Forget delivery and make your own flatbread pizza recipe in minutes with this easy peasy straight-up-delicious BBQ Chicken pizza. With about 15 minutes from prep to cook time, you’ll be sure to make this one over and over again. It’s that good!
Hey guys! I’m back at it after a little staycation! All in all the weather was great! The first few days, it was SO windy, but living in the windiest city in Canada (3rd windiest in the world), I have come to expect wind, lol. We did get a couple days of rain, which was also nice ’cause it was an excuse to stay inside and chill. Hopefully you followed me on Instagram where I shared a lot of the good eats we had via Instagram stories.
I thought I’d ease into the week with something that’s a tad indulgent and super easy , so bbq chicken flatbread pizza it is! I’m obsessed with these flatbreads, you guys! They are just so darn convenient and, of course, delicious! When I made this bbq chicken flatbread pizza I had a moment where I thought ‘where have you been all my life’? For reals. Food kinda does that to me 😉
Easy Flatbread Recipe for Pizza
See how easy this flatbread pizza recipe is? All you have to do is—>
- Sauce flatbreads
- Top with cheese, mushrooms, onion, banana peppers and chicken.
- Bake until cheese is melted and it is heated through.
- Carefully remove from oven and garnish with arugula. Slice up and dig in! Easy, right??
Tips for making this BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza Recipe
- The flatbread brand that I used for this flatbread pizza recipe is Stonefire (not sponsored, I just really enjoy the product).
- The recipe yields two flatbread pizzas. The size of each flatbread is 200 grams each. If your flatbread is larger or smaller, you may have to adjust your ingredients accordingly.
- I cut each flatbread pizza into 2 large slices, but you can cut them smaller if you wish.
- I used fresh mozzarella here and I totally recommend that’s what you use. It melts wonderfully and tastes delish!
- Don’t like banana peppers? Leave ’em out. Love ’em? Pile more on. This ain’t rocket science 😉
Best Pizza Toppings
How cool would it be to buy a bunch of these flatbreads, assembly a little topping station and invite some friends over for a little get-together? Everyone can create their own customized pizza. Fun, right? Some other pizza toppings that I personally love are –
- Pizza sauce
- Spicy Genoa Salami
- Grilled veg
- Roasted Red Pepper
- Goat Cheese
- Feta Cheese
- Green Pepper
- Diced Tomato
- Chili flakes
- A drizzle of balsamic reduction or honey
- Thin slices of grilled peach
The combinations are endless here! What’s some of your favourite pizza toppings?
Other Simple Chicken Recipes you may Enjoy –
- Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas
- Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Healthy Southwest Chicken and Rice Skillet
- Southwest Chicken Salad
Hope you love this bbq chicken flatbread pizza recipe as much as I do! Stay tuned for another recipe using flatbreads 😉
Until next time, take care and chit chat again soon!
P.S. If you think this flatbread pizza recipe will make your belly happy too, please be sure to hit that little Pin button. Many thanks, you guys! XO
BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza
- 400 grams flatbread -I used two 200 gram pieces
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce -your favourite
- 125 grams fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2-3 fresh baby bella mushrooms -thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup banana peppers
- 1/4 cup baby arugula
Preheat oven to 425F. Place flatbreads on a large sheet pan. Distribute equally among the two pieces bbq sauce, cheese, red onion, mushrooms, chicken and banana peppers.
Drizzle with extra bbq sauce (if desired). Bake for 8-10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Garnish with arugula. Cut into pieces. Enjoy!
Each flatbread can be cut into two large or four small pieces.
For the flatbread I used 'StoneFire Authentic Flatbreads'. This is not a sponsored post, I just enjoy the product.