This easy peach muffin recipe will be your go to when you’re looking for a delicious way to enjoy those summer peaches! They’re packed with sweet, juicy peach and naturally sweetened with honey. Perfect for breakfast or that mid-afternoon snack!
Hi everyone! Enjoying the summer so far? Have you eaten a fresh peach over the sink yet? You know when it’s so juicy that there’s no other way to eat it? That’s summer right there, don’t ya think?
Besides eating them as they are, I love incorporating peaches into other things, like these peach muffins.
How To Make This Peach Muffin Recipe
Full details are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics:
- Prepare the muffin pan by lining with muffin liners and spraying with baking spray. Preheat your oven at this time too.
- Next, place all purpose flour in a bowl, along with whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, blend honey with butter until combined. blend in vanilla extract.
- Next, blend in eggs (one at a time) until just combined.
- Blend in half of your reserved flour mixture, alternating with milk.
- Add freshly diced peach. You can mix in with blender or stir in with a spatula.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin pan (I like to use an ice cream scoop) and sprinkle with some oats, if you like!
- Bake and cool slightly before enjoying.
They bake up beautifully!
Other Ways To Use Fresh Peach
- Enjoy as is, of course! So good!
- In a smoothie
- Dice up over a salad
- Grill peach slices to have with vanilla ice cream
- Make a seasonal salsa
- Ice cream
Tips for Making This Recipe
- I didn’t peel the peaches, but you could totally do that if you prefer. This is how to peel peaches.
- Half all purpose flour and half whole wheat flour was used, but you could use just all-purpose if you like.
- To soften butter (that has just come out of the refrigerator) quickly, cut into small squares and place on a plate, in one layer. Let sit at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes or so until softened.
More Easy Muffin Recipes
- Blueberry Muffins With Yogurt
- Cranberry Orange Muffins With Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
If you make this fresh peach muffin recipe, be sure to leave a comment below!
Peach Muffin Recipe
- Baking spray, for greasing muffin liners
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup skim milk
- 1.5 cups freshly diced peach, small dice
- ¼ cup rolled oats, to top muffins (a teaspoon per muffin)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for use later. Line a standard 12-count muffin pan with muffin liners and spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together both flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or using a mixing bowl with a hand mixer) on medium-high speed, blend together butter and honey until combined and creamy, about 1 to 2 minutes (stop to scrape sides of bowl, as necessary, with a rubber spatula).
- Add vanilla extract and blend 30 seconds. Reduce speed and add eggs, one at a time, blending in until just combined.
- Alternating between the flour mixture and milk, add to mixer and blend until just combined.
- Blend in the diced peach just until it's incorporated into the batter.
- Distribute the batter among prepared muffin liners and top each muffin with a little sprinkling of oats.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until a wooden toothpick or cake tester inserted in the centre of the muffins comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for about 10 minutes in the pan before removing to further cool on a cooling rack. Enjoy!
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.
Tried this recipe?
If you do make this recipe, thank you!! It would mean so much if you could leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed it, and it helps other readers too!