Little bites of holiday goodness – enter No Bake Peppermint Chocolate Snack Bites ! They’re the perfect little treat for yourself, Santa or for gifting. Did I mention, they take less than 10 minutes to prepare? Let’s make ’em!
Hiiiiii! How was your weekend? Did it fly by in a hot minute? We planned on putting our tree up, but nixed that idea until next weekend. But, it has to go up then. After that, we are full steam ahead with holiday get-togethers and parties. To me, a big part of the holidays is the whole ‘getting ready’ part….don’t ya think? All of the excitement, preparing and anticipation of what’s to come gets me all giddy. Last week, I was feeling a little meh about the holidays, but I’m starting to get more and more in the mood for it! Baking certainly puts a little pep in my step.
Easy Homemade No Bake Snack Bites
To make these No Bake Peppermint Chocolate Snack Bites, your food processor is your BFF! I use mine on the regular so it’s pretty much taken up a permanent space on our counter.
So, you throw the oats in the processor and blitz until it has a flour-like texture, add the remaining ingredients, form into balls, refrigerate for a bit and dig it! If you can’t wait for the whole ‘refrigerate process’ that’s completely fine, but I like how they firm up a bit in the fridge.
Easy Homemade Hostess Gift for the Holidays
These are perfect to whip up as homemade foodie gifts this holiday season (or would even make a lovely hostess gift). Wrap up a bunch in pretty packaging and way to go!
I dare ya to eat just one! They disappeared really fast in our home….another batch is comin’ 😉 What’s your favourite thing to make for the holidays?
Until next time, take care and chit chat again soon 🙂
P.S. If you need more holiday inspiration, check out my wicked easy Homemade Hot Chocolate.
P.P.S If you think these No Bake Peppermint Chocolate Snack Bites will make your belly happy too, please be sure to hit that little Pin button. Many thanks, you guys! XO
No Bake Peppermint Chocolate Energy Bites
- 1.5 cups oats
- 1/2 cup good quality cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt -I used sea salt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil -melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 tbsp semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp white chocolate chips
- 2.5 tbsp crushed candy cane -finely crushed
- In a good processor blend oats until finely processed. Add cocoa powder and salt and blend until combined.
- To food processor add coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, peppermint extract and blend a minute or so until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and white chocolate chips and pulse a few times until incorporated, but still pieces of chocolate chips. Add crushed candy cane and pulse a couple of times.
- About a tablespoon or so for each energy bite, roll into balls and place on wax paper lined sheet. Can enjoy right away, but best when refrigerated for 30 minutes to an hour. Store in refrigerator. Note: They will be firm coming straight out of the fridge (which is ok, but if you want to wait until they come to room temp a bit, wait 10 minutes before enjoying).
Nutrition (estimate only)