These Triple Berry Ice Pops are made with only 6 ingredients and are loaded with berry flavour. There’s not one, not two, but three types of berries in this beauty along with a touch of light cream cheese, some lemon juice to brighten and honey to sweeten. And because of all those yummy berries, these pops are antioxidant rich. They’re going to be your go-to treat when you want to cool down this summer.
Hey friends! How was your weekend? We finally got some warm weather around here so woot woot for that (though it did rain on Saturday – can’t have it all, can ya?) Now, all I want to do is go outside, grill and chill.
I’ve partnered with fellow food blogger friends and we are bringing you all kinds of delicious pops for a whole week of treats. How cool is that? So be sure to check them all out on the Popsicle Week page. Today I was going to bring you another flavour of pop, but that went a bit pear shaped so onwards and upwards I say. They will come later, just not today. But, no worries, these Triple Berry Pops are oh-so-good and just look at that colour. Isn’t it so preeeeeety?!
Homemade Triple Berry Ice Pops
There’s absolutely no need to buy store-bought pops. I bought the berries on sale (score!) and, more importantly, I know what’s in these pops – simple, wholesome good-for-you ingredients. What more can you want?
This recipe could not be easier. Like, I mean it’s so easy. You literally put all the ingredients in a food processor, whiz it up and pour into the pop molds and freeze. Patiently wait for 5-6 hours and enjoy!
Speaking of molds, the ones I used, each pop is about 5 ounces. If your pop mold is smaller or larger, the quantity you yield will vary slightly.
Of the three berries used here, I used extra blueberries compared to the other ones; I happen to love them and, plus, they are a tad sweeter than raspberries and blackberries. Though, these Triple Berry Pops are not too sweet at all, but if you do like things a little sweeter, feel free to add more honey ’til you get it just right for you; all you gotta do is taste the mixture before pouring into the molds.
I poured the mixture from the food processor straight into a measuring cup and then poured into the molds. This maaaay get messy if you aren’t careful so you can also simply spoon the mixture into the molds.
When you are ready to eat these babies, run the mold under some warm water for a few seconds and slowly/carefully jiggle them out of the molds.
Hope you love these Triple Berry Ice Pops! Tell me, what’s your favourite frozen treat?
Oh, and before I forget, I will see you guys back here next Thursday for Monthly Favourites; we have a long weekend coming up here for Canada Day so a little R & R is in order 😉
If you want to check out some delicious recipes to kick off your Canada Day celebrations (it’s Canada’s 150th birthday), check out this round up.
Until next time, take care and chit chat again soon 🙂
P.S. If you think these Triple Berry Ice Pops will make your belly happy too, please be sure to hit that little Pin button. Many thanks, you guys! XO
Triple Berry Ice Pops
- 1/2 package light cream cheese -softened
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- 1/3 cup lemon juice -about 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup honey -or more to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend to combine, until smooth and creamy (about 2-3 minutes). Depending on the power of your processor, you may need to add a tablespoon or two of water to the mixture to loosen.
- Pour mixture into pop mold to fill line (you can pour in using a measuring cup or spoon mixture in). Tap on counter top to ensure there are no air bubbles in mixture once it is in the mold. You can also stir mixture with wooden skewer to remove any air bubbles once it is in molds. Place sticks in molds and freeze 5-6 hours or until set.
- When ready to eat, run each pop under warm water for a few seconds or so at a time. Carefully jiggle the pop out of the mold to remove. Enjoy!