Rich chocolate flavour, super creamy and unbelievably easy to whip up, these chocolate mint avocado pudding tarts make for a delicious dessert that’s perfect for the holidays!
So, you may be thinking avocado in pudding is kinda odd, but it totally works!
Seriously, this is really good.
I wouldn’t steer you wrong.
You know how avocado is super creamy? How it makes guacamole so dreamy and delicious?
Well, it does the same kinda thing for this pudding.
You don’t taste the avocado; it just lends itself to the lush texture.
Plus, it comes together in minutes! What are ya waiting for?
Fan of chocolate mint? Check out this chocolate peppermint cake!
How To Make Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Full details are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics:
- Melt chocolate chips via a double boiler (or in the microwave, using 30 second intervals). Set aside.
- In a food processor add avocado, cocoa powder, almond milk, maple syrup, peppermint extract and salt.
- Process until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate to processor and process until combined. Then use in tarts or enjoy as is.
Assembling the Tarts
For this recipe, I used store-bought pastry tarts (how convenient are those?) and topped with crushed candy cane, shaved chocolate and fresh mint (after all, it is the holidays so why not go all out?)
This avocado pudding is so creamy, you’d be tempted to enjoy straight from the processor.
Not that I’d ever do that.
That’s not true.
You know I would, LOL.
So, after your tart shells are baked, load them up with the chocolate avocado pudding and garnish to your heart’s content!
By the way, another way to enjoy this chocolate mint avocado pudding is to layer in small jars with whipped cream. If you aren’t using the tart shells, there should be enough chocolate avocado pudding for four people.
Tips for Making This Recipe
- I used two avocados, each about 5 ounces (which is pretty much standard size). If your avocados are larger or smaller, you may need to adjust the amount of milk you add to get your desired consistency.
- You want ripe avocados, not rock hard.
- Chocolate almond milk was used here to really amp up the chocolate flavour. You can use regular chocolate milk or even vanilla almond milk in a pinch.
- Dark chocolate chips were used, but milk chocolate would work instead.
- Don’t want chocolate mint flavour? Omit the peppermint extract and replace with vanilla extract.
More Easy Holiday Desserts
If you make these chocolate mint avocado pudding tarts, be sure to leave a comment below!
Chocolate Mint Avocado Pudding Tarts
- 12 small tart shells
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted and peeled (about 5 ounces each)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup chocolate almond milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- pinch salt
- ¼ cup melted dark chocolate chips
Garnish Ideas (optional)
- Crushed candy cane
- Shaved chocolate
- Fresh mint leaves
- Bake pastry tarts according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place avocado, cocoa powder, almond milk, maple syrup, peppermint extract and salt into a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate to processor and process again until combined.
- Fill tarts with avocado pudding (about a generous 1.5 tablespoons each). Garnish to taste (if desired) with crushed candy cane, chocolate and mint. Serve and enjoy!Note: The quantity of tarts you yield may vary, depending on the size you use.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.
© Girl Heart Food Inc. Photographs and content are copyright protected.
Tried this recipe?
If you do make this recipe, thank you!! It would mean so much if you could leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed it, and it helps other readers too!