Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip Mini Stuffed Peppers
These Buffalo Chicken Dip Mini Stuffed Peppers combine all the flavours of your favourite buffalo chicken dip with sweet peppers for one belly satisfying, taste bud lovin', two bite appetizer!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Cooling 10 minutes
Total Time 32 minutes
Servings 36 pieces
- 18-20 mini peppers -cut in half, seeds & ribs removed
- 250 gram package light cream cheese -softened
- 1/3 cup hot sauce -your favourite, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup light ranch dressing -your favourite
- 1/2 lime -juiced
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup cooked chicken -shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion -plus more for garnish
- 6 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese -divided (about 1.5 cups). I used 'habanero' variety
Cut mini peppers in half and remove ribs and seeds. Lay to one side.
In a food processor add cream cheese, hot sauce, ranch, lime juice, dill and black pepper. Blend until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
Stir in chicken, green onion and 1/2 cup cheese. Incorporate using a spatula.
Fill pepper halves with dip mixture. Place in baking dish (use two 8 x 8 dishes or one larger one so the peppers rest against each other). Bake for 10 minutes.
Carefully remove peppers from oven and top with remaining cheese. Turn oven to broil and cook 1-2 more minutes until cheese bubbly and melted.
Carefully remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes. Drizzle with additional hot sauce and green onion. Yields 36-40 pieces, roughly. Enjoy!
- Depending on the size of your peppers, the quantity you yield may vary slightly. I used about 18 peppers for this recipe, yielding 36 pieces.
- Run out of peppers and still have leftover dip? Use it for chips!
- The hot sauce you use will affect how spicy these mini stuffed peppers are.
- Make sure the cream cheese is softened so it will be nice-n-blendable. Just took it out of the fridge and don't want to wait forever for it to soften? Pop it in the microwave in a microwave safe dish and heat at 10-15 second intervals until softened OR cut into cubes and let rest on your counter top for a little while.
- These stuffed peppers can be made in advance a day in advance. Simply fill peppers with dip, refrigerate and bake when ready.
- Speaking of chicken, ensure that it shredded or cut up small enough so that you don't have huge chunks.
- As mentioned, this recipe yields quite a bit. You could easily half the recipe if you want.
Serving: 1half | Calories: 49kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 137mg | Potassium: 63mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 10.5% | Vitamin C: 24.2% | Calcium: 4.8% | Iron: 1%