Looking for an easy veggie side dish? Try this balsamic roasted radishes recipe! Made in about 20 minutes, they’re garlicky, flavourful and sure to be a favourite.
You know how we love roasted vegetables around here.
Today I’m sharing a roasted radishes recipe … and not just roasted radishes, garlicky roasted radishes with balsamic and chives.
So simple, but so incredibly yummy!
This root vegetable side is a great way to mix things up and, bonus, it comes together in about 20 minutes.
Plus, how gorgeous is this bunch of beets?
How to Cook Radishes
Full details on how to make this garlic roasted radishes recipe are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics:
- Wash and trim radishes and remove tops and root end.
- Cut into bite-sized pieces, all roughly the same size.
- Toss with oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread out onto a baking sheet and bake.
- Once there are just 2 or 3 minutes left on your cook time, mix in lots of garlic and some balsamic vinegar.
- When they’re done, sprinkle over some chopped chives and dig in!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
Can I Use the Radish Greens?
You sure can!
Toss cleaned/chopped greens with a little oil and wilt them in a skillet on the stovetop or add to the sheet pan during the last few minutes of cook time.
More Tips and Variations
If you want to use some herbs, thyme would work great with this roasted radishes recipe.
Add a little spice with fresh chili or a touch of cayenne powder.
Roast time of the radishes may vary, depending on their size and how tender (or not) you like your veggies.
I happened to have chive flowers on hand from our garden, but that’s totally optional!
More Yummy Root Vegetable Recipes
Hope you love this roasted radishes recipe as much as we do!
If you try this oven-roasted radish recipe, be sure to leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed it!
Roasted Radishes Recipe (with balsamic and garlic)
- 2 pounds radishes , cleaned and root/green ends removed (about 3 bunches)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chives , chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, wash, trim and pat dry radishes with a clean tea towel. Cut into pieces (the large ones I halved and the smaller ones I left whole).
- In a bowl, toss radishes with oil, salt and pepper. Spread onto a baking sheet. Roast 15 to 20 minutes (depending on how tender you like them).When there's just 2 to 3 minutes of cook time left, stir in minced garlic and balsamic vinegar. We don't want to add this too early or it will burn.
- Once done, sprinkle with fresh chives. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Roast time of the radishes may vary, depending on their size and how tender (or not) you like your veggies.
- I happened to have chive flowers on hand from our garden, but that’s totally optional!
Nutrition (ESTIMATE ONLY)
Nutrition estimate (if provided) is based on 1 serving.
Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are guidelines only.