This chickpea cauliflower curry recipe is made in one pot and can be on the table in about 30 minutes! With a coconut milk base, this vegan curry recipe is delicious on its own or over rice. Don’t forget naan to soak up all that rich sauce!
Hi everyone! How was your weekend? It was actually kinda warm around here! We put out our patio furniture and removed the protective winter covers from our outside plants. Plus, our herbs are even starting to come around! If that doesn’t put me in a good mood, I don’t know what will!
Today I’m sharing a delicious chickpea cauliflower curry recipe that we really enjoy.
When I was pondering what I wanted to do for this vegan curry recipe, I knew one thing; I wanted to keep it simple.
Sometimes curry recipes can call for a lot of ingredients, but not this one. I wanted it basic, but I wanted it flavourful and hearty.
The curry and tomato paste combo gives a big lift in the ol’ flavour department and the cauliflower florets and chickpeas gives the dish heft. Plus, creamy coconut milk is always tasty, if you ask me. It fills you up without weighing you down.
Fan of easy curry recipes? Check out this chickpea lentil curry!
Why We Love Chickpea Cauliflower Curry
- Made in about 30 minutes, so it’s great for busy weeknights
- Comes together in one pot for easy cleanup
- Made with pretty humble, budget friendly ingredients
- It’s gluten free, vegan, and dairy free
- And, of course, it tastes delicious!
How to Make It
Full details are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics:
- In a pan, cook the onion for a bit in coconut oil.
- Stir in tomato paste and curry paste.
- Add the cauliflower and chickpeas stirring to coat in all that yummy flavour.
- Add stock.
- Then, add coconut milk.
- Stir in spices.
- Bring to a medium simmer to reduce the sauce a tad.
- Add a cornstarch slurry to thicken a bit.
- Serve over rice and garnish to your little heart’s content!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
This recipe comes together quickly! It’s best to have all your ingredients prepped and ready to go in the pan.
Use unsalted vegetable broth so you can have better control over the salt content in this dish. If you use anything otherwise, you may want to add less salt.
Full-fat coconut milk works best here as it give the sauce a creamier, richer consistency.
A squeeze of fresh lemon juice is highly recommended here. It really brightens the dish!
More Easy Curry Recipes
- Zucchini Noodle Curry Coconut Soup with Grilled Tofu
- Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Veggie Korma
- Curried Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup
Hope you enjoy this chickpea cauliflower curry as much as we do!
If you make this chickpea cauliflower curry recipe, be sure to leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed! Thank you!
Chickpea Cauliflower Curry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion , peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1.5 tablespoons curry paste (or curry powder)
- 1 small head cauliflower , cut into florets (about 4 cups)
- 19 ounce can of unsalted chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- 1.5 cups unsalted vegetable broth
- 14 ounce can of full fat coconut milk (about a 400 millilitre can)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (to thicken, optional)
- 2 teaspoons cold water (to thicken, optional)
- Cilantro , chopped
- Chili , sliced
- Lemon wedges
- In a medium sized pan (about a 10-inch pan) over medium heat melt coconut oil. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste and curry paste and stir to combine and cook 1 minute.
- Add cauliflower and chickpeas and stir to coat and combine.
- Add broth, coconut milk, cayenne, ginger, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Bring to medium simmer and cook 15 minutes uncovered until cauliflower has softened slightly and sauce reduced a tad.
- Mix cornstarch with cold water in a small dish and stir (optional for thickener). Pour into chickpea mixture, stirring to combine and cook for 2 minutes. Enjoy as is or serve over rice or quinoa. Garnish as desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition (ESTIMATE ONLY)
Nutrition estimate (if provided) is based on 1 serving.
Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are guidelines only.