Noodles, a homemade peanut sauce and plenty of veggies make this peanut noodles recipe a super satisfying meal that you’ll want to enjoy again and again! Peanut butter noodles never tasted so good!
Today I’m sharing a super delicious, ultra-satisfying peanut noodles recipe that you’re gonna love!
This one is popping with fresh flavours from crunchy veggies, carby noodles all coated in a super savoury, slightly spicy, peanut sauce.
It’s so good, you may wanna forget plates and devour straight out of the pan (like me!)
And if you happen to get peanut sauce all over your face? No worries! That means that it tastes extra yummy if you ask me!
How to Make Peanut Noodles
Full details on how to make these vegan peanut noodles are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics:
- Combine ingredients for peanut sauce in a jar.
- Give everything a little blitz with an immersion blender (or use a regular blender).
- Pour into a small pot and just heat through for a few minutes.
- Cook and drain noodles per package instructions (reserving some pasta water). Give ’em a little rinse under cold water and drain.
- Toss noodles with veggies.
- Pour over peanut sauce, mixing to combine.
Tip: This is pretty much a cold noodle salad. The noodles are rinsed and the sauce is only slightly warmed through. If you want to enjoy things on the warmer side, you can skip rinsing the noodles.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
What Type of Noodle Should I Use?
This recipe is super flexible! Use what you have on hand. Some delicious options are:
- Spaghetti, angel hair or linguine
- Soba noodles
- Zucchini noodles (zoodles) or your favourite spiralized veggie
Can I Use Another Nut Butter?
The main thing is that you use ‘natural’ butter, i.e. one that is not sweetened.
Can I Add Protein?
For sure! These peanut noodles are delicious as they are. However, cubed tofu (even grilled) works great here or you can use cooked chicken, beef, or shrimp. Whatever you enjoy best, really.
- Bean sprouts
- Steamed snap peas
- Freshly torn basil
More Tips & Variations
Two tablespoons of sriracha is used in the peanut sauce and a fresh chili pepper was mixed into the noodles. If you prefer less spice, simply reduce the spice added. Alternatively, if you are a big spice lover, add more!
Try sambal oelek (chili paste/sauce) instead of sriracha if that’s what you have on hand.
If you don’t have fresh chili, try red chili flakes instead.
The broccoli is steamed, but if you prefer to enjoy raw, go for it!
Don’t have purple cabbage on hand? Try green.
This recipe makes a bunch. If you want to half, it can easily be done.
Want things saucier? Make more sauce or reduce the quantity of noodles used.
If you like more (or less) of a particular veggie, simply adjust to taste.
Looking for something to enjoy with these peanut noodles? This garlic chili edamame recipe from Kevin Is Cooking is always a favourite in our home!
Hope you love these vegan peanut noodles as much as we do!
Did you make this spicy peanut noodles recipe? That’s awesome! Love if you leave a comment below.
Peanut Noodles Recipe (with vegan peanut sauce)
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ¾ cup unsalted vegetable broth
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic , peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger , minced
- 12 ounces spaghetti (or long noodle), rice noodles, soba noodles or ramen (about ¾ pound or 340 grams)
- 2 cups steamed broccoli florets
- 2 cups purple or green cabbage , thinly shredded
- 1 large carrot , thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper , cut into thin strips
Garnish Ideas (optional)
- 1 Chili pepper , thinly sliced
- Green onion , chopped
- Fresh cilantro , chopped
- Sesame seeds
- Unsalted peanuts , roughly chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass or bowl and use an immersion blender to blend until smooth (or use a blender or small food processor to mix).
- Pour into a small pot over medium-low heat and warm through, about 3 to 5 minutes. Will thicken slightly once warmed.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles per package instructions, then drain (reserve ½ cup of pasta water) and rinse with cold water.
- Toss noodles with veggies, peanut sauce (add sauce a little at a time until incorporated) and ¼ cup of pasta water (add more if you want things looser, thinner or saucier). Garnish (as desired). Enjoy immediately.Note: If you want things super saucy, you can use less noodles or make 1.5 times the sauce.
- Two tablespoons of sriracha is used in the peanut sauce and a fresh chili pepper was mixed into the noodles. If you prefer less spice, simply reduce the spice added. Alternatively, if you are a big spice lover, add more!
- Try sambal oelek (chili paste/sauce) instead of sriracha if that’s what you have on hand.
- If you don’t have fresh chili pepper, try red chili flakes instead.
- The broccoli is steamed, but if you prefer to enjoy raw, go for it!
- Don’t have purple cabbage on hand? Try green.
- This recipe makes a bunch. If you want to half, it can easily be done.
- Want things saucier? Make more sauce or reduce the quantity of noodles used.
- If you like more (or less) of a particular veggie, simply adjust to taste.
Nutrition (ESTIMATE ONLY)
Nutrition estimate (if provided) is based on 1 serving.
Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are guidelines only.