This berry smoothie bowl will be your go-to this summer when you are looking for an easy, tasty meal or snack. The base of this smoothie bowl has only three ingredients – cherry, banana and vanilla almond milk. Then, garnish to your heart’s content with the freshest cherries and berries!
What a festive week this one has been with Canada Day on July 1st and 4th of July for my American friends!
I’m pretty stoked cause hubby and I are starting our staycation vacation this Friday.
It’ll be nice to get a little break and just enjoy each other’s company. Fingers crossed for nice weather!
Rest assured, we’ll be enjoying lots of easy peasy recipes, just like this berry smoothie bowl while relaxing on our deck. Plus, don’t you just love summer produce?
Why We Love This Berry Smoothie Bowl
- The base of the bowl (not including garnish) is made with only 3 ingredients!
- Comes together in about 10 minutes
- Naturally sweetened
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Makes for a great breakfast or snack
- Of course, it tastes delicious!
What is a Smoothie Bowl?
Ok, I will admit, I’m a little late joining the smoothie bowl train.
I always thought smoothie bowls were so pretty, but always wonder what was up with the whole bowl situation?
Now? Love it! It’s basically a super thick smoothie.
How a smoothie bowl differs from a smoothie, in my opinion, is all the fun, tasty garnish.
Let out your inner Bob Ross here, people. You can pretty up your smoothie bowl with as little or as much fruit or garnish you wish.
How to Make It
Making a smoothie bowl couldn’t be easier! Seriously.
Like, it takes about 5 minutes (yes, 5 minutes) of your time.
You just place the frozen fruit in a processor, blitz a little, add a touch of milk, blend again and then you are done!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
How to Garnish
I garnished this berry smoothie bowl very simply with just berries, but you can add other toppings that you like to really amp this smoothie bowl up! Some other garnish that I love are –
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Shredded coconut
- Pumpkin seeds
- Chocolate chips
- Your favourite nuts
- A drizzle of melted Nutella, peanut butter or almond butter
What would be your favourite garnish? I honestly think there’s no going wrong here!
More Recipe Tips
Use frozen cherries and a frozen banana for the base of this cherry smoothie bowl. If you use fresh, it will not be thick.
Like your smoothie bowl more loose in texture? Add a little more almond milk. Add a little at a time (about a teaspoon) because a little goes a long way.
Want more or less of cherries or berries on top? You do you!
This smoothie bowl is best enjoyed immediately. Have all your fruit garnish ready to go when the base is mixed up.
I garnished this cherry smoothie bowl with fresh cherries. For picture purposes, they weren’t pitted. Don’t forget to take those suckers out before you enjoy them! Here are 3 ways to pit cherries without a cherry pitter (from The Kitchn)
Speaking of fresh cherries, if you just want to stick to the frozen variety, go for it! Just thaw them out a bit before garnishing that smoothie bowl.
More Smoothie Recipes You May Enjoy
- Blueberry Kale Smoothie
- Blackberry Coconut Smoothie
- Blueberry Mango Smoothie
- Creamy Orange Vanilla Smoothie
Hope you love this fruit smoothie bowl as much as we do!
Until next time, take care and chit chat again soon,
Make this berry smoothie bowl? That’s awesome! Love it if you left a comment below. Many thanks!
Berry Smoothie Bowl
- 2 cups frozen pitted cherries
- 1 frozen banana , cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoon vanilla almond milk (or more for a looser consistency)
- 1/2 cup fresh cherries , pitted
- 1/2 cup strawberries , stalks removed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- Place frozen cherries and chunks of banana into a food processor and blend for about 30 seconds until it starts to break down a bit.
- Add vanilla almond milk and blend until smooth, stopping to scrap down sides of processor, as necessary.
- Divide mixture evenly among two bowls and garnish with fresh cherries, strawberries, blueberries and blackberries. Enjoy immediately!
- Like your smoothie bowl more loose in texture? Add a little more almond milk. Add a little at a time (about a teaspoon) because a little goes a long way.