
- If desired, can also drizzle finished dip with a tsp of hot sauce.