These easy baked coffee donuts are made with espresso powder and topped with an easy chocolate peanut butter glaze. They’re fluffy, delicious and so much better than store-bought!
Let’s start off Monday with baked coffee donuts!
Making donuts at home is super easy and satisfying (especially when you bite into one).
Once you make donuts at home, there’s no turning back. You totally get to enjoy your favourite cuppa and one (or two) of these donuts while staying home in your cozy clothes! Sounds good, right?
What’s your favourite type of donut?
I know, how could you possibly have one answer for that question?
How To Make Baked Coffee Donuts
Full details on how to make these baked donuts are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics:
Once you’ve mixed up your donut batter, pipe or spoon into a greased donut pan and bake.
After your donuts have completely cooled, you can glaze them!
Place them on a wire rack.
Add some crushed peanuts for extra flavour and some texture!
Tips for Making This Recipe
- Allow donuts to fully cool before glazing!
- If you don’t want to use crushed peanuts, try shaved chocolate or sprinkles instead.
- These baked donuts are best enjoyed when they’re freshly made for optimal freshness.
Hope you love this easy baked donut recipe as much as we do! It’s a favourite around here!
And if you’re looking for an extra indulgent treat, try with a mug of homemade hot chocolate!
If you make these coffee donuts, be sure to leave a comment below!
Coffee Donuts (With Peanut Butter Chocolate Glaze)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1.5 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- ¼ cup melted unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup buttermilk, or milk
- 1 large egg
- baking spray , for greasing pan
Peanut Butter Chocolate Glaze
- 1 tablespoon smooth natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2.5 tablespoons icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk, I used 2% milk fat
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and instant espresso powder. Set aside.
- To flour mixture, add melted butter and buttermilk (or milk) and mix using a hand mixer (or simply a whisk) until combined. Add egg and mix until just combined.
- Spray a 6-count donut pan with baking spray and distribute batter evenly into it (spoon or pipe in).
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until a wooden toothpick or cake tester inserted in the donuts comes out clean. Don't overbake.
- Let donuts cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing. Allow to fully cool on a cooling rack before glazing
- Once donuts are completely cool, invert donuts into glaze, one at a time, and place on a cooling rack. Sprinkle peanuts over top. Serve and enjoy!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Glaze
- In a small food processor, combine all ingredients and process until combined and smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes. Pour into a bowl.
Nutrition estimate (if provided) is based on 1 Serving.
Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are guidelines only.
Tried this recipe?
If you do make this recipe, thank you!! It would mean so much if you could leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed it, and it helps other readers too!