Made with cocoa powder, milk and white chocolate chips, these Triple Chocolate Muffins are fluffy, ultra chocolatey and a delicious way to kick off the week!
Hey everyone! Starting the week off right….with CHOCOLATE! Ok, I know that most people want to eat a little healthier after the weekend, but don’t ya think we should ease ourselves into it? I mean, what’s the rush, am I right? Jokes aside, these are really good muffins. One of these fresh out of the oven with a cuppa coffee or tall glass of milk makes me happy!
Triple Chocolate Muffins from Scratch
From this chocolate muffins, I used my stand mixer. If you don’t have one, a hand mixer will do the trick just as well!
I organized our pantry this weekend and I can actually see the stuff we have there. Don’t you just love spring cleaning? Or is it just me? I have to be in the mood to do it, though. But when I am? Watch out! The trick now is to actually keep it organized. The struggle is real. I discovered a whole bunch of chocolate chips – mini, regular, all sorts of flavours. I was like a kid in a candy shop right in my own home. Oh, the little things.
Do you know the key to getting that chocolatey top with muffins? Reserving a few chocolate chips and dabbling into the tops before baking! Voila – they’re literally bursting with chocolate! Plus, it just adds a lil’ somethin’ somethin’ to the finished product.
These chocolate muffins like most baked good are best eaten within a day or two of being eaten; if you aren’t up to that task you can totally freeze ’em and take out for when that chocolate craving hits. I’m pretty sure after one taste, they won’t last past day one. I speak from experience 😉
Hope you love these Triple Chocolate Muffins as much as I do!
Don’t forget to subscribe below to stay in the loop on all the latest recipes.
Until next time, take care and chit chat again soon!
Make these triple chocolate muffins? That’s awesome! Love it if you left a comment and rating below. Many thanks, you guys!
Triple Chocolate Muffins
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , softened at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk (I used 2% milk fat)
- 1.5 cups milk chocolate chips (plus some extra for top of muffins)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- baking spray (for greasing muffin liners)
- In a bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine and lay to one side.
- Prepare muffin pan - grease muffin liners with baking spray and lay to one side. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a stand mixer or bowl (and using hand mixer) combine sugar and butter. Mix on medium until combined and creamy, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, until just combined.
- Alternating between flour mixture and milk, add to mixer and stir to just combine.
- Stir in milk and white chocolate chips and mix about 1 minute until combined.
- Distribute mixture among muffin liners and top each muffin with 3 to 4 chocolate chips.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until wooden skewer inserted comes out clean. Let cool in muffin pan for about 10 minutes before removing. Enjoy!