Last Updated: July 13, 2020
Views & opinions expressed on girlheartfood.com are those of the blogger and are just that, views & opinions. They are from the personal experience of the blogger at girlheartfood.com. I cook for my own enjoyment and entertainment. I’m not a professional cook/chef/baker/dietitian/nutritionist/medical expert or offering any kind of professional advice. Following any advice provided on this Website is at your own risk. Under no circumstances will I be held liable for any loss or damage arising from the use of this Website. No warranty implied. I make no representation as to the accuracy or completeness of any information found on this Website, including the information contained in the outbound links (websites) I point you to. Users/readers should verify any information regarding products/services & the like themselves should they wish.
Information We Collect
Information You Voluntarily Provide
We collect personal information when you submit your name, email address and any other information to us on this Website. Examples include:
- When you subscribe to our newsletter
- When you e-mail us
- When you comment on this site
- When you fill out a contact form on this site
Information We Collect From Others
We may receive information about you from other sources. For instance, if you use a third party service provider through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
Automatically Collected Information
Like many websites, girlheartfood.com uses information from log data which may include information such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of a visitor’s computer, as well as the browser type, browser version, the pages of this site that have been viewed by the visitor, the time and date of the visit, the time spent on those pagers and other statistics. While this data is used to track visitors’ behavior, it is not linked to any information that allows this Website to personally identify the visitor.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. The method of doing so can vary from browser to browser and from version to version. You can, however, obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
(a) More information about cookies using Chrome. (Chrome);
(b) More information about cookings using Firefox. (Firefox);
(c) More information about using cooking using Opera. (Opera);
(d) More information about cooking using Internet Explorer. (Internet Explorer);
(e) More information about cookies using Safari. (Safari) and
If you decline cookies in your browser, please note, this may result in all functions on this website not working properly. More information about cookies can be found here.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website.
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each e-mail promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings.
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts.
- To respond to your comments or inquiries.
- To provide you with user support.
- To track and measure advertising on the Website.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
- We also may use your information to manage our business or perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Please note, we use both personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information, and combinations of both types, as described above.
Sharing and Disclosure
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services. These service providers may have access to your personal information or other information in order to provide these functions. In addition, some of the information we request may be collected by third party providers on our behalf. This Website currently uses the following third-party service providers.
Please note, this list may be amended from time to time at the Website’s sold discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your e-mail address or other personal information without your consent. However, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You may also visit http://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and http://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors:
From time to time, this Website may be compensated by brands or companies to feature their products in blog posts. The relationship will always be disclosed up-front within the blog post. All sponsored content is disclosed in accordance with the FTC’s requirements. These sponsored posts may utilize tracking pixels (aka web beacons) which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. The information is collected by the sponsoring company or brand to track the results of the sponsored post. No personally identifiable information collected by this website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
We would never affiliate ourselves with a brand and/or product that we didn’t enjoy or think would be beneficial to our readers. Brands and/or products recommended on this site are valid at the time of posting, and are based on the information available to Girl Heart Food when the recommendation was made. Girl Heart Food is not liable for, and does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information regarding said products or brands. Readers are reminded to use their own discretion when deciding if such brand and/or product is right for them.
This Website has a voluntary newsletter subscription used to inform subscribers about products, services and/or content supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish, but do so at their own discretion. Users can also unsubscribe at any time should they wish to do so.
All newsletters sent to you may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows analysis of the success of the newsletter. These pixels may allow us to see if and when you open an email from us and which links (if any) within the email you click. From this information, we may adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. If you subscribe to our mailing list, you can unsubscribe at any time.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
- If you are subscribed to our newsletter, you may unsubscribe at any time should you wish to do so by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. Also, you may notify us at [email protected]to be removed from our mailing list.
- You can instruct your browser to accept cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued or to not receive cookies at any time.
- You can decide not to use this Website.
Rights Related to Your Personal Information
- Opt-out – You may opt-out of future e-mail communications by following the unsubscribe links in our e-mails. You may also notify us at [email protected]
- Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to [email protected]
- Amend – You may contact us at [email protected]to amend or update your personal information.
- Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to [email protected].
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record- keeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
California Residents (CCPA)
California Residents: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2019 (“CCPA”), you have certain rights with respect to your personal information. For the purposes of this section, personal information is used as defined in the CCPA.
Girl Heart Food and our advertising partners collects information when you visit our site to provide a better user experience, for advertising, for email marketing and to protect both this site and you from fraud or security issues.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), California consumers have the right, at any time, to opt out of the sale of their personal information collected on Girl Heart Food. If you wish to opt out of the sale of your personal information collected on Girl Heart Food, please click the gray “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” button on the left side of the screen and follow the instructions on the “Consumer Privacy Information” popup that displays (note that this button and form will only display for California residents).
