Beet Cashew Dip
Creamy, dreamy and super dip-able this Beet Cashew Dip is made with only 6 ingredients. It's delicious with chips or veggie sticks!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 1 lb cooked beets -about 4 small beets
- 1 cup unsalted cashews -soaked in water overnight, drained
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds -soaked in water overnight, drained
- 2.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar -use the best quality you have
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil -divided
Place cooked beets in a food processor and blend 1 minute or so until smooth.
Add cashews, sunflower seeds, balsamic vinegar and salt. Mix for about 5 minutes until combined (stop to scrape sides, if necessary).
Add 2 tbsp olive oil and mix 1 minute.
Pour into serving dish and garnish with remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil. Enjoy with your favourite chips or veggies sticks!
- Pre-cooked beets help this dip come together in less than 10 minutes. If you are cooking the beets on your own, plan for an extra bit of time. The prep/cooking listing in this recipe assumes you are using cooked beets. For beet cooking time, check out this post.
- The number of beets you use will vary depending on their size. You want about 1 lb in total. Use your grocery store's scale if you don't have one at home.
- This beet cashew dip yields quite a bit. It didn't last long in our home, but feel free to half the recipe if you like.
- Don't forget to soak those cashews and sunflower seeds in water overnight. They help thicken and make this beetroot dip nice-n-creamy. Oh - and drain 'em before you use in this dip.
Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 338mg | Potassium: 323mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Vitamin C: 2.8mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1.8mg