These six ingredient breakfast ham and egg muffins require less than 10 minutes of prep and make for a quick make ahead breakfast for busy days!
I was in serious need of mixing up our breakfast routine. No lie.
That’s getting a little old now, so enter these ultra easy homemade breakfast ham and egg muffins (or ham and egg cups)!
I made another version with egg whites that I’ll share with you guys in a little bit (gotta have options, am I right?)
When I say this breakfast recipe is easy, I mean it. They can easily be whipped up in under 10 minutes and the longest part is waiting for them to bake.
These are on a regular rotation in our home, just like this easy peasy scrambled egg sandwich.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Made with only 6 ingredients
- They take just minutes to prep
- Can be customized to taste with add-ins
- They taste delicious!
Can I Make These Ahead of Time?
The thing that I love most about this egg recipe is that I can make a batch ahead of time to enjoy throughout the week.
Store in a covered container in the fridge and enjoy within 2 to 3 days of making.
When preparing, I filled the liners to the top. Because there’s whole egg in there, they rise a bit and are nice and fluffy.
Tip: The best liners to use here are silicon muffin liners or parchment paper liners.
Depending on what type of liners you use, they may stick to the muffins (so you’ll have to take your time removing).
Alternatively, pour the egg mixture directly into a well greased muffin pan.
Let them cool a few minutes after making and gently run an offset spatula or knife around them to loosen.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
More Recipe Tips
If you want these to be vegetarian, omit the ham and add a little more bell pepper or some small broccoli florets.
Don’t have hot sauce? Try a pinch or two of cayenne pepper powder. Alternatively, if you aren’t a fan of spice, you can omit.
Other delicious add-in options are chopped green onion, crumbled feta or minced mushrooms. The possibilities are almost limitless here!
Looking to serve with a side? Try these skillet potatoes.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
Hope you love this breakfast recipe as much as we do!
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed!
Ham and Egg Muffins
- 12 large eggs
- ¾ cup cooked ham , small dice
- 1 bell pepper , small dice (about a cup)
- ⅔ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- cooking spray (to grease muffin liners)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place muffin liners (parchment variety works best) into a muffin tin and grease with cooking spray. Note: Depending on what type of liners you use, they may stick to the muffins (so you'll have to take your time removing). Otherwise, you can either use a silicone muffin pan or (the easiest way) is to pour the egg mixture directly into the muffin pan that has been greased with butter or cooking spray. Let them cool a few minutes after making and gently run an offset spatula or knife around them to loosen.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs until well combined. Add remainder of ingredients, whisking everything together. Distribute among muffin liners, filling up, and bake 28 to 30 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. Enjoy!
Nutrition (ESTIMATE ONLY)
Nutrition estimate (if provided) is based on 1 Serving.
Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are guidelines only.