These no bake peppermint chocolate snack bites are like little bites of holiday goodness! They’re the perfect little treat for yourself, Santa or for gifting. Plus, they take about 10 minutes to prepare. Let’s make them!
Hi! How was your weekend? Did it fly by in a hot minute?
We planned on putting our tree up, but nixed that idea until next weekend. But, it has to go up then.
After that, we are full steam ahead with holiday get-togethers and parties.
To me, a big part of the holidays is the whole “getting ready” part, don’t ya think?
All of the excitement, preparing and anticipation of what’s to come gets me all giddy.
Making These No Bake Snack Bites
To make these peppermint chocolate snack bites, your food processor is your best friend! I use mine on the regular so it’s pretty much taken up a permanent space on our counter.
Basically, you place the oats in the processor and blend until it has a flour-like texture, add the remaining ingredients, form into balls, refrigerate for a bit and dig in (full details are in the recipe card below).
Easy Homemade Food Gift for the Holidays
These are perfect to whip up as homemade foodie gifts this holiday season (or would even make a lovely hostess gift). Wrap up a bunch in pretty packaging and way to go!
I dare ya to eat just one! They disappeared really fast in our home. What’s your favourite thing to make for the holidays?
If you need more holiday inspiration, check out my wicked easy homemade hot chocolate.
If you make these no bake chocolate peppermint balls, be sure to leave a comment below!
Peppermint Chocolate Energy Bites (No Bake)
- 1.5 cups oats, use gluten-free oats, if desired
- ½ cup good quality cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- 2.5 tablespoons finely crushed candy cane
- Place oats in a food processor and process until finely processed. Add cocoa powder and salt and process until combined.
- Add coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, peppermint extract and process a minute or so until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and white chocolate chips and pulse a few times until incorporated, but still pieces of chocolate chips. Add crushed candy cane and pulse a couple of times.
- Line a large plate or baking sheet with wax paper. About a tablespoon or so for each energy bite, roll mixture into balls and place onto the plate or sheet pan. You can enjoy these right away, but they're best when refrigerated for 30 minutes to an hour. Properly store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy within a week.Note: They will be firm coming straight out of the fridge (which is okay), but if you want to wait until they've softened a bit, wait 10 minutes before enjoying.
Nutrition (ESTIMATE ONLY)
Nutrition estimate (if provided) is based on 1 Serving.
Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are guidelines only.
Tried this recipe?
If you do make this recipe, thank you!! It would mean so much if you could leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed it, and it helps other readers too!