Easy blueberry appetizer anyone? This easy crostini recipe has juicy roasted blueberries, creamy whipped goat cheese, lemony olive oil and freshly chopped chives comes. This roasted berry goat cheese crostini is sure to be on rotation all summer long!
I’m pretty excited about this blueberry appetizer I’m sharing today.
We are still having super nice weather (thankfully) so I’m all about delicious recipes that are no fuss and require minimal oven time.
That’s where these roasted blueberry and whipped goat cheese crostini fit the bill.
You may know my deep love for crostini. It’s strong, my friends.
I think it’s because they are just so darn easy to whip up, they taste delicious (of course) and they are cute little bite-sized things and who doesn’t love that?
This blueberry crostini makes for one delicious summer bite.
Imagine whipping up a batch, grabbing some vino and heading out on the deck with friends. Fun times, that’s for sure!
We have to make the most of summer while we can and that means enjoy all the fresh berries.
I mean, it’s not like we can’t get berries year-round; it’s just they’re not quite the same in winter months.
The berries that I used in this crostini recipe are not Newfoundland berries because they are only just coming around. But, when they do, watch out. I may be a little biased, but Newfoundland berries are the best berries ever.
They are super sweet and I could legit eat them by the handful. Every year my pop picks me a huge bucketful and they are always appreciated. So sweet.
How To Roast Blueberries
Can you roast blueberries? Yes! Indeed you can.
Blueberries are super simple to prepare and take only minutes to roast in the oven.
The end result after roasting? Super intense bluberry flavour, much like blueberry jam (only warm). So good! Full details are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place fresh blueberries onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet (spread them out).
- Bake for about 15 minutes until they’re kinda jammy and softened.
- That’s it! They’re ready to use in this blueberry crostini recipe and all sorts of yummy things!
Whipped Goat Cheese
The other major component of this crostini is whipped goat cheese.
Honestly, it’s nothing fancy, but super tasty!
It’s simply goat cheese, a bit of salt and pepper and lemon juice.
Process in a little food processor and it’s creamy dreamy and ready to use.
How To Make The Crostini
After the blueberries are roasted, it’s time to assemble the crostini. Full details are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics:
- Cut your bread into pieces.
- Brush the bread with olive oil.
- Bake the bread.
- Spread over whipped cream cheese.
- Top with roasted blueberries, lemon zest and drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tips for Making This Recipe
- I used fresh blueberries here. I recommend you do the same. If you use frozen, they will not roast well, it will take longer and the end result will be watery. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
- You can easily double this recipe for a crowd.
- Wanna prep in advance? That’s no problem! Keep in mind that the blueberries will cool off. No biggie, though.
- If you do want to prep in advance, do not assemble these crostini until right before serving or they will be a soggy. These are best eaten once prepared.
- I used an apricot and walnut bread because that was what was super fresh and caught my eye that day at the market, but you could use whatever bread suits your fancy. Just cut into bite-sized pieces as I did here.
- Depending on how small or large you cut your bread, will determine how many portions you yield. I would say mine were a standard crostini size and I yielded roughly 10 pieces.
More Easy Crostini Recipes
- Chanterelle Mushroom Crostini
- Roasted Acorn Squash Crostini
- Warm Apple and Caramelized Onion Crostini With Fontina and Crispy Prosciutto
If you make this goat cheese crostini recipe, be sure to leave a comment below!
Roasted Blueberry and Whipped Goat Cheese Crostini Recipe
- 1.5 cups fresh blueberries
- 10 pieces bread, each piece about 3-inch x 2-inch in size (use your favourite hearty bread)
- 1 tablespoon lemon olive oil or regular olive oil, divided
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place blueberries onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Carefully remove and set aside.
- Place bread onto a baking sheet and brush or drizzle with about ½ tablespoon of olive oil. Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes or until bread has reached desired doneness. Carefully remove from the oven and set aside.
- Place goat cheese, salt, black pepper and lemon juice into a small food processor. Process until combined and creamy.
- Spread whipped goat cheese on bread, top with roasted blueberries, chives and lemon zest. Drizzle with remaining ½ tablespoon of lemon olive oil. Serve and enjoy immediately.
Nutrition estimate (if provided) is based on 1 Serving.
Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.
Tried this recipe?
If you do make this recipe, thank you!! It would mean so much if you could leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed it, and it helps other readers too!