These Reese’s Pieces cookies with chocolate chips and oatmeal are (almost) too easy to whip up. They’re bursting with peanut butter and chocolatey goodness. All you need is a tall, cold glass of milk for dunking!
I’m in a funny mood today (pretty much 99% of the time, actually). I made these Reese’s cookies out of necessity.
Yes, it was necessary.
You see, I do the same thing every year.
I buy the dang Halloween candy bars, like, in September and absolutely devour the box the first weekend it’s in the house. Every year it’s the same. I think to myself, ‘nope, not getting into it this year.’
What do I do?
Eat all the candy. Ok, not all, but a good chunk of it.
After hiding my shame or, er, throwing away the candy wrappers the next day, I decided to make cookies…because what better than a night of stuffing my pie hole with candy, than making a batch of candy and chocolate filled cookies. Geeez……
Least there will be some candy left for the kids. Ok, I really have to buy more, but whatever.
In the event that you do have leftover Halloween candy, these Reese’s Pieces cookies would be a great way to use it up!
Look at the little things – little bites of heaven…..
Oh – and chocolate ain’t so bad either. Then, there’s oats. Just thought I’d throw those in their for the, um, healthy factor. Just roll with it.
This Reese’s cookies come together in less than 10 minutes and there’s only about 14 minutes bake time.
That’s less than 20 minutes to peanut buttery, chocolate-loaded goodness.
Dare I say better than candy bars??
You want a generous scoopful of batter for each cookie, place on a parchment paper lined sheet and bake away.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
I could tell you in further detail what makes these cookies delicious….
- like the buttery texture
- creamy milk chocolate chips
- super peanut buttery Reese’s candy
But you should just make ’em for yourself 😉
More Easy Peanut Butter Treats you May Enjoy
- Coffee Donuts with Peanut Butter Chocolate Glaze
- Peanut Butter Nutella Nice Cream
- Chocolate Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies from Spiced
Final (silly) thoughts…the way I look at it, is that candy and cookies help keep me fit. Without them, would I work out? I think not! So, it’s necessary that I make these cookies. Good argument, huh? Oh, the little lies we tell ourselves, lol.
Hope you love these Reese’s cookies as much as we do!
Until next time take care and chit chat again soon,
Make these Reese’s Pieces cookies? That’s awesome! Love it if you left a comment below. Many thanks!
Reese’s Pieces Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup large flake oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter , softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Candy (small or regular variety)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt. Lay to one side.
- In a stand mixer (or in a bowl with a hand mixer) combine butter with both sugars. Mix until combined and fluffy (stopping to scrape sides of bowl as necessary), about 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and mix to combine, about 30 seconds.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and mix until combined, about 1 minute.
- Pour reserved flour mixture into butter mixture and blend until combined, 1 to 2 minutes. Add candy and chocolate chips and mix about 1 minute.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, place about 1 tablespoon scoopfuls of cookie dough, about 2 inches apart (you may have to to two batches, depending on the size of your cookie sheet).
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes. Carefully remove from oven and cool on cooling rack, about 10 minutes. Enjoy!