Avocado & Smoked Salmon Appetizer with Goat Cheese
Super easy and flavourful, this Avocado and Smoked Salmon Appetizer can be whipped up in under 15 minutes, which makes it perfect for weekend eats or holiday entertaining. Crispy flatbread is topped with creamy goat cheese, smoked salmon, avocado, capers and chives. Delish!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 13 minutes
Servings 12 pieces
- 200 gram flatbread
- 1/2 tsp olive oil -plus more for garnish (optional)
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 50 grams smoked salmon
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp chives -minced
- 1/2 avocado -sliced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Brush flatbread with olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Bake In a 425 F oven for 8-10 minutes or until browned and crisped a little. Carefully remove.
Top flatbread with goat cheese, smoked salmon, capers, chives, avocado and black pepper. Cut into 12 pieces. Drizzle with additional olive oil if desired. Enjoy!
- I cut the flatbread into pieces after it was topped with everything. However, if you prefer, you could cut into pieces and then top....do whatever is easiest for you.
- Regular smoked salmon is what I used here. Want to switch things up? Maple glazed smoked salmon works wonderfully too.
- Because the goat cheese can eventually make the flatbread soggy after a little bit, I wouldn't prep these in advance. It's best made and enjoyed right away.
- You can use thinly sliced red onion in place of the chopped chives if you prefer.
- Don't have flatbread on hand? Toast up some small pieces of bread and use that instead!
Calories: 95kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 181mg | Potassium: 63mg | Vitamin A: 2.4% | Vitamin C: 1.2% | Calcium: 2.1% | Iron: 3.4%