Rich chocolate flavour, super creamy and unbelievably easy to whip up, these Chocolate Mint Avocado Pudding Tarts make for a delicious dessert the whole family will love!
Chocolate Mint Avocado Pudding Tarts – an Easy Holiday Dessert
So, you may be thinking ‘avocado in pudding, Dawn?’ Ummm, no thanks.’
Seriously, you guys, this is really good.
I wouldn’t steer you wrong.
You know how avocado is super creamy? How it makes guacamole so dreamy and delish?
Well, it does the same kinda thing for this pudding.
You don’t taste the avocado; it just lends itself to the lush texture.
Plus, it comes together in MINUTES!!! What are ya waiting for 😉 ??
How to Make Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- Melt chocolate chips via a double boiler (or in the microwave, using 30 second intervals). Lay to one side.
- In a food processor add avocado, cocoa powder, almond milk, maple syrup, peppermint extract and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate to processor and blend until combined.
- Use in tarts or enjoy as is.
For this recipe, I used pre-baked pastry tarts (how convenient are those?) and topped with crushed candy cane, shaved chocolate and fresh mint (after all, it is the holidays so why not go all out?)
This avocado pudding is so creamy, you’d be tempted to enjoy straight from the processor.
Not that I’d ever do that.
That’s not true.
You know I would 😀
Another way to enjoy this chocolate mint avocado pudding is to layer in small jars with whipped cream. If you aren’t using the tart shells, this recipe yields enough pudding for four people.
Tips for Making this Avocado Pudding Recipe
- I used two avocados, each about 5 ounces (which is pretty much standard size). If your avocados are larger or smaller, you may need to adjust the amount of milk you add to get your desired consistency.
- Speaking of avocados, you want ripe avocados, not rock hard.
- Chocolate almond milk was used here to really amp up the chocolate flavour. You can use regular chocolate milk or even vanilla almond milk in a pinch.
- Dark chocolate chips were used, but milk would work too. Want to keep this avocado pudding vegan? Use vegan chocolate & keep with the almond milk.
- Don’t want chocolate mint flavour? Omit the peppermint extract and replace with vanilla extract.
- These are best made and enjoyed the day of (while the baked tart shells are fresh and crispy). If making ahead, I recommend not filling the tart shells until before serving. Also, garnish before serving. Otherwise, the candy cane will ‘melt’ into the pudding and the mint leaf will wilt (ain’t nobody got time for that).
Other Easy Holiday Desserts you May Enjoy
- Gingerbread Cake
- Chocolate Shortbread Cookies with Dark Chocolate, Cranberries & Walnuts
- Christmas Shortbread Cookies with White Chocolate and Candy Cane
- No Bake Peppermint Chocolate Snack Bites
Hope you’ve enjoyed these chocolate mint avocado pudding tarts as much as I do!
Until next time, take care and chit chat again soon 🙂
P.S. If you think these chocolate mint avocado pudding tarts will make your belly happy too, please be sure to hit that little Pin button. Many thanks, you guys! XO
Chocolate Mint Avocado Pudding Tarts
- 12 tart shell -baked per package instructions
- 2 ripe avocados -about 5 ounce each
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate almond milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup -or to taste
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup melted dark chocolate chips -see note below
- crushed candy cane
- shaved chocolate
- fresh mint leaves
- Bake pastry tarts per package instructions. Lay to one side.
- Meanwhile, add avocado, cocoa powder, almond milk, maple syrup, peppermint extract and salt to processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate to processor and blend.
- Fill tarts with avocado pudding (about a generous 1.5 tbsp each). Garnish with crushed candy cane, chocolate and mint if desired. Enjoy!