You may also email us with your request at [email protected] We may retain a copy of this request for our records.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
This Website is a fun website with recipes, chit chat &/or food-related topics. It is totally awesome when visitors/users make comments which allow for fun, positive interaction. However, please note that this Website reserves the right to not publish or delete comments which are negative or inappropriate. Please be kind.
Any comments posted on this Website become the property of this Website and may be used in this blog (Website), e-mails, or products and/promotion of this Website or the Girl Heart Food brand.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Moreover, any comments readers leave on this Website are public and may be read, collected or used by anyone. Your name, website (if applicable) and date/time of comment will be displayed. However, your e-mail address and IP address will be secure.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Readers accept these risks when providing personal information and posting comments to this Website.
We may review (or remove) content provided by users (or third party content providers) of this Website. We do not undertake any obligation or liability with respect to any removed content. Any statements or information made on this Website by users (or third party content providers) is not that of Girl Heart Food.
Sensitive Personal Information
Children and Our Website
Our Website is not directed to children under 16. We do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at [email protected] and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. It is important for readers to understand, however, that no method of transmitting information over the internet or electronic storage is 100 percent secure.
Links to Other Websites
Embedded Content From Other Sites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Nutritional Information Disclosure
I’m not a professional cook/chef/baker/dietitian/nutritionist/medical expert and do not offer any professional medical or nutritional advice. My recipes should be taken as a guideline only and your best judgement should be used to ensure the food is safety prepared and/or a good fit for your diet. Please consult a medical professional if you are unsure.
This Website occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this Website. This information is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate and not be construed as a guarantee of its validity. This information is calculated by WP Recipe Maker plugin (or other third-party source) from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Varying factors such as product types/brands and the way ingredients are processed may change the nutritional information in any given recipe.
Nutrition labels, such as “vegan”, “vegetarian”, “gluten free”, “dairy free”, “low carb” and so forth are provided as a convenience to you and have not been verified by a professional. You should always review the ingredient list on your own, or with a medical professional, if you have specific dietary needs.
From time to time, this Website may host giveaways. These events may be self-sponsored by the blog owner or may be sponsored by another individual or business. This may or may not be plainly stated in the actual giveaway. If you need further clarification, please e-mail us at [email protected]
Unless otherwise stated, all giveaways will follow these guidelines:
- Winners will be chosen randomly.
- Are hosted with the intent of adding fun to this Website and in no way are meant to be a form of gambling.
- Open only to residents of Canada and U.S., unless otherwise stated.
- Start and end on dates of the giveaway will be listed on each specific contest.
- If giveaway is self-hosted the prize will be mailed to the winner(s) within 14 days.
- Please note that this Website chooses the companies that we work with very carefully and only choose companies that we think are reputable and honest. If a giveaway is sponsored by one of these outside companies or businesses, this Website cannot be held liable or responsible, should a vendor choose not to fulfill a promised prize.
- Once winner is randomly chosen, they will be contacted via the e-mail address they provided upon entering the contest. In order to send the prize to the winner, we may require a mailing address. Winner recognizes that their information (name, e-mail address and/or mailing address) may need to be passed onto the prize delivering party for fulfillment of the giveaway should the prize be sponsored by an outside entity.
- We may, at our discretion, make public the first name and province or state of our giveaway winner(s). All other contact information will remain private.
- Each winner will have 48 hours to claim the prize, after being notified via the e-mail they used to enter the contest. After 48 hours, if there is no response (or winner does not meet entry requirements (as specified when they entered), another winner will be randomly chosen.
- All giveaway entrants agree to be honest and not cheat the systems; any suspect of fraud is decided upon by this Website and/or the sponsor, and entrants may be disqualified at our discretion.
- Any prizes that may result in tax liability for the winner(s) are the winner(s) responsibility.
- We are not responsible for lots or damaged items. Replacement items will not be provided.
- Giveaways may be promoted on Facebook, Twitter, e-mail or other social network sites. This is a means of promotion only, and any promotion on those sites is not to be interpreted as Facebook or Twitter partaking in, or being in any way responsible for that particular contest.
- We reserve the right to end, extend, or change a giveaway for any reason and without prior notice.
- Odds of winning in one of our giveaways depend on the number of entrants.
Unless otherwise noted, all content, photography and video is copyright of this Website. Please do not reproduce any text, videos or photos without my prior written consent. If you want to use one of my photos from a recipe for a round-up style post, that is ok. Ensure you provide a link back (credit) to the original post on this site. You can email at [email protected] if you have any further questions.
The materials appearing on this Website may include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. This Website does not warrant that any of the materials on its Website are accurate, complete, or current. This Website may make changes to the materials contained on its Website at any time without notice. This Website does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.