Ham & Brie Grilled Cheese Sandwich
This Ham & Brie Grilled Cheese Sandwich is piled high with thinly sliced ham, creamy brie cheese, crispy granny smith apple and sweet blueberry jam for one scrumptious bite. Your belly is definitely gonna do a happy dance!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 6 minutes
Total Time 11 minutes
Servings 2 sandwiches
- 4 slices sourdough bread -or your fave bread
- 2 tbsp mayo
- pinch black pepper
- 2 tbsp blueberry jam
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 oz ham -thinly sliced
- 80 g brie -cut into thin slices
- 1/2 apple -thinly sliced
Spread mayo on one side of each slice of bread. Distribute jam over top of only 2 of those slices. Sprinkle with a little black pepper.
Top jam with cheese. Next, add apple slices and ham.
Butter outside of all 4 bread slices.
In a griddle pan or non stick pan on medium heat add sandwiches. Cook about 3-4 minutes per side, carefully flipping and cooking 3-4 minutes more until cheese is melted. Carefully remove from pan, cut in half (if desired) and enjoy!
- Don't use just any old bread....use something flavourful and fresh. For this sandwich, I used sourdough.
- Speaking of bread, the size of the slices you choose will affect how much mayo and butter you use. I had some decent-sized slices of bread and what I used for this recipe was just right.
- I used a variation on my mixed berry chia seed jam and made blueberry chia seed jam for this sandwich, but you could use whatever type of jam rocks your boat.
- Thinly sliced or shaved ham works lovely in this recipe. Your deli should be able to slice it up for you.
- Don't care for brie cheese? Camembert works lovely too!