You’re only 4 simple ingredients away from enjoying this delicious cherry recipe – cherry vanilla ice pops, to be exact! These naturally sweetened frozen fruit pops will be your go-to treat when you want to cool down this summer!
When you think of cherry recipes, what do you normally think of? For me, it’s usually pie or smoothies (this cherry smoothie bowl is always a popular choice in our home).
When I have fresh cherries on hand, though, they don’t usually make it to any recipe – they go straight from the fridge into my mouth, lol.
Today I’m bringing you these yummy perfect-for-the-season cherry ice pops. So easy and so delicious!
These fruit ice pops take minutes to whip up and the hardest part is waiting for them to freeze. But, trust me, it’ll be worth it!
Why We Love these Fruit Ice Pops
- Made with only 4 ingredients
- Prepped in minutes
- Dairy free
- Gluten free
- Naturally sweetened
- Of course, they taste delicious!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
I used vanilla almond milk in this recipe. If you prefer to use regular milk or regular almond milk, that’s ok too, but they won’t have as much vanilla flavour. I totally recommend the vanilla almond milk, though if you can get your hands on it.
If you don’t have vanilla almond milk, add a little more vanilla extract. It’s better to add a little at a time (drops) and taste before freezing.
For this cherry recipe, I used frozen pitted cherries. You should be able to easily find in the frozen fruit section of your supermarket.
I used 5 ounce molds and yielded 5 ice pops. If your molds are larger or smaller, the quantity of ice pops you yield will vary.
I didn’t add any extra sugar to these ice pops. For me the flavour was sweet enough. However, if you like things a little sweeter, add maple syrup to taste.
Not only do these cherry vanilla ice pops taste fabulous (I mean, really good), the colour is just so stunning, don’t ya think?
Other Frozen Treats You May Enjoy
- Triple Berry Ice Pops
- Strawberry Mango Kefir Ice Pops
- Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
- Mint Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
Hope you love these cherry pops as much as we do!
Until next time, take care and chit chat again soon,
Make this yummy cherry recipe? That’s awesome! Love it if you left a comment below. Many thanks!!
Cherry Vanilla Ice Pops
- 3 cups frozen cherries -pitted
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extra
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until combined and smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes or so.
- Carefully pour mixture into ice pop molds (this recipe yields 5 (5 ounce) pops). Freeze for 4 to 6 hours or until firm.
- Run ice pops under warm water for a few seconds to release from mold. Enjoy!