Epic Mediterranean dip anyone? With a rich, creamy, garlicky white bean base and fresh, flavourful toppings, this easy white bean dip is a yummy snack you can feel good about!
I don’t know about you, but I legit make bean dips every other week, if not every week. No joke.
They take about 10 minutes to whip up and they always hit the spot.
When I’m not in the mood to cook after all week, an easy bean dip recipe with some chips or veggie sticks is the way to go!
Plus, it’s pretty inexpensive. I bought a can of beans for less than a buck and I always have the other ingredients on hand.
What’s not to love?
This Mediterranean dip is a different twist on the black bean dip I made a little while back. Basically, the base is:
- Canned navy beans
- Greek yogurt
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
How To Make White Bean Dip
Place the dip ingredients into a food processor.
Process until everything is combined and creamy.
Transfer the white bean dip to serving dish and garnish if you like. Full details are in the recipe card below.
How to Garnish This Bean Dip
Once the base is done, you can garnish to your heart’s content! There is no right or wrong way here. Use what you have on hand! And, if you want to enjoy the dip as is (without any garnish), that is perfectly fine.
Keeping with the Mediterranean or Greek dip theme I used those type of ingredients. Some that I really enjoy:
- Chopped grape tomatoes
- Diced cucumber
- Sliced black olives
- Crumbled feta
- Chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Diced bell pepper
- Chopped marinated artichoke hearts (or a fire roasted version)
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Crushed red pepper flakes or minced fresh chili pepper
- Drizzle of olive oil
What To Serve With This Dip
It makes for such a pretty presentation to serve this white bean dip with veggie sticks, like:
- Red or green bell pepper, sliced
- Sliced cucumber
- Celery sticks
- Carrot sticks
However, you can never go wrong with crackers or chips!
Tips and Variations
- Like things more garlicky or spicy? Add a little more!
- I used canned white navy beans, but you could totally use canned white kidney beans (also known as cannellini beans).
- Blend in some baby spinach or baby arugula instead of parsley for a slightly different flavour.
More Yummy Dip Recipes
If you make this easy white bean dip, be sure to leave a comment below!
Mediterranean White Bean Dip
- 1 (19-ounce) can no salt added white navy beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- small bunch parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, from about 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Garnish Ideas (optional)
- Marinated artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- Black olives, pitted and sliced
- Sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and roughly chopped
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Green bell pepper or red bell pepper, diced
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- To a food processor, add beans, Greek yogurt, lemon, parsley, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper, oregano garlic and olive oil. Process until smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes (stopping as necessary to scrape sides of processor with a rubber spatula).
- Transfer dip to a serving bowl and garnish to taste (if desired) with any of the garnish ideas or enjoy as is. Serve with chips or veggies. Enjoy!Note: Enjoy immediately or properly store in an airtight container in your refrigerator and enjoy within 3 to 4 days. Dip will firm up a tad in the fridge and will soften when removed for about 10 minutes.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.
© Girl Heart Food Inc. Photographs and content are copyright protected.
Tried this recipe?
If you do make this recipe, thank you!! It would mean so much if you could leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed it, and it helps other readers too!