Made with cocoa powder, milk and white chocolate chips, these Triple Chocolate Muffins are fluffy, ultra chocolatey and a delicious way to kick off the week!
Hi everyone! Starting the week off right … with chocolate!
I know that most people want to eat a little healthier after the weekend, but don’t ya think we should ease ourselves into it? I mean, what’s the rush, am I right?
Jokes aside, these are really good muffins. One of these fresh out of the oven with a cuppa coffee or tall glass of milk makes me happy!
Triple Chocolate Muffins from Scratch
From this chocolate muffins, I used my stand mixer. If you don’t have one, a hand mixer will do the trick just as well!
I organized our pantry this weekend and I can actually see the stuff we have there. Don’t you just love spring cleaning? Or is it just me? I have to be in the mood to do it, though. But when I am? Watch out! The trick now is to actually keep it organized. The struggle is real. I discovered a whole bunch of chocolate chips: mini, regular, all sorts of flavours. I was like a kid in a candy shop right in my own home. Oh, the little things.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
Do you know the key to getting that chocolatey top with muffins? Reserving a few chocolate chips and dabbling into the tops before baking! Then, they’re literally bursting with chocolate! Plus, it just adds a little something special to the finished product.
These chocolate muffins, like most baked goods, are best eaten within a day or two of being made. Although, you can totally freeze ’em and take out for when that chocolate craving hits. I’m pretty sure after one taste, they won’t last past day one (at least not in our home).
Hope you love these triple chocolate muffins as much as we do!
If you make these triple chocolate muffins, be sure to leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed!
Triple Chocolate Muffins
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter , softened
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk (I used 2% milk fat)
- 1.5 cups milk chocolate chips (plus some extra for top of muffins)
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Baking spray (for greasing muffin liners)
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Prepare muffin pan: grease muffin liners with baking spray and set aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or using a mixing bowl and a hand mixer), blend (on medium-high speed) sugar and butter until combined and creamy, about 1 to 2 minutes (stop to scrape sides of bowl, as necessary, with a rubber spatula).
- Add vanilla extract and blend in. Reduce speed and add eggs, one at a time, blending until just combined.
- Alternating between reserved flour mixture and milk, add to mixer and blend to just combine (there should be no streaks of flour remaining).
- Add milk and white chocolate chips and blend about 1 minute until combined.
- Distribute mixture among muffin liners and top each muffin with 3 to 4 chocolate chips.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the muffins comes out clean (some chocolate from the chocolate chips is fine). Let muffins cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing and placing onto a cooling rack to further cool. Enjoy!
Nutrition (ESTIMATE ONLY)
Nutrition estimate (if provided) is based on 1 Serving.
Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are guidelines only.