This vegetable curry soup with coconut milk and zoodles is loaded with warming flavours, veggies and perfectly grilled tofu. Garnish to taste with your favourite toppings for one belly satisfying veggie soup!
Today I’m sharing a super flavourful curry coconut soup recipe!
This vegetable curry soup has a rich coconut milk base, lots of zoodles (zucchini noodles) and grilled tofu.
This curry soup is quite relishing. There’s something about it that just hits the spot. It didn’t last long in our home. Hubby and I ate some right away and went back for more.
The tofu adds a lovely substance and the coconut base is really good.
Oh, and don’t forget a little squeeze of lime! It really brightens the dish up (lemon works wonderful too).
Why This Curry Coconut Soup is Great!
- With those zucchini noodles, it’s super fun to make (and eat)
- Dairy free
- Gluten free
- Chock full of veggies
- Of course, it taste delicious!
How to Marinate Tofu and Grill Tofu?
For the tofu, you really want to get some of that moisture out. I used, and recommend, firm tofu.
Cut the block in half and wrap in brown paper towel.
Lay on a plate and place something heavy on it, like a cast iron pan, to press some of the excess moisture out (you’re going to want to do that a couple of times, replacing the brown paper towel each time). Alternatively, you can use a tofu press if you have one.
Marinate in a simple mixture of soy sauce and sesame oil for about 10 minutes.
Then, remove the tofu from the marinade and place on a griddle pan for about 5 minutes, turning once.
Cut into cubes and that part is done. So easy, right?
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
How to Garnish This Soup
- Chili slices
- Squeeze of lime
- Green onion
More Recipe Tips
This curry coconut soup comes together quite quickly, so I would suggest having all your ingredients prepped in advance. It makes this move along smoothly and that way you can get this goodness in yo belly faster!
Full fat coconut milk is recommended because it has such a rich, coconut-ey flavour. If you want to lighten things up a bit use light coconut milk or cut the full coconut milk with water (half coconut milk, half water).
Curry powder was used in this soup, but curry paste can be used instead.
Speaking of spicy, I used 3/4 tsp of chili flakes. You could use more or less (or none at all) depending on how you like your food.
Other Easy Curry Recipes you May Enjoy
If you want to add a little something to serve alongside, grilled naan would work wonderful. Dip into the broth and you are set for a train to flavour town!
Hope you love this vegetable curry soup recipe as much as we do!
Until next time, take care and chit chat again soon,
Make this coconut milk soup? That’s awesome! Love it if you left a comment and rating below. Many thanks, you guys!
Vegetable Curry Soup with Coconut Milk and Zoodles
- 1 block firm tofu
- 2 tbsp soya sauce -low sodium/gluten free
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Spiralized Zucchini Curry Coconut Soup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil – or olive oil
- 1 shallot -thinly sliced, or small onion
- 3 cloves garlic -minced
- 1 tbsp ginger -minced
- 1 tbsp curry powder -or paste
- 3/4 tsp chili flakes -or to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup mushrooms -thinly sliced
- 1/2 bell pepper -cut into thin strips
- 1 can coconut milk – I used ful fat
- 3 cups vegetable stock -I used ‘unsalted’
- 2 zucchini -spiralized & cut to desired length. See below.
- 3 cups baby spinach
- lime -or lemon
- Cut tofu in half and wrap in brown paper towel and place on a plate covered with a heavy pot to press some moisture out. Leave 5 minutes and repeat once more.
- Remove brown paper towel from tofu and discard. Combine soy sauce and sesame oil and pour over tofu in a shallow dish and leave 10 minutes.
- Remove tofu from soy sauce/sesame oil mixture and grill for 5 minutes on medium heat using a pan with grills (if you want the grill marks) turning once. Cut into small cubes and lay to one side for later. Reserve marinade.
Zucchini Noodle Curry Coconut Soup
- In a pot over medium low add coconut oil. Cook shallot until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, curry powder, chili flakes, salt and pepper and cook 1 minute.
- To mixture, add coconut milk, veggie stock, mushrooms, bell pepper and reserved marinade. Bring to low simmer and cook 5 minutes. Add zucchini and cook 2 minutes more. Add baby spinach and cook about 1 minute until just wilted. Portion into bowls and garnish as desired. Enjoy!
- This curry coconut soup comes together quite quickly, so I would suggest having all your ingredients prepped in advance. It makes this move along smoothly and that way you can get this goodness in yo belly faster!
- Full fat coconut milk is recommended because it has such a rich, coconut-ey flavour. If you want to lighten things up a bit use light coconut milk or cut the full coconut milk with water (half coconut milk, half water).
- Curry powder was used in this soup, but curry paste can be used instead.
- Speaking of spicy, I used 3/4 tsp of chili flakes. You could use more or less (or none at all) depending on how you like your food.
- Sub with another type of noodle should you wish, like soba.