Looking for an easy veggie side dish? Try this balsamic roasted radishes recipe! Made in about 20 minutes, they’re garlicky, flavourful and sure to be a favourite.
You know how we love roasted vegetables around here.
Well, today I’m sharing a roasted radishes recipe…and not just roasted radishes, garlicky roasted radishes with balsamic and chives.
So simple, but so incredibly yummy!
This root vegetable side is a great way to mix things up and, bonus, it comes together in about 20 minutes.
Plus, how gorgeous is this bunch of beets?
How to Cook Radishes
Full details on how to make this garlic roasted radishes recipe are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics:
- Wash/trim radishes and remove tops and root end.
- Cut into bite-sized pieces, all roughly the same size.
- Toss with oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread out onto a baking tray and bake.
- Once there’s just 2 or 3 minutes left on your cook time, mix in lots of garlic and some balsamic vinegar.
- When they’re done, sprinkle over some chopped chives and dig in!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
Can I Use the Radish Greens?
You sure can!
Toss cleaned/chopped greens with a little oil and wilt them in a skillet on the stove top or add to the sheet pan during the last few minutes of cook time.
More Tips and Variations
If you want to use some herbs, thyme would work great.
Add a little spice with fresh chili or a touch of cayenne pepper.
Roast time of the radishes may vary, depending on their size and how tender (or not) you like your veggies.
I happened to have chive flowers on hand from our garden, but that’s totally optional!
Other Root Vegetable Recipes You May Enjoy
- Mashed Turnip (rutabaga) – With roasted garlic and brown butter, this veggie side is always a favourite!
- Celeriac Puree – Creamy, dreamy and a touch garlicky, this celery root puree is a wonderful alternative to potatoes.
- Mashed Parsnip – With butter and pistachios, this mashed parsnip recipe is delicious.
Hope you love this roasted radishes recipe as much as we do!
Until next time, take care and chit chat again soon,
Make this oven roasted radish recipe? That’s awesome! Love it if you left a comment below. Many thanks!
Roasted Radishes Recipe (with balsamic and garlic)
- 2 pounds radishes , cleaned and root/green ends removed (about 3 bunches)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chives , chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash, trim and pat dry radishes with a clean tea towel. Cut into pieces (the large ones I halved and the smaller ones I left whole).
- Toss radishes with oil , salt and pepper. Spread onto a baking sheet. Roast 15 to 20 minutes (depending on how tender you like them).When there's just 2 to 3 minutes of cook time left, stir in minced garlic and balsamic vinegar. We don't want to add this too early or it will burn.
- Once done, sprinkle with fresh chives. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- If you want to use some herbs, thyme would work great.
- Add a little spice with fresh chili or a touch of cayenne pepper.
- Roast time of the radishes may vary, depending on their size and how tender (or not) you like your veggies.
- I happened to have chive flowers on hand from our garden, but that’s totally optional!