Made with only 7 ingredients, these no bake chocolate coconut balls come together quickly and taste delicious. Just mix up the ingredients, roll into balls and refrigerate for a bit. Easy peasy snack bites!
Sharing another easy recipe before the weekend.
We are this close to Friday. What are your plans? Because we were traveling last weekend, we have a whole bunch of our fave shows recorded so it will definitely be a tv fest! Oh, and cooking….lots of cooking.
Fall is my favourite time of year, especially because of all the comfort food.
Like most of the recipes you’ll find here on Girl Heart Food, this recipe for chocolate and coconut balls is very simple. Oh, and did I mention delicious?
Deciding on an appropriate name, though, not so much. Sometimes I can be a little cray cray and my mind goes to funny places. Anywho……
So, when deciding what to call these little bites of chocolatey goodness, I was a little perplexed.
I mean, the base and main component of this recipe is prunes. Yes, prunes. And prunes are definitely not very, um, sexy. Tasty? Yes! So names…
Chocolate and coconut snack balls?
I may over-analyze things just a tad. My hubby can confirm that. But, that’s a story for another day 😀
How to Make ‘Em
Full details are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics-
For this recipe, you just need a food processor. Mix up the prunes and then add the rest of the ingredients. Roll into balls, place on a wax paper lined baking sheet and refrigerate for a little bit. Told ya it was easy!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
Prunes as a Natural Sweetener
The prunes provide a lovely base for these chocolate and coconut balls.
There was no need to add any sugar to this recipe because they are sweetened with prunes (and, of course, chocolate provides some sweetness).
More Snacks You May Enjoy
I’ve also made these no bake balls with dates instead of prunes. Both work deliciously! Use what you have on hand!
Until next time, take care and chit chat again soon,
Make this chocolate coconut ball recipe? That’s awesome! Love it if you left a comment below. Many thanks!
Chocolate and Coconut Snack Bites
- 1 cup pitted prunes or dates (about 16 to 17 prunes or 20 to 23 pitted degletnour dates)
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate , roughly chopped (use vegan to keep these vegan)
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2/3 cup walnuts , roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- pinch sea salt
- Place pitted prunes or dates in processor and blend, until broken down, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add remainder of ingredients to prunes and blend until just combined, 1 to 2 minutes.
- About a tablespoon or so at a time, form into balls. Place on a wax paper lined baking sheet or dish and place in fridge for about 1 hour to firm up. Best stored in fridge. Enjoy!