This easy peach muffin recipe will be your go to when you’re looking for a delicious way to enjoy those summer peaches! They’re packed with sweet, juicy peach and naturally sweetened with honey. Perfect for breakfast or that mid afternoon snack!
Hey everyone! Enjoying the summer so far? Have you eaten a fresh peach over the sink yet? You know when it’s so juicy that there’s no other way to eat it? That’s summer right there, don’t ya think?
Besides eating them as they are, I love incorporating peaches into other things, like these peach muffins.
How to Make this Peach Muffin Recipe
Full details are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics –
- Prepare muffin pan by lining with muffin liners and spraying with baking spray. Preheat your oven at this time too.
- Next, place all purpose flour in a bowl.
- Add whole wheat flour.
- Then, mix in baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Lay to one side for later.
- Blend honey with butter until combined.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Next, mix in eggs (one at a time) until just combined.
- Blend in half of your reserved flour mixture…
- Alternating with milk.
- Add freshly diced peach. You can mix in with blender or stir in with a spatula.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin pan (I like to use an ice-cream scoop) and sprinkle with some oats, if you like! Bake, cool slightly and enjoy!
Other Ways to Use Fresh Peach
- Enjoy as is, of course! So good!
- Throw ’em in a smoothie
- Dice up over a salad
- Grill peach slices to have with vanilla ice-cream
- Make a seasonal salsa
- Ice cream, like this delicious homemade peach ice-cream from Jennifer over at Seasons & Suppers
More Recipe Tips
I didn’t peel the peaches, but you could totally do that if you prefer. Taste of Home has a great guide to peel peaches.
Half all purpose flour and half whole wheat flour was used, but you could use just all purpose if you like.
To soften butter (that has just come out of the refrigerator) quickly, cut into small squares and place on a plate, in one layer. Let sit at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes or so until softened.
Like this Easy Muffin Recipe? You May Enjoy These Too
Hope you love this peach muffin recipe as much as we do!
Until next time, take care and chit chat again soon,
Make these fresh peach muffins? That’s awesome! Love it if you left a comment below. Many thanks!
Fresh Peach Muffins (naturally sweetened)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1.5 cups freshly diced peach
- baking spray (for greasing muffin liners)
- oats (to top muffins, about a teaspoon per muffin, optional)
- Line standard 12-count muffin tin with liners and spray with baking spray and lay to one side. At this time, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl combine both flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine and lay to one side.
- In a stand mixer or bowl (and using a hand mixer) combine butter and honey. Mix on medium until combined and creamy, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla and mix 30 seconds. Add eggs, one at a time, until just combined.
- Alternating between flour mixture and milk, add to mixer and mix until just combined.
- Mix in peach using stand mixer or stir in with a spatula.
- Distribute mixture among prepared muffin liners and top each muffin with a little sprinkling of oats (optional). Bake for 18 minutes or until wooden skewer comes out clean when inserted. Let cook in muffin pan for about 10 minutes before removing to further cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!