These no bake granola bars are jam-packed with goodness and couldn’t be easier to make. There’s a date base which keeps it all together and wholesome ingredients like chia seeds, almonds and oats. Totally portable, these homemade granola bars make for a delicious breakfast on busy mornings or afternoon snack.
Do you love granola bars as much as we do?
Well, forget store-bought and make your own scratch-made granola bars with some simple, wholesome ingredients.
Once you make your own, there’s no going back!
Plus, this granola bar recipe is easily customizable so you can use what you have on hand or enjoy. Sound good? Let’s get to it!
If you like these scratch-made granola bars, check out this homemade granola recipe!
How To Make Granola Bars
Full details on how to make these homemade granola bars are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics:
- To processor, add dates, almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, salt and vanilla. Process. Mixture will be thick and paste-like.
- Stop processor, uncover and add oats, coconut, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, almonds and cranberries. Process until combined. Mixture will be moist, but loose.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper, just enough to overhang over the sides (for easier removal later) and pour granola bar mixture into dish.
- Press down hard with your hands or use a measuring cup (or the like) to really compact the mixture.
- After freezing, cut into bars.
Storing and Enjoying
Store these homemade granola bars in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy within a week.
Tips and Variations
- The key here is to press down the mixture into the parchment paper-lined pan. Like, really, pack that goodness into the pan. Just when you think you have it packed in enough, press again.
- Don’t have almond butter on hand? Use peanut butter!
- Have walnuts on hand and no almonds? Use those!
- Rather use chocolate chips instead of dried cranberries? Go for it!
These no bake granola bars are pretty versatile, which makes it easy to use what you have on hand.
If you make this homemade granola bar recipe, be sure to leave a comment below!
Easy No Bake Granola Bars
- 2 cups dates, pitted
- ¼ cup almond butter, or peanut butter
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- To a food processor, add dates, almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, salt and vanilla extract. Process until combined and dates broken down, about 2 minutes.
- To processor, add remainder of ingredients and process until combined, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a wax paper or parchment paper-lined freezer-safe dish (I used about a 8-inch x 11-inch dish), add mixture and firmly press down until packed into pan and level. Freeze until firm, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into bars (I cut into 16 pieces, but you can do more or less, depending on the size you want). Store these homemade granola bars in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy within a week.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.
© Girl Heart Food Inc. Photographs and content are copyright protected.
Tried this recipe?
If you do make this recipe, thank you!! It would mean so much if you could leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed it, and it helps other readers too!