These easy baked coffee donuts are made with espresso powder and topped with an easy chocolate peanut butter glaze. They’re fluffy, delicious and so much better than store-bought!
Let’s start off Monday with baked coffee donuts!
Making donuts at home is super easy and satisfying (especially when you bite into one).
Once you make donuts at home, there’s no turning back. You totally get to enjoy your favourite cuppa and one (or two) of these donuts while staying home in your cozy clothes! Sounds good, right?
What’s your favourite type of donut?
I know…how could you possibly have one answer for that question?!
How To Make Baked Coffee Donuts
Full details on how to make these baked donuts are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics:
Once you’ve mixed up your donut batter, pipe or spoon into a prepared donut pan and bake.
After your donuts have completely cooled, you can glaze ’em!
Place them on a wire rack.
Add some crushed peanuts for extra flavour and some texture!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
Allow donuts to fully cool before glazing!
If you don’t want to use crushed peanuts, try shaved chocolate or sprinkles instead.
These baked donuts are best enjoyed when they’re freshly made for optimal freshness.
Hope you love this easy baked donut recipe as much as we do!
And if you’re looking for an extra indulgent treat, try with a mug of homemade hot chocolate!
If you make these coffee donuts, be sure to leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed! Thank you!
Coffee Donuts (with chocolate peanut butter glaze)
- 1 cup all purpose flour , sifted
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1.5 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- ¼ cup melted unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup buttermilk (or milk)
- 1 large egg
- baking spray or butter (for greasing pan)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Glaze
- 1 tablespoon smooth natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter , softened to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2.5 tablespoons icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk (I used 2% milk fat)
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons nuts , chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. In a bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and instant espresso powder. Stir to combine and lay to one side.
- To flour mixture add melted butter and buttermilk (or milk) and mix using hand mixer for about 30 seconds to one minute. Add egg and mix until just combined.
- Spray 6-unit donut pan with baking spray and distribute batter evenly (spoon or pipe in). Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until they're baked through. They're done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean of wet batter. Don't over bake.
- Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes before removing. Allow to fully cool on a wire rack before glazing
Chocolate Peanut Butter Glaze
- In a small food processor combine all ingredients and blend until combined and smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes. Pour into bowl. Invert donuts into glaze, one at a time, and place on a rack and sprinkle with nuts. Enjoy!
Nutrition (ESTIMATE ONLY)
Nutrition estimate (if provided) is based on 1 serving.
Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are guidelines only.