Forget delivery and make your own flatbread pizza recipe in minutes with this easy and delicious BBQ Chicken pizza. With about 15 minutes from prep to cook time, you’ll be sure to make this one over and over again. It’s that good!
I’m back at it after a little staycation!
All in all the weather was great! The first few days, it was so windy, but living in the windiest city in Canada (3rd windiest in the world), I have come to expect wind, LOL.
We did get a couple days of rain, which was also nice ’cause it was an excuse to stay inside and chill.
Hopefully you followed me on Instagram where I shared a lot of the good eats we had via Instagram stories.
I thought I’d ease into the week with something that’s a tad indulgent and super easy, so BBQ chicken flatbread pizza it is!
I’m obsessed with these flatbreads! They are just so darn convenient and, of course, delicious! When I made this BBQ chicken flatbread pizza I had a moment where I thought ‘where have you been all my life’? For reals. Food kinda does that to me!
Easy Flatbread Recipe for Pizza
See how easy this flatbread pizza recipe is? All you have to do is:
- Spread BBQ sauce over flatbreads.
- Top with cheese.
- Add thinly sliced red onion and mushrooms.
- Add cooked chicken and banana peppers.
- Bake until cheese is melted and it is heated through.
- Carefully remove from oven and garnish with arugula. Slice up and dig in! Easy, right??
Tips for making this BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza Recipe
The flatbread brand that I use for this flatbread pizza recipe is Stonefire (not sponsored, I just really enjoy the product).
The recipe yields two flatbread pizzas. The size of each flatbread is 200 grams each. If your flatbread is larger or smaller, you may have to adjust your ingredients accordingly.
I cut each flatbread pizza into 2 large slices, but you can cut them smaller if you wish.
I use fresh mozzarella here. It melts wonderfully and tastes delish!
Don’t like banana peppers? Leave ’em out. Love ’em? Pile more on!
Best Pizza Toppings
How cool would it be to buy a bunch of these flatbreads, assembly a little topping station and invite some friends over for a little get-together? Everyone can create their own customized pizza. Fun, right? Some other pizza toppings that I personally love are:
- Pizza sauce
- Spicy Genoa Salami
- Grilled veg
- Roasted Red Pepper
- Goat Cheese
- Feta Cheese
- Green Pepper
- Diced Tomato
- Chili flakes
- A drizzle of balsamic reduction or honey
- Thin slices of grilled peach
The combinations are endless here! What’s some of your favourite pizza toppings?
More Easy Chicken Recipes
Hope you love this BBQ chicken flatbread pizza recipe as much as we do! Stay tuned for another recipe using flatbreads.
If you make this flatbread pizza recipe, be sure to leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed!
BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza Recipe (Made in 15 Minutes)
- 2 (7 ounce) flatbreads (or about 200 grams each)
- ½ cup BBQ sauce (your favourite)
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese (or about 125 grams)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 to 3 fresh baby bella (cremini) mushrooms , thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- ¼ cup pickled banana peppers
- ¼ cup baby arugula
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, place flatbreads onto a large sheet pan. Distribute equally among the two pieces BBQ sauce, cheese, red onion, mushrooms, cooked chicken and banana peppers.
- Drizzle with extra BBQ sauce (if desired).
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top with baby arugula. Cut into pieces. Enjoy!
Nutrition (ESTIMATE ONLY)
Nutrition estimate (if provided) is based on 1 Serving.
Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are guidelines only.