Baked cheese anyone? This baked camembert with berries is what dreams are made of. Creamy, luscious camembert is topped with blueberry jam that has been mixed with a touch of wine, thyme and pepper. After baking, fresh berries are added for another pop of flavour. This baked camembert recipe is easy, delicious and perfect for entertaining.
In about 15 minutes (including prep), this baked camembert recipe could be yours! Yay!
Mix your favourite blueberry jam with some wine (cause this cheese, like most, pairs beautifully with wine), add a pinch of black pepper and some fresh thyme and bake.
When the time is up, carefully remove from the oven, garnish with a few fresh blueberries, more thyme and walnuts if your little heart desires. Serve alongside fresh baked baguette and dig in.
As you can probably tell, this recipe is easy. Plus, who doesn’t love melty cheese? Perfect for an easy app with all the flavour, but little fuss.
I could honestly make a meal out of just this. And, I could totally eat this all by myself. I’m pretty sure my clothes wouldn’t thank me, but my belly would.
Do I Have To Remove the Rind?
Some people like to eat the rind of camembert cheese, which I have done in the past. However, for this recipe, I removed it, which I recommend you do too; it makes things a lot easier when serving so all you have to do when it’s baked is to get dunking with that bread.
Can I Use Another Jam?
Definitely! I’m all about using what you have on hand, especially when a recipe is as simple as this one.
If you don’t have blueberry jam in the fridge or strawberries are your jam (ha, no pun intended), then switch it up!
This recipe is pretty laid back (if a recipe could be that). Another lovely combination to use with this camembert is strawberry jam with tarragon and fresh strawberries.
The upcoming summer season begs for easy recipes. No one has time to spend hours in the kitchen when the sun is blasting outside, am I right? Make something easy (like this recipe), go outside and enjoy the company of friends and family. Good stuff!
Dinner Party Recipe
Speaking of enjoying time with friends and family, you should always have an emergency supply of cheese in your fridge. Yes, this is not a drill.
Why? Because it is so darn easy to whip something up quickly when unexpected guests arrive at your house and they want a little nosh.
Put this deliciousness in front of them and it looks like you have your fancy pants on. But, secretly, you know how easy it was. Then again, if you served this to every guest that came to your house, they’d never want to leave!
More Easy Appetizers
If you make this recipe for baked camembert with berries, be sure to leave a comment below!
Baked Camembert With Berries
- 6 ounces camembert cheese (round portion), use your favourity variety (about 170 grams)
- 2 tablespoons blueberry jam
- 2 tablespoons white wine, use your favourite
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme (leaves only), plus more to taste for optional garnish
- few fresh blueberries
- few fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, carefully cut the top off your wheel of camembert and discard. Then, prick the camembert with the tip of a knife or fork 8 to 10 times.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the blueberry jam with white wine, black pepper, and thyme. Set aside.
- Place parchment paper in a brie baker (or similar oven-safe dish) and place cheese on top. Top cheese with blueberry jam mixture. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the oven and top with berries, more fresh thyme (to taste) and walnuts (if using). Serve with crusty, toasted bread. Enjoy!
Nutrition estimate (if provided) is based on 1 Serving.
Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.
Tried this recipe?
If you do make this recipe, thank you!! It would mean so much if you could leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed it, and it helps other readers too!