These strawberry mango kefir ice pops are an easy summer dessert recipe that can be whipped up in minutes. They are creamy and loaded with goodness from only 4 simple ingredients.
I’m always on the look out for an easy summer dessert, especially cold ones!
For quite some time we were buying ice pops at the supermarket. Not anymore! So now we’ve been making cherry ice pops and strawberry mango ice pops all summer long!
Don’t you just love when you recreate something at home that you have had out, like something you purchased at a store or enjoyed at a restaurant? I know I do!
These strawberry mango kefir ice pops are not only as good as the store bought ones, but better!
Like with most homemade ice pop recipes, these kefir ice pops are beyond easy to make.
Full details are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics:
- Gather your ice pop ingredients (frozen sliced strawberries, frozen mango chunks, maple syrup and kefir).
- Add the frozen fruit to a food processor.
- Pour over maple syrup.
- Add kefir.
- Process until everything is combined and creamy.
- Pour (or spoon) into 6 (5 ounce) pop molds and freeze.
What Is Kefir?
Kefir is a fermented milk drink that is quite thick and has a slightly tangy/sour taste.
For me, it tastes kinda like a cross between yogurt or sour cream and milk.
Like milk, kefir has calcium, protein and vitamins. Kefir is also a source of probiotics!
So adding kefir to these ice pops was a great way to not only make them have a creamy consistency, but a treat I could feel good about eating.
I started off on a rocky road with kefir way back when. Hubby has loved it since he tried it. Me? Took a little while. Once I tried it in a smoothie, there was no looking back! And now with this easy summer dessert, I’m completely sold!
Tips for Making This Recipe
- This mixture is thick! I spooned the mixture into my pop molds. In order to minimize air bubbles, I placed a wooden skewer (or you could use a butter knife) and swished the mixture around so that everything settled before freezing.
- I used 6 (5-ounce) molds. If your molds are larger or smaller, the number of ice pops you yield may vary.
- If you want things a little sweeter, add a little more maple syrup.
- Plain Greek yogurt is also a lovely in these pops if you don’t have kefir on hand.
More Yummy Frozen Treats
If you make these homemade kefir ice pops, be sure to leave a comment below!
Strawberry Mango Kefir Ice Pops
- 2 cups frozen strawberry slices
- 1.5 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup plain whole milk kefir
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour into 6 (5 ounce) pop molds. Freeze 4 to 6 hours.Note: If your ice pop mold is smaller or larger than the one used here, the quantity of ice pops you yield may vary.
- When ready to enjoy, run each pop mold until warm water to help release from mold. Serve and enjoy!
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.
Tried this recipe?
If you do make this recipe, thank you!! It would mean so much if you could leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed it, and it helps other readers too!