These six ingredient breakfast ham and egg muffins require less than 10 minutes of prep and make for a quick make ahead breakfast for busy days!
I was in serious need of mixing up our breakfast routine. No lie.
Hubby and I were having smoothies for a long time (I mean months). Our morning routine changed, so we switched things up a bit with granola bars (and coffee, of course).
That’s getting a little old now, so enter these ultra easy homemade breakfast ham and egg muffins (or ham and egg cups)!
When I say this breakfast recipe is easy, I mean it. They’re easily whipped up, and the longest part is waiting for them to bake.
These are on a regular rotation in our home, just like this easy scrambled egg sandwich.
Why We Love This Recipe
- These breakfast muffins are made with only 6 ingredients.
- They take just minutes to prep.
- They can be customized to taste with add-ins.
- Of course, they taste delicious!
Can I Make These Ahead of Time?
The thing that I love most about this egg recipe is that I can make a batch ahead of time to enjoy throughout the week.
Store in a covered container in the fridge and enjoy within 2 to 3 days of making.
When preparing, I filled the liners to the top. Because there’s whole egg in there, they rise a bit and are nice and fluffy.
Tip: The best liners to use here are silicon muffin liners or parchment paper liners.
Depending on what type of liners you use, they may stick to the muffins (so you’ll have to take your time removing).
Alternatively, pour the egg mixture directly into a well greased muffin pan.
Let them cool a few minutes after making and gently run an offset spatula or knife around them to loosen.
Looking to serve with a side? Try these skillet potatoes.
Tips for Making This Recipe
- If you want to omit the ham, you can add a little more bell pepper or some small broccoli florets.
- Don’t have hot sauce? Try a pinch or two of cayenne pepper powder. Alternatively, if you aren’t a fan of spice, you can omit.
- Other delicious add-in options are chopped green onion, crumbled feta or minced mushrooms. The possibilities are almost limitless here!
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
If you make these ham and egg muffins, be sure to leave a comment below!
Ham and Egg Muffins
- Cooking spray, to grease muffin liners
- 12 large eggs
- ¾ cup cooked ham, small dice
- 1 bell pepper, small dice (about 1 cup)
- ⅔ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons hot sauce, depending on how spicy you like things
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place muffin liners (parchment variety works best) into a muffin tin and spray with cooking spray. Note: Depending on what type of liners you use, they may stick to the muffins (so you'll have to take your time removing). Otherwise, you can either use a silicone muffin pan or (the easiest way) pour the egg mixture directly into the muffin pan that has been greased with butter or cooking spray. Let them cool a few minutes after making and gently run an offset spatula or knife around them to loosen.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs until well combined. To eggs, add cooked ham, bell pepper, cheddar cheese, black pepper and hot sauce. Whisk everything together. Distribute among muffin liners, filling up, and bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.
© Girl Heart Food Inc. Photographs and content are copyright protected.
Tried this recipe?
If you do make this recipe, thank you!! It would mean so much if you could leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed it, and it helps other readers too!