This vegetable curry soup with coconut milk and zoodles is loaded with warming flavours, veggies and perfectly grilled tofu. Garnish to taste with your favourite toppings for one belly satisfying veggie soup!
Today I’m sharing a super flavourful curry coconut soup recipe!
This vegetable curry soup has a rich coconut milk base, lots of zoodles (zucchini noodles) and grilled tofu.
This curry soup is quite relishing. There’s something about it that just hits the spot. It didn’t last long in our home. Hubby and I ate some right away and went back for more.
The tofu adds a lovely substance and the coconut base is really good.
Oh, and don’t forget a little squeeze of lime! It really brightens the dish (lemon works wonderful, too).
Why This Curry Coconut Soup is Great!
- With those zucchini noodles, it’s super fun to make (and eat)
- Chock-full of colourful veggies
- Of course, it taste delicious!
How to Marinate Tofu and Grill Tofu?
For the tofu, you really want to get some of that moisture out. I used, and recommend, firm tofu.
Cut the block in half and wrap in brown paper towel.
Lay on a plate and place something heavy on it, like a heavy skillet, to press some of the excess moisture out (you’re going to want to do that a couple of times, replacing the brown paper towel each time). Alternatively, you can use a tofu press if you have one.
Marinate in a simple mixture of soy sauce and sesame oil for about 10 minutes.
Then, remove the tofu from the marinade and place on a griddle pan for about 5 minutes, turning once.
Cut into cubes and that part is done. So easy, right?
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
- Chili slices
- Squeeze of lime
- Hot Sauce
- Green onion
More Recipe Tips
This curry coconut soup comes together quite quickly, so I would suggest having all your ingredients prepped before you start to cook. It makes this move along smoothly and that way you can get this goodness in your belly faster!
Full fat coconut milk is recommended because it has such a rich, coconut-y flavour. If you want to lighten things up a bit use light coconut milk or cut the full coconut milk with water (half coconut milk, half water).
You could use more or less chili flakes (or none at all) depending on how spicy you like your food.
More Easy Curry Recipes
If you want to add a little something to serve alongside, grilled naan would work wonderful. Dip into the broth and you are set for a train to flavour town!
Hope you love this vegetable curry soup recipe as much as we do!
If you make this curry coconut milk soup, be sure to leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed! Thank you!
Vegetable Curry Soup with Coconut Milk and Zoodles
- 1 block firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce (opt for 'gluten free', if needed)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Zucchini Noodle Curry Coconut Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 shallot , thinly sliced, or one small onion
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger , minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ¾ teaspoon red chili flakes (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup mushrooms , thinly sliced
- ½ bell pepper , cut into thin strips
- 13.5 ounce full-fat, unsweetened coconut milk (about a 400 millilitre can)
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 zucchini , spiralized & cut to desired length.
- 3 cups baby spinach
Garnish & Serving Ideas (optional)
- Lime wedges
- Cilantro , roughly chopped
- Chili pepper , sliced
- Cut tofu in half, wrap in brown paper towel and place on a plate covered with a heavy pot to press some moisture out. Leave 5 minutes and repeat once more. Remove brown paper towel from tofu and discard.
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce and sesame oil and pour over tofu in a shallow dish and leave 10 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Remove tofu from soy sauce/sesame oil mixture and grill for 5 minutes on each side. Cut into small cubes and lay to one side for later. Reserve marinade.Note: If you don't have a pan with grills, you can totally use a regular pan here.
Zucchini Noodle Curry Coconut Soup
- Heat coconut oil in a pot or Dutch oven over medium-low heat.
- Once coconut oil is melted, cook shallot until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, curry powder, chili flakes, salt and pepper and cook 1 minute.
- To mixture, add coconut milk, veggie broth, mushrooms, bell pepper and reserved marinade.
- Bring to low simmer and cook 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook 2 minutes more. Add baby spinach and cook about 1 minute until just wilted. Portion into bowls and garnish as desired. Enjoy!
- This curry coconut soup comes together quite quickly, so I would suggest having all your ingredients prepped before starting cooking.
Nutrition (ESTIMATE ONLY)
Nutrition estimate (if provided) is based on 1 serving.
Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are guidelines only.