Noodles, a homemade peanut sauce and plenty of veggies make this peanut noodles recipe a super satisfying meal that you’ll want to enjoy again and again! Peanut butter noodles never tasted so good!
Today I’m sharing a super delicious, ultra-satisfying peanut noodles recipe that you’re gonna love!
This one is jam-packed with fresh flavours from crunchy veggies, carby noodles all coated in a super savoury, slightly spicy, peanut sauce.
It’s so good, you may wanna forget plates and devour straight out of the pan (like me)!
And if you happen to get peanut sauce all over your face? No worries! That means that it tastes extra yummy if you ask me!
How To Make Peanut Noodles
Full details on how to make these peanut noodles are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics:
- Combine the peanut sauce ingredients in a jar.
- Give everything a little blend with an immersion blender (or use a regular blender).
- Pour into a small saucepan and just heat through for a few minutes.
- Cook and drain noodles according to package instructions (reserving some pasta water). Give them a little rinse under cold water and drain.
- In a pot or bowl, toss noodles with veggies.
- Pour over the peanut sauce, mixing to combine.
Tip: This is pretty much a cold noodle salad. The noodles are rinsed and the sauce is only slightly warmed through. If you want to enjoy things on the warmer side, you can skip rinsing the noodles.
What Type of Noodle Should I Use?
This recipe is super flexible! Use what you have on hand. Some delicious options are:
- Pasta, such as spaghetti, angel hair or linguine
- Instant ramen noodles (use the noodles only, not the flavour packet that typically comes with it)
- Soba noodles
- Zucchini noodles (zoodles) or your favourite spiralized veggie
Can I Use Another Nut Butter?
The main thing is that you use natural butter, meaning one that is not sweetened.
Can I Add Protein?
For sure! These peanut noodles are delicious as they are. However, cubed tofu (even grilled) works great here or you can use cooked chicken, beef, or shrimp. Whatever you enjoy best, really.
Yummy Veggie Add-Ins
- Bean sprouts
- Steamed snap peas
Tips and Variations
- Two tablespoons of sriracha is used in the peanut sauce and a fresh chili pepper was mixed into the noodles. If you prefer less spice, simply reduce the spice added. Alternatively, if you are a big spice lover, add more!
- If you don’t have fresh chili, try red chili flakes instead.
- The broccoli is steamed, but if you prefer to enjoy raw, go for it!
- Don’t have purple cabbage on hand? Try green.
- This recipe makes a bunch. If you want to half, it can easily be done.
- Want things saucier? Make more sauce or reduce the quantity of noodles used.
- If you like more (or less) of a particular veggie, simply adjust to taste.
More Yummy Recipes
If you make this spicy peanut noodles recipe, be sure to leave a comment below!
Peanut Noodles Recipe (With Lots of Veggies)
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ¾ cup low sodium vegetable broth
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, from about ½ a lime
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
Noodles and Veggies
- 12 ounces spaghetti (or similar long noodle), rice noodles, soba noodles or instant noodles, about ¾ pound or 340 grams
- 2 cups steamed broccoli florets
- 2 cups thinly shredded purple or green cabbage
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, cut into thin strips
Garnish Ideas (optional)
- Chili pepper, thinly sliced
- Green onion, chopped
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sesame seeds
- Unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- To make the peanut sauce, combine peanut butter, vegetable broth, soy sauce, sriracha, maple syrup, lime juice, sesame oil, garlic and fresh ginger in a mixing glass or mixing bowl and use an immersion blender to blend until smooth (or use a blender or small food processor to mix). Pour into a small saucepan over medium-low heat and warm through, about 3 to 5 minutes. Sauce will thicken slightly once warmed. Set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water, then drain the noodles. Rinse with cold water, then drain again.
- In the same pot you cooked your noodles in (or use a large bowl), toss noodles with steamed broccoli florets, cabbage, carrot, bell pepper, and peanut sauce (add sauce a little at a time until incorporated) and ¼ cup of pasta water (add more if you want things looser, thinner or saucier).
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish to taste (if desired) with any of the garnish ideas. Enjoy immediately.Note: If you want things super saucy, you can use less noodles or make 1.5 times the sauce.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.
© Girl Heart Food Inc. Photographs and content are copyright protected.
Tried this recipe?
If you do make this recipe, thank you!! It would mean so much if you could leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed it, and it helps other readers too!