Easy to prepare and cooked on one pan, this sheet pan sausage and veggies recipe is sure to be a weekday go-to when you’re craving something hearty, comforting and delicious!
Comfort food is my love language. You too? That’s why this sheet pan sausage and veggie recipe happens quite often around here.
It’s incredibly simple to whip up and requires very little hands-on time (meaning you can sit back for a little bit while the oven does most of the work).
Just like my sheet pan chicken and veggies recipe, this one is great to have in your back pocket when you’re pondering what to have for supper. And, if you’re like me, that starts about 8 am. Ha ha!
How To Make Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
Full details are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics:
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and place the sausage on there.
- In a bowl, combine bell peppers with baby potatoes, oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano, thyme, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Mix to ensure the veggies are well coated in the oil and seasonings.
- Place the veggies onto the pan in a single layer, scattered around the sausage.
- Bake, then stir the veggies and flip the sausage. Continue to bake until the sausage are cooked through and the veggies are tender.
- Dump the veggies into a serving dish and drizzle over some red wine vinegar. Place the sausage over top and serve.
Tip: If you want a sauce to serve with the sausage and veggies, honey mustard sauce (use equal parts Dijon mustard and honey) is delicious! Or, simply serve with some Dijon mustard.
There are three bell peppers used in this recipe, and I like to use three different colours simply because it looks pretty. Honestly, use whatever colour bell pepper you enjoy best or have on hand.
As for the potatoes, I used baby potatoes. If you like, you could use regular Yukon Gold or Red potatoes and simply cut into bite-sized chunks.
Type of Sausage To Use
I love Italian pork sausage here. It pairs beautifully with the peppers and potatoes. Use whatever flavour of Italian pork sausage you enjoy best. I’ve even made this recipe with a sun-dried tomato variety and it was delicious!
How To Enjoy
You could totally enjoy this sausage and veggies recipe for any meal of the day, really.
For dinner, this recipe is quite substantial all on its own. Having said that, I do love to serve it with some crusty bread on the side (smeared with butter, of course). It also pairs lovely with a simple green salad to round things out.
For breakfast, enjoy the sausage and veggies with some canned beans. Cut the cooked sausage into chunks, warm up some canned beans (a maple flavoured variety is yummy) and combine everything. Serve yourself a big bowl (and perhaps place a poached egg on top and enjoy with toast). So good on a cold day!
For lunch (or dinner), enjoy the sausage and peppers on a sub bun with melty cheese, and have the potatoes on the side. Talk about a treat (and a total classic)!
More Easy Dinner Recipes
If you make this sheet pan sausage and veggies recipe, be sure to leave a comment below!
Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
- 1 pound Italian pork sausage, about 4 to 5 sausage
- 3 bell peppers, cut into bite-sized chunks (use colours of your choice)
- 1 pound baby potatoes, cleaned up and halved
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar, optional
- Chopped fresh parsley, garnish to taste (optional)
- Grated Parmesan cheese, garnish to taste (optional)
- Crushed red pepper flakes, garnish to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place the sausage onto the prepared sheet pan (with space between them).
- In a large bowl, combine bell peppers, potatoes, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano, thyme, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Toss to combine. Transfer the bell pepper and potato mixture onto the sheet pan and spread it out in a single layer around the sausage.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then carefully remove the sheet pan from the oven, stir the veggies, flip the sausage to the other side and place back into the oven. Continue to bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until the sausage are cooked through (the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit when checked with an instant-read meat thermometer) and veggies are tender.
- Transfer the veggies to a serving dish and stir in red wine vinegar (if using). Place the sausage over top. Garnish with parsley, Parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper flakes, if desired. Serve and enjoy! Yields about 3 to 4 servings.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.
© Girl Heart Food Inc. Photographs and content are copyright protected.
Tried this recipe?
If you do make this recipe, thank you!! It would mean so much if you could leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed it, and it helps other readers too!