Epic Mediterranean dip anyone?? With a rich, creamy, garlicky white bean base and topped with Greek flavours, this easy white bean dip is healthy snacking you can feel good about!
I don’t know about you, but I legit make bean dips every other week, if not every week. For reals.
They take about 10 minutes to whip up and they always hit the spot.
When I’m not in the mood to cook after all week, an easy bean dip recipe with some chips or veggie sticks is the way to go!
Plus, it’s super inexpensive. I bought a can of unsalted beans for less than a buck and I always have the other ingredients on hand.
What’s not to love??
This Mediterranean dip is a riff of a black bean dip recipe I made a while back. Basically, the base is –
- Beans (use navy beans or cannellini/white kidney beans)
- Greek yogurt
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
How to Make White Bean Dip
Throw the base of your dip (ingredients above) in a food processor…
Cover and blend until creamy…
Pour into a serving dish (and garnish, if you like).
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
How to Garnish this Bean Dip
Once the base is done, you can garnish to your heart’s content! There is no right or wrong way here. Use what you have on hand!
Keeping with the Mediterranean or Greek dip theme I used those type of ingredients. Some that I really enjoy –
- Grape tomatoes
- Black olives
- Crumbled feta
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Bell pepper
- Artichokes (or a fire roasted version)
- Chili flakes are minced fresh chili
- Drizzle of olive oil
What to Serve With This Dip
It makes for such a pretty presentation to serve this healthy white bean dip with veggie sticks, like
- Red or green bell pepper, sliced
- Sliced cucumber
- Carrot sticks
However, you can never go wrong with crackers or chips!
How Long Does This Dip Keep?
If you’re in our home, 1 day, lol.
Seriously, dip will keep in the fridge, covered, for about 3-4 days.
Variations You May Enjoy
I used white navy beans, but you could totally use white kidney beans (also known as cannellini beans)
Greek yogurt was used to add liquid to loosen and to make creamy. Want to leave out for a vegan white bean dip? You totally can! Just add a little veg stock or water instead. Alternatively, use a vegan yogurt.
Blend in some baby spinach or baby arugula instead of parsley
Like things more garlicky or spicy? Add a little more!
Other Healthy Dip Recipes you May Enjoy
- Roasted Garlic Hummus – With plenty of roasted garlic, this flavourful dip is delicious!
- Beet Cashew Dip – This plant based dip is creamy, rich and so vibrant.
- Baba Ganoush Roasted Eggplant Dip from My Wife Can Cook
- Vegan Chickpea and Eggplant Dip with Dill Pesto from Imagelicious
- Zucchini Hummus from The Fit Cookie
Hope you love this easy white bean dip recipe as much as we do!
Until next time, take care and chit chat again soon!
Make this Mediterranean dip? That’s awesome! Love it if you left a comment and rating below. Many thanks!
Mediterranean White Bean Dip
- 19 ounce can unsalted white navy beans , rinsed & drained (or white kidney/cannellini beans)
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- small bunch parsley
- 1 lemon , juiced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes (or 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder or 1 minced Thai chili pepper)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- artichokes , roughly chopped (to taste)
- black olives , pitted and sliced (to taste)
- sun-dried tomatoes , roughly chopped (to taste)
- cherry tomatoes , halved (to taste)
- green pepper or red pepper , diced (to taste)
- feta cheese , crumbled (to taste)
- parsley , roughly chopped (to taste)
- In a food processor add beans, yogurt, lemon, parsley, chili flakes, salt, pepper, oregano garlic and olive oil. Blend until smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour dip into a bowl and garnish as desired. Dip will firm up a tad in the fridge and will soften when removed for about 10 minutes. Serve with your favourite chips or veggies. Enjoy!