These no bake peppermint chocolate snack bites are like little bites of holiday goodness! They’re the perfect little treat for yourself, Santa or for gifting. Did I mention, they take less than 10 minutes to prepare? Let’s make ’em!
Hi! How was your weekend? Did it fly by in a hot minute?
We planned on putting our tree up, but nixed that idea until next weekend. But, it has to go up then.
After that, we are full steam ahead with holiday get-togethers and parties.
To me, a big part of the holidays is the whole ‘getting ready’ part, don’t ya think?
All of the excitement, preparing and anticipation of what’s to come gets me all giddy. Last week, I was feeling a little meh about the holidays, but I’m starting to get more and more in the mood for it!
Easy Homemade No Bake Snack Bites
To make these peppermint chocolate snack bites, your food processor is your best friend! I use mine on the regular so it’s pretty much taken up a permanent space on our counter.
Basically, you place the oats in the processor and blend until it has a flour-like texture, add the remaining ingredients, form into balls, refrigerate for a bit and dig it (full details are in the recipe card below). If you can’t wait for the whole ‘refrigerate process’ that’s completely fine, but I like how they firm up a bit in the fridge.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
Easy Homemade Hostess Gift for the Holidays
These are perfect to whip up as homemade foodie gifts this holiday season (or would even make a lovely hostess gift). Wrap up a bunch in pretty packaging and way to go!
I dare ya to eat just one! They disappeared really fast in our home. What’s your favourite thing to make for the holidays?
If you need more holiday inspiration, check out my wicked easy homemade hot chocolate.
If you make these no bake chocolate peppermint balls, be sure to leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed! Thank you!
No Bake Peppermint Chocolate Energy Bites
- 1.5 cups oats (use gluten-free oats, if desired)
- ½ cup good quality cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil , melted
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- 2.5 tablespoons crushed candy cane , finely crushed
- In a food processor, blend oats until finely processed. Stop and add cocoa powder and salt and blend until combined.
- Stop and add add coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, peppermint extract and blend a minute or so until combined.
- Stop and add chocolate chips and white chocolate chips and pulse a few times until incorporated, but still pieces of chocolate chips. Stop and add crushed candy cane and pulse a couple of times.
- About a tablespoon or so for each energy bite, roll into balls and place on wax paper lined sheet. You can enjoy these right away, but they're best when refrigerated for 30 minutes to an hour. Properly store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy within a week.Note: They will be firm coming straight out of the fridge (which is okay), but if you want to wait until they've softened a bit, wait 10 minutes before enjoying.
Nutrition (ESTIMATE ONLY)
Nutrition estimate (if provided) is based on 1 serving.
Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are guidelines only.