Fan of cream cheese dip? How about dill pickles? Then this dill pickle dip is a must try! With plenty of dill pickles, fresh dill and garlic, this simple dip will surely disappear fast. Make sure you have lots of thick-cut chips to serve with!
If you’re a fan of pickle-flavoured foods, then you’ve gotta try this dill pickle dip.
Years ago, especially around the holidays, we would stock up on this store-bought cream cheese dips, especially onion dip and dill pickle dip. They were a quintessential holiday treat.
These days? I make my own dip! It’s just too easy not to. Plus, I can control what goes in it, and, if I like more (or less) of a flavour, I can totally adjust to taste.
Though this dill pickle dip is super creamy, I do love to serve with thick potato chips. The creamy dip with crunchy potato chips? So freaking good!
Craving more dill pickle recipes? Try this pickle grilled cheese!
Why We Love This Dill Pickle Dip
- This dip is made with some super simple ingredients.
- The recipe makes a whole bunch, so it’s great for parties.
- It comes together in about 10 minutes.
- It tastes so good!
How to Make Pickle Dip
Full details are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics:
Basically, you place all of the pickle dip ingredients (aside from the chopped pickle) into your food processor and process until smooth and combined.
Looks so creamy, doesn’t it?
Once the base of the dip is done, then add in chopped dill pickle.
I like to use the “pulse” feature on my food processor here so I still have some texture in the dip from the pickles. That’s it! Easy pickle dip made in minutes!
Once the dip is made, simply transfer it to a serving dish. Serve with some potato chips and dig in!
Tips for Making This Recipe
- Though you can totally devour this pickle dip as soon as it’s made, I love to cover and place in the fridge for a couple of hours to chill and let the flavours get to know each other even more.
- I used two cloves of garlic in this dip, which does add a lovely hum of garlic. Because I’m such a huge garlic fan, it was perfect for me. If you want less of a garlic flavour, feel free to use just one clove.
- If you want a tad less pickle flavour, feel free to add less dried dill and chopped pickle.
- Chips are the best choice to serve with this dill pickle dip, but veggies would also work!
More Easy Dip Recipes
If you make this homemade pickle dip, be sure to leave a comment below!
Dill Pickle Dip (a must try for dill pickle lovers!)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (250 grams)
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- ¼ cup pickle juice, from your jar of pickles
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, or 1 teaspoon of dried dill (dill weed), plus more to taste for optional garnish
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced (depending on how garlicky you want things)
- 1 cup chopped pickles, about 3 pickles (depending on their size)
- Place cream cheese, ranch dressing, pickle juice, hot sauce, dill, black pepper, salt and garlic in a food processor and process until smooth and combined.
- Add chopped pickle and pulse several times or so until incorporated (don't overmix because you still want some texture in your dip from the pickles).Note: If desired, you can reserved a teaspoon or two of chopped pickle for garnish (you can cut smaller if doing this).
- Transfer the dip to a serving dish. Top with more finely chopped pickle and fresh dill, if desired. Serve with your favourite chips.
Nutrition estimate (if provided) is based on 1 Serving.
Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are guidelines only.