These Strawberry Mango Kefir Ice Pops are an easy summer dessert recipe that can be whipped up in minutes. They are creamy and loaded with goodness from only 4 simple ingredients. Did I mention they’re also refined sugar free and gluten free?
I’m always on the look out for an easy summer dessert, especially cold ones! For awhile we were buying ice pops at the supermarket. Not anymore! Don’t you just love when you recreate something at home that you have had out, like something you purchased at a store or enjoyed at a restaurant? I know I do! Case in point with these kefir ice pops. These Strawberry Mango Kefir Ice Pops are not only as good as the store bought ones, but better!
What is Kefir?
Kefir is a fermented milk drink that is quite thick and has a slightly tangy/sour taste. For me, it tastes kinda like a cross between yogurt/sour cream/milk. Like milk, kefir has calcium, protein and vitamins, but it is also a source of probiotics! So adding kefir to these gluten free ice pops was a great way to not only make them have a creamy consistency, but a treat I could feel good about eating.
I started off on a rocky road with kefir way back when. Hubby has loved it since he tried it. Me? Took a little while. Once I tried it in a smoothie, there was no looking back! And now with this easy summer dessert, I’m completely sold!
Strawberry Mango Kefir Ice Pops – an EASY Summer Dessert!
Like with most homemade ice pop recipes, these kefir ice pops are beyond easy to make. You simply mix the ingredients in a food processor until you’ve reached your desired consistency (I like mine smooth with a tad little bit of texture left). Freeze and enjoy! Nothing to it, right?
Tips for Making these Easy Homemade Ice Pops
- This mixture is thick! I spooned the mixture into my pop molds. In order to minimize air bubbles I placed a wooden skewer (or you could use a butter knife) and swished the mixture around so that everything settled before freezing.
- I used 6-5ounce molds. If your molds are larger or smaller, the number of ice pops you yield will vary.
- If you want things a little sweeter, add a little more maple syrup.
- Greek yogurt is also a lovely in this gluten free pops if you don’t have kefir on hand.
My friend, Sarah, of Champagne Tastes has her own recipe for milk kefir if you want to go that extra step. For this recipe, though, I just used store-bought because that’s what I had on hand and I wanted these ice pops asap!
Other Easy Summer Desserts You May Enjoy –
Hope you love these homemade ice pops as much as we do in our home!
Until next time, take care and chit chat again soon 🙂
P.S. If you think these Strawberry Mango Kefir Ice Pops will make your belly happy too, please be sure to hit that little Pin button down below. Many thanks, you guys! XO
Strawberry Mango Kefir Ice Pops
- 2 cups frozen strawberry slices
- 1.5 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup kefir
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend to combine, until smooth, 3-4 minutes.
- Pour into 6-5 ounce pop molds. Freeze 4-6 hours.
- When ready to enjoy, run each pop mold until warm water to help release from mold. Enjoy!