If you’re looking for a super simple weekday meal, then look no further than this baked chicken fajitas recipe. With plenty of chicken, veggies and taco seasoning, this easy sheet pan dinner comes together in about 30 minutes and is sure to satisfy hungry bellies!
There are some days when I don’t know where the time goes. And I’m pretty sure most people feel the same. Just because I’m busy, that doesn’t mean I don’t have time to eat. Oh, no, no. Dawn always has time to eat, ha ha!
Whenever I’m busy and looking for an easy dinner, these baked chicken fajitas fit the bill perfectly. There’s very little fuss preparing them, they’re made with just seven simple ingredients and cleanup is a cinch! Who doesn’t love that?
How To Make Baked Chicken Fajitas
Here is an overview of how to make baked chicken fajitas (full details are in the recipe card below):
Slice the peppers, onion and chicken into strips, then toss with avocado oil and taco seasoning. Spread out onto a parchment paper-lined sheet pan and cook until the chicken is fully cooked through and the veggies are tender.
Once everything is ready, serve onto warmed tortillas, garnish with your favourite fajita toppings (if you like) and devour. Easy, right?!
Best Tortilla To Use
For fajitas, I love to use flour tortillas. They’re nice and sturdy and can stand up to the ingredients a little more than, say, corn tortillas.
The best size to use is something around 6 to 7 inches in diameter.
As far as fajitas toppings goes, let your heart (or taste buds) be your guide! Some delicious options are:
- Chopped cilantro
- Pico de gallo
- Hot sauce
- Sour cream (or, though not traditional, plain Greek yogurt)
- Sliced jalapeno peppers
- Shredded cheddar cheese
What To Serve With It
When it comes to sides, I love serving these chicken fajitas with chips and salsa, grilled corn, fluffy rice, refried beans or homemade fries.
More Easy Dinner Recipes
If you make this baked chicken fajitas recipe, be sure to leave a comment below!
Easy Chicken Fajitas
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 medium bell peppers, sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1.5 tablespoons taco seasoning, or your favourite fajita seasoning
- Flour tortillas, for serving (each about 6 to 7 inches and warmed according to package instructions)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the chicken, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers and onion in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with the avocado oil and sprinkle over the taco seasoning. Stir until the chicken and veggies are well coated in the oil and taco seasoning.Tip: If you want to save a dish, skip the bowl and toss the chicken and veggies with the oil and taco seasoning directly on the sheet pan instead of mixing in the bowl.
- Spread the chicken and veggie mixture out onto the prepared sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Serve the chicken and veggies on warmed flour tortillas and garnish (if desired) with your favourite fajitas toppings. Recipe makes about 6 to 8 fajitas (depending on how much you fill them). Enjoy!
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.
Tried this recipe?
If you do make this recipe, thank you!! It would mean so much if you could leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed it, and it helps other readers too!
What a great quick and hearty dinner! I love the idea of using Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. I’ve never thought to try it. I know the tartness of the yogurt would be so tasty with the taco seasoning! 🙂 ~Valentina
David @ Spiced
Yes!! I’m pretty sure I could eat fajitas every night of the week. I love that this version is all baked on one sheet pan – nice and easy! This is my kinda comfort food. I’d love to curl up on the couch with a plate of these and a good Netflix show on tv. 🙂 Hope you have a great weekend ahead, Dawn!