This Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip with Dill is pretty much a classic and for good reason! There’s all of the delicious flavours of buffalo wings in a dip form. Yummy for weekend eats, parties or game day!
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip with Leftover Chicken
I made this dip just this past weekend. Hubby, my brother, and sister-in-law went out for dinner and drinks at a local place (a little tradition we do this time of year). Later when we returned home, I broke out the dip and it was a hit! We had a little game of Catch Phrase and munched on this and had a little laugh. Don’t you just love getting together with friends and family over good food? Oh the memories!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip? It’s easy!
- Combine cream cheese, hot sauce, ranch dressing, pepper, dill, chili flakes and lime in your food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in chicken and blue cheese.
- Place on serving dish, top with crackers, green onion, celery and dill (if heating, add these ingredients after the oven).
- Serve with your fave chips. Enjoy!
Tips for Making this Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Light cream cheese was used, but you can totally use the regular variety.
- Though this is a buffalo ‘chicken’ dip, if you want to omit the chicken and have straight up vegetarian, that’s a-ok too!
- Not a fan of blue cheese? You can omit.
- The variety of hot sauce you use will determine the spice level of this dip. My favourite is Frank’s (not sponsored or anything, I just enjoy that hot sauce).
- I warmed this buffalo chicken dip through, but you can enjoy as is if you prefer.
- Leftover cooked turkey from the holidays or special occasion? Use that instead of chicken.
Other Easy Dip Recipes you May Enjoy
Hope you love this easy buffalo chicken dip with dill as much as we do!
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip with Dill
- 8 ounces light cream cheese , softened (a 250 gram package)
- ½ cup buffalo hot sauce (your favourite variety)
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1.5 teaspoon dried dill , divided
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- 1 lime , juiced
- ⅓ cup blue cheese , crumbled
- 1.5 cup cooked chicken , shredded
- ¼ cup crackers , crushed (about 4 or 5 small crackers), optional
- 3 to 4 stalks green onion , chopped
- 1 stalk celery , finely chopped
- In a food processor combine cream cheese, hot sauce, ranch dressing, pepper, 1 teaspoon dill, red chili flakes (if using) and juice of lime. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Place in mixture in a bowl and stir in crumbled blue cheese and shredded cooked chicken.
- Place dip into a serving dish (I use an oven-safe glass pie plate). Top with crushed crackers (if using), green onion, celery and remaining ½ teaspoon of dill. Serve with your favourite chips. Enjoy!Note: If you like, you can heat the dip, uncovered, in a preheated 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 10 to 15 minutes. If opting to do this, top with crackers, green onion, celery and remaining dill after the dip comes out of the oven.
Nutrition estimate (if provided) is based on 1 serving.
Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are guidelines only.